Conundrum of the Legal Variety...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
This is an attempt to enlist the expertise of some of our board's legal-beagles....

Found this in my local paper...

1 "A New York man has confessed to killing and chopping up his roommate -- all because he was too loud, police sources said.

2. Cops raided Sergey Mamontov’s Brooklyn apartment Tuesday after getting a tip that his roommate was missing. They found Mamontov at home with the dismembered remains mixed with bleach in the refrigerator, the sources said.

3. "He said his roommate was noisy, that he brought in friends, including homeless guys, and other inappropriate friends,” a source said. “They kept him up at night."

4. ...said he recently made a chilling statement about his most recent roommate.
"Maybe two weeks ago I saw Sergey and I asked him, 'You have another roommate?’" said Eugene Lisoukova, 66. "He said, 'Yes, but he will go away soon and no one will see him anymore.'"
Man Kills, Dismembers Roommate for Being Too Loud | KSEE 24 News - Central Valley's News Station: Fresno-Visalia - News, Sports, Weather | Local News

Now, any of us who has live with a noisy roommate in college can certainly identify with the situation....

....but more:

5. "Investigators stormed into Sergey Mamontov’s Sheepshead Bay unit on Tuesday to learn a victim’s dismembered physique pressed inside a refrigerator....One source described, “There isn’t even room for an egg in a refrigerator.”
Sergey Mamontov Dismembers Roommate After Sheepshead Bay Party: Police | fridgez.info

One can immediately ascertain what a neat-freak Sergey is! That should be worth something?

For me, this is the telling aspect:
6. "A BROOKLYN carpenter confessed to killing his roommate, chopping up his body and storing parts of him in his refrigerator — all because the victim was too loud, police sources said."
Brooklyn man admits he killed and dismembered

So, since he is a carpenter, one expected to be proficient with a saw.....
... what are the chances he'll just get 'community service'?

This is an attempt to enlist the expertise of some of our board's legal-beagles....

Found this in my local paper...

1 "A New York man has confessed to killing and chopping up his roommate -- all because he was too loud, police sources said.

2. Cops raided Sergey Mamontov’s Brooklyn apartment Tuesday after getting a tip that his roommate was missing. They found Mamontov at home with the dismembered remains mixed with bleach in the refrigerator, the sources said.

3. "He said his roommate was noisy, that he brought in friends, including homeless guys, and other inappropriate friends,” a source said. “They kept him up at night."

4. ...said he recently made a chilling statement about his most recent roommate.
"Maybe two weeks ago I saw Sergey and I asked him, 'You have another roommate?’" said Eugene Lisoukova, 66. "He said, 'Yes, but he will go away soon and no one will see him anymore.'"
Man Kills, Dismembers Roommate for Being Too Loud | KSEE 24 News - Central Valley's News Station: Fresno-Visalia - News, Sports, Weather | Local News

Now, any of us who has live with a noisy roommate in college can certainly identify with the situation....

....but more:

5. "Investigators stormed into Sergey Mamontov’s Sheepshead Bay unit on Tuesday to learn a victim’s dismembered physique pressed inside a refrigerator....One source described, “There isn’t even room for an egg in a refrigerator.”
Sergey Mamontov Dismembers Roommate After Sheepshead Bay Party: Police | fridgez.info

One can immediately ascertain what a neat-freak Sergey is! That should be worth something?

For me, this is the telling aspect:
6. "A BROOKLYN carpenter confessed to killing his roommate, chopping up his body and storing parts of him in his refrigerator — all because the victim was too loud, police sources said."
Brooklyn man admits he killed and dismembered

So, since he is a carpenter, one expected to be proficient with a saw.....
... what are the chances he'll just get 'community service'?

Note this example of the sorry state of journalism today!

"...chopping up his body ..."

Only an amateur would chop...so inelegant.

I have no doubt that Sergey carefully mitred and coped every bone and tendon.....providing the narrowest of kerfs!

Forum List

Back