Contributed to Obama in 2008, Voting Against Him in 2012

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Obama's losing me quickly. While I think the right is not giving him enough credit on Bin Laden, his refusal to make significant budget cuts and kissing union ass have gotten way out of control.

I'm not crazy about any of the GOPers, but even a dud like Romney would be better than this.

On budget cuts, first Obama said it wouldn't bring prosperity, then his administration said it was immoral. Yet piling on the deficit didn't bring prosperity either and it's even more immoral.

And this nonsense of telling Boeing they can't hire in right-to-work states is just payback to the unions who are doing all they can to restrain American competitiveness. Not to mention the atrocious re-writing of the Labor Management and Reporting Act.

I favor bringing back Clinton's 39.6 rate on the highest earners, so I'm not with the GOP's light taxation plan. But this is just going overboard with a refusal to cut while kissing union butt.

Welcome.

Some of us tried to warn you that Obama was not the fiscal Conservative and political Moderate he pretended to be when he campaigned across our 57 states in 2008. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

All of FDR Labor laws need to be repealed. All of them.

Last edited:
The problem is seldom deciding who NOT to vote for.

The problem if finding somebody that you WANT to vote for.

Welcome.

Some of us tried to warn you that Obama was not the fiscal Conservative and political Moderate he pretended to be when he campaigned across our 57 states in 2008. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

It is nothing short of amazing to me that otherwise intelligent people were taken in by the media hype. Even someone as sophisticated as Peggy Noonan was rapturous about Obama.
I would hope this would be a lesson for the future but I doubt it.

Welcome.

It is nothing short of amazing to me that otherwise intelligent people were taken in by the media hype. Even someone as sophisticated as Peggy Noonan was rapturous about Obama.

Peggy Noonan's stock went way down.

How could anybody vote for a liar like Obama again? This idiot has done more to ruin America than any person in the history of the country.

Welcome.

Peggy Noonan's stock went way down.

ANyone who could write bilge like this needs to eat it:
Peggy Noonan: Obama Dons the Presidential Cloak
A mysterious thing happened in that speech Tuesday night. By the end of it Barack Obama had become president. Every president has a moment when suddenly he becomes what he meant to be, or knows what he is, and those moments aren’t always public. Bill Safire thought he saw it with Richard Nixon one day in the new president’s private study. Nixon always put a hand towel on the hassock where he put his feet, to protect the fabric, but this time he didn’t use the towel, he just put up his feet. As if it were his hassock. And his house.

So with Mr. Obama, about four-fifths of the way through the speech. He was looking from the prompters to the congressmen and senators, and suddenly he was engaging on what seemed a deeper level. His voice took on inflection. He wasn’t detached, as if he was wondering how he was doing. He seemed equal to the moment and then, in some new way, in command of it. It happened around here:

Obama's losing me quickly. While I think the right is not giving him enough credit on Bin Laden, his refusal to make significant budget cuts and kissing union ass have gotten way out of control.

I'm not crazy about any of the GOPers, but even a dud like Romney would be better than this.

On budget cuts, first Obama said it wouldn't bring prosperity, then his administration said it was immoral. Yet piling on the deficit didn't bring prosperity either and it's even more immoral.

And this nonsense of telling Boeing they can't hire in right-to-work states is just payback to the unions who are doing all they can to restrain American competitiveness. Not to mention the atrocious re-writing of the Labor Management and Reporting Act.

I favor bringing back Clinton's 39.6 rate on the highest earners, so I'm not with the GOP's light taxation plan. But this is just going overboard with a refusal to cut while kissing union butt.

Not giving him 'enough credit on Bin Laden'? What are we supposed to do? Get on our knees and say 'thanks for green lighting the plan'? Cuz that's all he did. Had he gone to Pakistan and shot the man himself, hell even I would have called him a warrior. But all he did was act in accordance with his office - which is what we pay him to do.

And... let's not overlook one small - yet significant point.... Had he needed to stay in Afghanistan, Bin Laden would still be alive... the only reason he's dead is because it was politically expedient for Obama.

How could anybody vote for a liar like Obama again? This idiot has done more to ruin America than any person in the history of the country.

I would argue that conclusion.... and he is, in truth, no more a liar than the rest of 'em. I'd like it Americans would wise up to politicians - on both sides - and see them for what they are... corrupt, self serving, bastards.

I'm with California Girl on giving Obama credit for getting bin Laden. He OKd a plan, it worked, the creep is dead. Don't know anyone regardless of their political leanings who doesn't think that was a good outcome, so what other "credit" is he due?

The problem is seldom deciding who NOT to vote for.

The problem if finding somebody that you WANT to vote for.

And thats basically everyone's problem who has a thinking mind in their head.

They all suck, you just have to find the one that seems to suck the least.....that is SOOOO sad to say and have it be true.

Welcome.

It's way way beyond amazing to me. I know a few independents who fell for the hype as well as some Republicans who crossed over and voted for the empty suit, but none of them are dumbbells whom I could understand swallowing the swill. They're all intelligent, educated, responsible successful folks. Now I can tell some of them are just sort of embarrassed by it and don't bring it up while others opening talk about having screwed up. LOL...and I'm just left wondering how in the hell?

We tried to warn people in 2008 what was coming, noone listened. Now they have to live with the votes they made, and like Berry said "Elections have consequences".

I'm with California Girl on giving Obama credit for getting bin Laden. He OKd a plan, it worked, the creep is dead. Don't know anyone regardless of their political leanings who doesn't think that was a good outcome, so what other "credit" is he due?

To give him credit on bin laden would also be to give give Bush credit also, everyone of the enhanced interrogation techniques that Bush had implemented Obama was against "Or at least pretended to be against". Without those interrogations, the killing of bin laden would never have happened.
And in all honesty, I think we had this information a long time ago and did not act on it until it was politically convenient. Me personally I think we had his whereabouts back when Bush was president, but waited until now to act on it, had to draw the war out even longer to help friends out "Halliburton, Brown and root and the rest of the contractors who are buddies with our current and former prez".

Welcome.

It's way way beyond amazing to me. I know a few independents who fell for the hype as well as some Republicans who crossed over and voted for the empty suit, but none of them are dumbbells whom I could understand swallowing the swill. They're all intelligent, educated, responsible successful folks. Now I can tell some of them are just sort of embarrassed by it and don't bring it up while others opening talk about having screwed up. LOL...and I'm just left wondering how in the hell?

I wasn't fooled into crossing over. As soon as I seen he was buddies with William Ayers and the likes of "Goddamn America" preacher I knew I wasn't voting for him. Birds of a feather flock together. If those other two hate america and he is hanging with them, what does that tell you?

Not giving him 'enough credit on Bin Laden'? What are we supposed to do? Get on our knees and say 'thanks for green lighting the plan'? Cuz that's all he did. Had he gone to Pakistan and shot the man himself, hell even I would have called him a warrior. But all he did was act in accordance with his office - which is what we pay him to do.

And... let's not overlook one small - yet significant point.... Had he needed to stay in Afghanistan, Bin Laden would still be alive... the only reason he's dead is because it was politically expedient for Obama.
Lest we forget, Obama wanted to shut down Gitmo, prosecute terrorists in NYC, release these guys into the United States, etc. It's only been because of the venomous public furor over his adminsitration's positions that has forced Obama to back off from them. Based on his record, therefore, Obama's inclination was probably to capture bin Laden and bring him before trial. Can you imagine the backlash in public opinion over that? It was reported that President Obama took nearly twenty-four hours to make a decision from the time intelligence confirmed bin Laden's presence in the compound and the troops were ready to act. He dithered for a day. What decision could that possibly have been? Hmmm. We'd been hunting for the guy for ten years. The Clinton administration had already failed to act when they had bin Laden in their sights and 9/11 happened not long thereafter. What was there to decide? The plan was already in place. The intel had been confirmed. Why would Obama hesitate to do the one thing that would increase his appeal with a public largely disenchanted with his administration's woefully unpopular policies? Simple. Obama's natural inclination - his preference - was to capture bin Laden and haul him before a court. That, to Obama's mind, would have been justice. Obama further never released a death photo and authorized a hurried Islamic burial for the body. More proof that killing bin Laden was not only antithetical to Obama's sensibilities, but that Obama's primary considerations throughout were not of what was right and best for the nation he was elected to lead, what would truly serve justice to our enemies or heal our wounds, but that our president's sole concern throughout was political expendiency. So when we give Obama only a little credit for giving the green light to our troops to do their job and bring justice to the bad guys, you'll have to forgive us if our praise is less than enthusiastic when it comes to the vacuum of leadership sitting in our Oval Office.

I wasn't fooled into crossing over. As soon as I seen he was buddies with William Ayers and the likes of "Goddamn America" preacher I knew I wasn't voting for him. Birds of a feather flock together. If those other two hate america and he is hanging with them, what does that tell you?

I wasn't too keen on his associates either but the kicker for me was his spreading the wealth comments to Joe the Plumber.

Nope, No way. NO How was I voting for that dude.

Forum List

Back