Convention irony: Ford signs raised during Granholm's bailout rant

• Banned
Ford's CEO supported the bailout.

You're an idiot.

"The Automotive Industry Financing Program — which was created under the Troubled Asset Relief Program — provided $79.69 billion to GM, GMAC and Chrysler. So far, they have paid back a little more than half of the money, or about $40 billion, according to Treasury’s daily report for Sept. 16 on TARP funds."

"Ford did not receive any money under AIFP."

• Banned

You're an idiot.

Relax GM is doing well.

Half priced cars with subprime loans......What could possibly go wrong..............

NYCarbonated is feverishly looking for this to prove he's right.

FactCheck.org : Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

The real irony is that I never said a word as to whether they took money or not. All the article says is that people in the audience raised signs. Talk about paranoia.

Last edited:

You're an idiot.

Relax GM is doing well.

Half priced cars with subprime loans......What could possibly go wrong..............

NYCarbonated is feverishly looking for this to prove he's right.

FactCheck.org : Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

The real irony is that I never said a word as to whether they took money or not. All the article says is that people in the audience raised signs.

And his point was irrelevant.

• Banned

You're an idiot.

How's he the idiot? He simply cut and pasted an article. In addition, your point is irrelevant. The speaker was touting the bailout and the saving of the industry (which is total bull shit), and Ford didn't take the bailout. It's ironic.

NYCastrated has a "get even thing" going with me. I pointed out so many times where he makes a statement and then runs away without defending it. Now he tries to get a "gotcha" moment when I post.

Last edited:
Without the other two, Ford would also have gone under as well as the parts industry. That can't be denied. Something Republicans disparately overlook. Grasping at straws to make their failure look "less". It's also why the are desperate to take credit for getting Bin Laden. They just want to find at least one thing they didn't fail at. One thing where at least one of their policies wasn't a terrible disaster. Well, they're still looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without the other two, Ford would also have gone under as well as the parts industry. That can't be denied. Something Republicans disparately overlook. Grasping at straws to make their failure look "less". It's also why the are desperate to take credit for getting Bin Laden. They just want to find at least one thing they didn't fail at. One thing where at least one of their policies that wasn't a terrible disaster. Well, they're still looking.

You are an even bigger idiot than I previously thought. None of the others were going away. They would have restructured and probably been better off than they are today.

All Obama did was save the United Auto Workers Union, and stuck the US taxpayers with the bill.

Forum List

Back