Convention bounce?...Trump up in battleground states after convention, leads Clinton

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
The Hill's Ballot Box Blog ^ | July 24, 2016 | Rebecca Savransky

Support for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump ticked up across battleground states following the Republican National Convention last week, according to the new CBS News Battleground Tracker Poll.

Trump now has 42 percent support across the 11 battleground states surveyed — up from the 40 percent he had last week before the convention. Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has 41 percent support, unchanged from last week's poll. According to the poll, 55 percent of Republicans said Trump's message at the convention made them feel hopeful, and about 40 percent said it made them feel enthusiastic.

Among independents, 32 percent said it made them feel hopeful, and 25 percent said it made them feel enthusiastic. Still, another 32 percent of independents said they felt scared.

Among Democrats, 63 percent said what they saw and heard from the GOP nominee at the convention made them feel scared.

Most Republicans left the convention feeling at least somewhat more positive about Trump. The poll found that 46 percent said they became "much" more positive. Among independents, only 23 percent said they came away feeling much more positive, and among moderates, only 16 percent said the same.

The poll was conducted among 2,131 registered voters across 11 states including Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, North Carolina, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Hillary takes frequent naps, is often confused, because Russians drugged her Metamucil!
debate.gif

That's quite a modest bump for Trump don't you think?

Now it's Hillary's turn, and the DEM convention is very likely to bump her back up.

Being last to speak is always an advantage in any forum, and with the DEM convention coming next, after the GOP's, this is a strategic advantage for Hillary.

I don't know how the two parties schedule these each election year, although last time in 2012 the GOP went first again, shortly after which the DEM's had their convention.

At any rate with his bump, Trump has managed to draw close to a tie, and I expect Hillary will pull ahead with her own bump next week after this coming week's DEM convention.

Next time, in 2020, the GOP should endeavor to be last, not first.

Trump needs to wear a uniform and carry a riding crop like Patton.
Patton was quite a dandy prince when it came to things like that, yes.

Ready to jump on a horse and ride away in an instant !!

What could be more important than that ?!

I suspect this is also why Texans wear western boots and 10 gallon hats -- to show that they have been on a horse at some time in their lives in the past -- at least.

Showmanship.

Now it's Hillary's turn, and the DEM convention is very likely to bump her back up.

Being last to speak is always an advantage in any forum, and with the DEM convention coming next, after the GOP's, this is a strategic advantage for Hillary.

I don't know how the two parties schedule these each election year, although last time in 2012 the GOP went first again, shortly after which the DEM's had their convention.

At any rate with his bump, Trump has managed to draw close to a tie, and I expect Hillary will pull ahead with her own bump next week after this coming week's DEM convention.

That is if anyone watches what will prove to be a snooze fest. We know Mrs. Tuzla there is nothing she can say to change anyone's minds.

• Banned

The LEAK have effectively KILLED her BOUNCE....IF the MANY THOUSANDS of irate Bernie fans don't set the fucking place on fire!

The LEAK have effectively KILLED her BOUNCE....IF the MANY THOUSANDS of irate Bernie fans don't set the fucking place on fire!

They will just blame the burning on the Communist, history repeating itself.

Forum List

Back