Controlling The Message Through Distraction

I agree. Obama need to raise taxes, or do major spending cuts in other programs if he wants to increase health care coverage.

he needs to do both if he is serious about health care reform.

ROFLMNAO...

So much of these problems could be solved if Americans simply had SOME general understanding of ARITHMETIC!

Single payer Health Care is not sustainable... PERIOD.

It is a PIPE DREAM that is CRUSHING THE ECONOMIES OF EVERY NATION WHICH IS OR HAS TRIED IT. There is NO Nation which has tried it wherein the quality of healthcare has RISEN... in EVERY CASE the quality of care has fallen and NO WHERE has Single Payer HC resulted in the least of the population receiving treatment equal to the wealthiest...

Medicare is not sustainable... HOW in the HELL do you come to conclude that something EXPONENTIALLY MORE STEEPED IN BUREAUCRACY HAS ANY HOPE OF DOING ANY BETTER?

I hear ya PI. We were in trouble BEFORE obama got elected. But what did obama do about the government NOT having enough money to pay for the entitlements it ALREADY HAS? Of course, SPEND MORE MONEY ON NEW ENTITLEMENTS and GROW THE GOVERNMENT BY 200 NEW AGENCIES! I don't know what part about that JUST WON'T WORK people DON'T UNDERSTAND!

God I wish Ron Paul was our President.

he needs to do both if he is serious about health care reform.

ROFLMNAO...

So much of these problems could be solved if Americans simply had SOME general understanding of ARITHMETIC!

It is a PIPE DREAM that is CRUSHING THE ECONOMIES OF EVERY NATION WHICH IS OR HAS TRIED IT. There is NO Nation which has tried it wherein the quality of healthcare has RISEN... in EVERY CASE the quality of care has fallen and NO WHERE has Single Payer HC resulted in the least of the population receiving treatment equal to the wealthiest...

Medicare is not sustainable... HOW in the HELL do you come to conclude that something EXPONENTIALLY MORE STEEPED IN BUREAUCRACY HAS ANY HOPE OF DOING ANY BETTER?

I hear ya PI. We were in trouble BEFORE obama got elected. But what did obama do about the government NOT having enough money to pay for the entitlements it ALREADY HAS? Of course, SPEND MORE MONEY ON NEW ENTITLEMENTS and GROW THE GOVERNMENT BY 200 NEW AGENCIES! I don't know what part about that JUST WON'T WORK people DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Well, PR, its no secret that I was no fan of RP... but at this point, I'd swap him for The Lord if the Idiots IN A FLASH!

ROFLMNAO...

Well, PR, its no secret that I was no fan of RP... but at this point, I'd swap him for The Lord if the Idiots IN A FLASH!

During the republican debates, I thought RP sounded like he knew more about how to get America back on track, both financially and over seas entanglement wise, and top that off with he wants us to follow the constitution. No he's not the most charismatic man, and he's no greek god to look at, but neither was Ross Pero, and I voted for him too. Anyone that can go from trading saddles to a self made billionaire is no dummy. I'd vote for Steve Forbes too. We need to take the popularity contest out of the Presidential race, and replace it with substance. Then we should make people who want to vote take a test to prove they're smart enough to vote. If you have no idea who the current President and Vice President is, then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Last edited:

During the republican debates, I thought RP sounded like he knew more about how to get America back on track, both financially and over seas entanglement wise, and top that off with he wants us to follow the constitution. No he's not the most charismatic man, and he's no greek god to look at, but neither was Ross Pero, and I voted for him too. Anyone that can go from trading saddles to a self made billionaire is no dummy. I'd vote for Steve Forbes too. We need to take the popularity contest out of the Presidential race, and replace it with substance. Then we should make people who want to vote take a test to prove they're smart enough to vote. If you have no idea who the current President and Vice President is, then you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Yeah, LOL... I agree with RP on MOST things... where I vehemently disagree is on his views regarding the GWOT...

I agreed with Perot and was with him 100% right up to where he bailed on the 'dirty tricks' where he lost me completely.

But I don't agree with Hussein on ANYTHING. And I doubt I'd feel worse if the Left elected Stalin... which frankly, with all things being equal, they didn't miss by much.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Yep--President Obama has decided to release 47 pictures of the "torture" files to the ACLU which will obliterate the media over the next 6 months. Of course, we won't hear what these terrorists did, or their names, & especially what information the CIA got out of them. What we'll get is another round of LOOK AT WHAT THE BUSH ADMINSTRATION DID TO THESE po-po terrorists. It will be Abu Graide all over again, when 6 U.S. soldiers out of a 4 million military force put underware on insurgents heads. The media coverage of that was 24/7 non-stop.

All in an effort to distract the American public so he can get his 3.7 TRILLION dollar budget passed.

DID YOU KNOW: A 20 year old college student looking to enter the work force in 2 years will pay $114,000.00 in INTEREST alone during their working lifetimes. A 40 year old will be paying $138,000.00 in INTEREST alone for the remainder of their working years. This does not include the cost of all these bail-outs, the 787 stimulus bill or the 450 billion dollar Ominus bill.

Even Obama's OWN CBO says his budget is unsustainable. Out of this budget Obama has told them to cut a MEASLY $100 million.

For those of you that don't know--which is most of you liberals--FDR cut 100 million out of his budget back in the 1930's when people only made $7 to $10 per week--Back then it was HUGE. Today it is a drop in the bucket, or less than 1 cent on the $1000.00 bill they just took from you.

SO THIS IS THE DISTRACTION--It's coming--& judging from the American populations ignorance--it will work.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Let's try again without the ad hominems, strawmen and personal attacks. THAT is controlling the message through infraction points.:cool:

Did I miss something? Did someone have a post that was deleted?

There are four pages of it in the Flame Zone that were nothing but insults by one side of the so-called "argument".

You need one called "MOVED Due to hissy fits"

Yep--President Obama has decided to release 47 pictures of the "torture" files to the ACLU which will obliterate the media over the next 6 months. Of course, we won't hear what these terrorists did, or their names, & especially what information the CIA got out of them. What we'll get is another round of LOOK AT WHAT THE BUSH ADMINSTRATION DID TO THESE po-po terrorists. It will be Abu Graide all over again, when 6 U.S. soldiers out of a 4 million military force put underware on insurgents heads. The media coverage of that was 24/7 non-stop.

All in an effort to distract the American public so he can get his 3.7 TRILLION dollar budget passed.

DID YOU KNOW: A 20 year old college student looking to enter the work force in 2 years will pay $114,000.00 in INTEREST alone during their working lifetimes. A 40 year old will be paying $138,000.00 in INTEREST alone for the remainder of their working years. This does not include the cost of all these bail-outs, the 787 stimulus bill or the 450 billion dollar Ominus bill.

Even Obama's OWN CBO says his budget is unsustainable. Out of this budget Obama has told them to cut a MEASLY $100 million.

For those of you that don't know--which is most of you liberals--FDR cut 100 million out of his budget back in the 1930's when people only made $7 to $10 per week--Back then it was HUGE. Today it is a drop in the bucket, or less than 1 cent on the $1000.00 bill they just took from you.

SO THIS IS THE DISTRACTION--It's coming--& judging from the American populations ignorance--it will work.
The torture revelations are in no way connected to Obama's fiscal agenda.
He did not create or fabricate anything about the Bush policies, not did he expose the torture policy of the Bush administration. It was already pretty much all out. After extensive debate within the Obama administration, he decided to put it out, officially, declassified and released by the government.

If the torture issue is a distraction, it is an unwanted distraction. Obama knows it will hamper his domestic agenda, especally if the GOP in Congress gets into lockstep obstructionist mode because of investigations into the Bush administration.
He cannot stop the investigations, but he use them to promote the future of his OWN agenda, and
if the GOP doesn't wan tot help him, he will deliberately turn the GOP into a powerless piece of political trash.
The GOP refusing to help him fix the Bush messes while focusing on getting irrational and obstructionist in their staunch Defense of Torture will do that, very very effectively come 2010.
The GOP will be shooting itself not in the foot, but straight on, muzzle and sight fully inside
the mouth.

The torture revelations are in no way connected to Obama's fiscal agenda.

No one said they were; except where they serve to attract attention FROM HUSSEIN'S IMPLEMENTATION OF HIS FISCAL AGENDA. Surely this simple fact, is not a point of such complexity that it's beyond your intellectual depth...

He did not create or fabricate anything about the Bush policies, not did he expose the torture policy of the Bush administration.

No one said he did... what has been said is that he is attempting to walk the fine line, where he implies criminality where none exists and hopes that walking this line will provide him two moments of relief... The first to, as noted above, distract attention, thus lesson opposition to his leftist economic policy; second to provide him cover, should this idiocy which seeks to criminalize the political policy of the former administration... should it blow up in his face.

My bet is that it will blow up in his face and he will find himself unable to pass anything, as the public settles its outrage at this subversive policy where he failed to defend the national security interests if the US, through having given the benfit of what he claims is an honest doubt to those that would undermine US national security, through the promotion of the interests of the ENEMIES OF THE US IN A TIME OF WAR.

I would point out, that all that is needed to set this action of releasing these photos as treason, is a court wherein the literal reading of the US Constitution, is considered by a Federal court where two witnesses come forward to witness this act AS TREASON and a Court who adheres to that witness... And while those of you who support this treason may find comfort in the absence of such a court at the moment; you are presently wetting your collective pants as YOU SET THE PRECENDET WHICH COULD VERY WELL COME TO JUST SUCH A FINDING IN THE FUTURE... say... 2012 or 13...

After extensive debate within the Obama administration, he decided to put it out, officially, declassified and released by the government.

Great opening line for the Prosecution... Can we quote you?

If the torture issue is a distraction, it is an unwanted distraction.

LOL... Well here's the problem with that... IF the Lord of the Idiots didn't WANT THE DISTRACTION... He could have sent it back to HIS JUSTICE DEPTARTMENT with a note that said "Take this to the SCOTUS..." and PRESTO... it's no longer a distraction and likely would not return to his desk for the remained of his Presidency. So... that one is SCRUBBED...

Forum List

Back