Convent Burned. People Say It Is Not A Hate Crime.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
"Convent Burned. People Say It Is Not A Hate Crime."
substitute Mosque for Convent, and we have a discussion that highlights teh disconnect in many people's arguments.

You're Not a Bigot, You're a Worrier.

Are you called a bigot, but know yourself to be a well meaning patriotic type?
Even if this fits you -- :lol: -- you're still___________. :eusa_whistle:

Interesting take and a defense I usually give when arguing with progressives I know about the Tea Party whackos and other wingnuts.

"...mostly decent, well-meaning people trying to protect their country. But they were manipulated by demagogues playing upon their fears — the 19th- and 20th-century equivalents of Glenn Beck."

"...there were whispering campaigns that presidents including Martin Van Buren and William McKinley were secretly working with the pope. Does that sound familiar?"

"These kinds of stories inflamed a mob of patriots in 1834 to attack an Ursuline convent outside Boston and burn it down."

sound familiar? Do you deny the convent was biurned to teh ground because of stories similar to ones you may spread about Obama and the Muslims?

Right wing whackjob takes hostages inside major TV station.

Same scenario. Only that would have actually happened - had the guy been anything but a fucking left wing whackjob. Just sayin'.

Your attempt at dismissing anyone who dares disagree with you is noted. Thanks for caring.

Right wing whackjob takes hostages inside major TV station.

Same scenario. Only that would have actually happened - had the guy been anything but a fucking left wing whackjob. Just sayin'.

Your attempt at dismissing anyone who dares disagree with you is noted. Thanks for caring.

crazy people who need psychiatric help? is that all you've got to try and hang around the necks of those you disagree with?

if the mental case was politically active witha group like operation rescue and if the nut left reasoned arguments behind you might have a point.

Was John Salvi a conservative? you're a moron

I see.

We are not bigots, just idiots who have been duped into believing a lie.

I think I would rather be a bigot than a fool. I understand why you prefer to be a fool though, so feel free.

substitute Mosque for Convent, and we have a discussion that highlights the disconnect in many people's arguments.

Interesting take and a defense I usually give when arguing with progressives I know about the Tea Party whackos and other wingnuts.

"...mostly decent, well-meaning people trying to protect their country. But they were manipulated by demagogues playing upon their fears — the 19th- and 20th-century equivalents of Glenn Beck."

"...there were whispering campaigns that presidents including Martin Van Buren and William McKinley were secretly working with the pope. Does that sound familiar?"

"These kinds of stories inflamed a mob of patriots in 1834 to attack an Ursuline convent outside Boston and burn it down."

sound familiar? Do you deny the convent was burned to the ground because of stories similar to ones you may spread about Obama and the Muslims?
:eusa_shhh:

substitute Mosque for Convent, and we have a discussion that highlights the disconnect in many people's arguments.

sound familiar? Do you deny the convent was burned to the ground because of stories similar to ones you may spread about Obama and the Muslims?

I see.

We are not bigots, just idiots who have been duped into believing a lie.

I think I would rather be a bigot than a fool. I understand why you prefer to be a fool though, so feel free.
:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back