Contrary To PE's Claims, Seems The French Problem Is Broad

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://badhairblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/vanished-french-riot-story-and.html

You have to see the map, from the Economist towards the bottom of the post.

...Now ponder that map, and ask yourselves what kind of European (and American) media noise would we be hearing if we've had fifteen continous day of rioting and arson not only in every major city in the country, but coast-to-coast? Would the press be clamoring 24/7 for the Président de la République's head on a platter, or at least for his ousting? Can you think of one, just one, of the 3 networks and cable TV stations that wouldn't be on this all the time?

Or would they be ignoring the story in favor of memorials to dead terrorists?

Kathianne said:
http://badhairblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/vanished-french-riot-story-and.html

You have to see the map, from the Economist towards the bottom of the post.

perfect exemple of manipulation of the information.

fifteen continous day of rioting and arson not only in every major city in the country, but coast-to-coast

What ??

This map shows ALL the Cities where some troubles were in, during the 15 days. But not in all of these cities the troubles were WHILE 15 DAYS...

Ex : Marseille : 1 night, not 15. And really few.

The majority of the Cities shoed here knew only 1 or 2 nights of troubles, and with a small scale.

But sure, when you show it saying "troubles in France during 15 days in these cities", it's more dramatic and tragic.

What is this stupid blog ?
And about the 2 points in Paris : Arc de Triomphe and Boulevard de la République : they're showed than the point in Clichy Sous Bois.

But in Clichy sous Bois several dozen of cars burned, in PAris intra muros, in the City of Paris, not at all so lot...only a few.

This map shows a very little trouble - the troubles in PARIS - the city - and the major troubles - in the suburbs - with the same level.

i can understand people believe it's the war and hell in Paris, and France, with such things...

But know that the city of Paris was not less safer than any US cities during the troubles, and probably safer.

So don"'t believe with such bullshit - the map - that France is in Chaos.

Manipualtion of the people by the media.

I was expecting better from you, Kathianne.

padisha emperor said:
perfect exemple of manipulation of the information.

What ??

This map shows ALL the Cities where some troubles were in, during the 15 days. But not in all of these cities the troubles were WHILE 15 DAYS...

Ex : Marseille : 1 night, not 15. And really few.

The majority of the Cities shoed here knew only 1 or 2 nights of troubles, and with a small scale.

But sure, when you show it saying "troubles in France during 15 days in these cities", it's more dramatic and tragic.

What is this stupid blog ?
And about the 2 points in Paris : Arc de Triomphe and Boulevard de la République : they're showed than the point in Clichy Sous Bois.

But in Clichy sous Bois several dozen of cars burned, in PAris intra muros, in the City of Paris, not at all so lot...only a few.

This map shows a very little trouble - the troubles in PARIS - the city - and the major troubles - in the suburbs - with the same level.

i can understand people believe it's the war and hell in Paris, and France, with such things...

But know that the city of Paris was not less safer than any US cities during the troubles, and probably safer.

So don"'t believe with such bullshit - the map - that France is in Chaos.

Manipualtion of the people by the media.

I was expecting better from you, Kathianne.

PE, that's just not what we have seen or read. On the contrary, even European papers are saying it's much more problematic than you have been saying. If the alternative media has overplayed it, which I'm not convinced of, you are underplaying it. Only the MSM continues to ignor it.

Kathianne said:
PE, that's just not what we have seen or read. On the contrary, even European papers are saying it's much more problematic than you have been saying. If the alternative media has overplayed it, which I'm not convinced of, you are underplaying it. Only the MSM continues to ignor it.

Yes Kathianne, I'm expecting better from you too. :funnyface

LIke I said many time, the CBC is saying the same stuff Kathianne is posting, more or less. The CBC is known for either down playing or PCing everything for fear of backlash.

I also saw some statisics somewhere showing the crime rate per total population between France and USA and I wouldn't say they were drastically different. In fact, I think muggings and car related crimes were actually higher in France. Interesting huh?

Said1 said:
Yes Kathianne, I'm expecting better from you too. :funnyface

LIke I said many time, the CBC is saying the same stuff Kathianne is posting, more or less. The CBC is known for either down playing or PCing everything for fear of backlash.

I also saw some statisics somewhere showing the crime rate per total population between France and USA and I wouldn't say they were drastically different. In fact, I think muggings and car related crimes were actually higher in France. Interesting huh?

Thanks my dear! :thanks: Crime stats in the US are approaching a 40 year low, I wonder how France's really are comparing?

Kathianne said:
Thanks my dear! :thanks: Crime stats in the US are approaching a 40 year low, I wonder how France's really are comparing?

Murders = 0.02 per 1000/total population which is 60,656,178. USA, 0.04 per 1000/total population and you know what the pop is.

Maps&Graphs

Links at site, BBC a truly 'American phobic' rag.

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005775.php

November 12, 2005
French Riots Gain Steam Again Over The Weekend

Although no one would know this by reading American newspapers, which now follow the French lead and refuse to report on the ongoing uprising, but the riots in France once again started to rise in intensity, even by the odd metric given by police. The BBC reports that over 500 cars got torched last night despite a heavier police presence that resulted from intelligence that points to a massive demonstration sometime this weekend:

A ban on all public meetings likely to provoke disturbances has come into effect in the French capital. The move - imposed under new emergency measures - started at 0900 GMT and will remain in force until Sunday morning. ...

Rioting that erupted two weeks ago is now less intense across France, but unrest continued on Friday night, as more than 500 cars were set on fire.

Two police officers were wounded and 206 people were detained across the country. This was an increase on the previous night, when 395 vehicles were torched and 168 people were arrested.

The arrests have not stamped out the nightly riots, and neither has a heavy police presence, although the latter seems to displace the violence to other, less-patrolled areas. The French now have suspended speech and assembly rights in its capital to avoid further protest, but have shown little ability over the past two weeks to enforce it. After all, they have hardly been able to enforce the existing laws against arson.

An early and forceful response to this unrest would have stopped it in its tracks. Now, however, the French have once again exposed themselves as ineffectual and uncommitted to their own defense. Their media now refuses to inform their customers of the continuing failure of their government in order to keep the vacillators from getting kicked out of office.

The peak of the rioting passed as the wannabes and the bandwagoners have gone back to their own lives. The core of this uprising has not left at all, and in fact appear to be once again gaining momentum despite more police in the streets. These riots have organization, resilience, and structure -- and where those elements exist, so does strategic thinking. The media may chalk this up to youthful frustration over unemployment and discrimination, but that fails as an explanation more with each passing day.

When do the American media plan on reporting this again? Sometime after the Champs-Elysees burns?
Posted by Captain Ed at November 12, 2005 09:37 AM

Another from:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005772.php

Links to the Guardian, which is to the left of BBC:
November 11, 2005
French Media: We'd Rather Publish The Lies

Yesterday's Guardian (UK) published an interview with Jean-Claude Dassier, a TV news executive who admits that the French media has colluded in presenting a skewed version of the suburban uprisings that continue even tonight. Dassier told an Amsterdam conference of news broadcasters that he would rather lie about the riots than allow the truth to promote a right-wing agenda:

Jean-Claude Dassier, the director general of the rolling news service LCI, said the prominence given to the rioters on international news networks had been "excessive" and could even be fanning the flames of the violence.

Mr Dassier said his own channel, which is owned by the private broadcaster TF1, recently decided not to show footage of burning cars.

"Politics in France is heading to the right and I don't want rightwing politicians back in second, or even first place because we showed burning cars on television," Mr Dassier told an audience of broadcasters at the News Xchange conference in Amsterdam today.

It's good of Dassier to admit the obvious. The American media should take their cue from Dassier, as they have clearly done with his idea of news coverage, and also admit that they want to avoid reporting the story properly in order to keep their consumers from understanding the truth of what's happening in France.
Posted by Captain Ed at November 11, 2005 10:51 PM

Wait a minute ladies :

For some events, you said to me that the medias were biased. Like for the Iraq war. or some other events about USA.
You said that the europeans medias were not saying the truth. or at least that we've got an unexactly conception of the situation.

That's the case here.
Because when i hear or see some foreigner medias saying that it's the civil war in FRance, and that the country is became very dangerous....well, i d'ont think so, you know.
i'm not blind, the french medias are not blind, they spoke of these events the first day, and it was at the head of all the newspappers and the TV news. The foreigner medias spoke of it maybe 4 otr 5 days after.
The french media never under-estimate the events. But also not over-estimate. (Russia spoke of islamism terrorism, a little bit like you on this board, USA spoke of civil war...)
What can you think when you see on your TV news a picture of the Eiffel Tower with flames around it ? That was the case in some countries.
Then, people think it's the war or not far in France. This is trully not.

And some youthes said it was like a competition : they saw that the suburb near them did that, so they decided to do this, and then, the other decided to do that......etc...

And the situation is going to be better. Not good, but better than some days ago.

So, I only say : don't tyrust all the things you can read in the press or watch on TV. Often, it's over-estimated. Like the map you post here, Kathianne.
As i said, it's showed ALL the cities with troubles, from the first day to yesterday, and said that in al of these cities they were troubles since 15 days. NO. IN the majority of these cities, troubles were only during one night.
It's only in some cities that troubles were for several days, like Clichy Sous Bois.
In Paris : nothing or not far.

That's all. ;)

padisha emperor said:

Wait a minute ladies :

For some events, you said to me that the medias were biased. Like for the Iraq war. or some other events about USA.
You said that the europeans medias were not saying the truth. or at least that we've got an unexactly conception of the situation.

That's the case here.
Because when i hear or see some foreigner medias saying that it's the civil war in FRance, and that the country is became very dangerous....well, i d'ont think so, you know.
i'm not blind, the french medias are not blind, they spoke of these events the first day, and it was at the head of all the newspappers and the TV news. The foreigner medias spoke of it maybe 4 otr 5 days after.
The french media never under-estimate the events. But also not over-estimate. (Russia spoke of islamism terrorism, a little bit like you on this board, USA spoke of civil war...)
What can you think when you see on your TV news a picture of the Eiffel Tower with flames around it ? That was the case in some countries.

And some youthes said it was like a competition : they saw that the suburb near them did that, so they decided to do this, and then, the other decided to do that......etc...

And the situation is going to be better. Not good, but better than some days ago.

So, I only say : don't tyrust all the things you can read in the press or watch on TV. Often, it's over-estimated. Like the map you post here, Kathianne.
As i said, it's showed ALL the cities with troubles, from the first day to yesterday, and said that in al of these cities they were troubles since 15 days. NO. IN the majority of these cities, troubles were only during one night.
It's only in some cities that troubles were for several days, like Clichy Sous Bois.

That's all. ;)

So all are happy and fat in France, that is your take. No crime, at least way less than in satanville, USA, right?

padisha emperor said:

Wait a minute ladies :

That's the case here.

That's all. ;)

I think I agured about you saying it was mostly Catholics. Either way, 2 + weeks of spreading violence is still 2+ weeks of spreading violence. Does the extent of what happened where and for how long in each place really matter so much that are willing to overlook the seriousness of the issue and what it says about your country? PEOPLE ARE RIOTING, PEOPLE WERE KILLED, INJURED!!! I live thousands of miles away, in Canada and that sure as shit scares the HELL out of me. Yet you want to argue about geography, semantics, crime rates in America and media bias???? Get your head out of your arse man, they're coming for ye!

Did I say that ?
never.

I only said that you seem to see France 's situation not far from the civil war.
people are not affrais to walk down the streets in the cities. There is not a paranoia and a fear of the youthes or a fear of the muslims.

If yo want to believe that tomorrow the Eiffel Tower wil burn, as you wish. But it won't.

Said1 said:
I think I agured about you saying it was mostly Catholics. Either way, 2 + weeks of spreading violence is still 2+ weeks of spreading violence. Does the extent of what happened happend where and for how long in each place really matter so much that are willing to overlook the seriousness of the issue and what it says about your country? PEOPLE ARE RIOTING, PEOPLE WERE KILLED, INJURED!!! I live thousands of miles away, in Canada and that sure as shit scares the HELL out of me. Yet you want to argue about geography, semantics, crime rates in America and media bias???? Get your head out of your arse man, they're coming for ye!

I would say you have a point there Said1.

padisha emperor said:

Did I say that ?
never.

I only said that you seem to see France 's situation not far from the civil war.
people are not affrais to walk down the streets in the cities. There is not a paranoia and a fear of the youthes or a fear of the muslims.

If yo want to believe that tomorrow the Eiffel Tower wil burn, as you wish. But it won't.

Yeah, let them eat cake, oui?

Anyway, when citizens in your own country are buring cars, old ladys and destroying things in protest of the treatment they are recieving at the hands of your government, I'd assume there's a problem. Do I think le tow-er will burn, mon dix non. HOWEVER I'd say something is seriously WRONG, and I'd be concerned about my safty if I lived near the rioting. I guess it's safe to assume you are so far removed from les troubles, that doesnt really affect you, so enjoy your bagette.

Said1 said:
I think I agured about you saying it was mostly Catholics. Either way, 2 + weeks of spreading violence is still 2+ weeks of spreading violence. Does the extent of what happened where and for how long in each place really matter so much that are willing to overlook the seriousness of the issue and what it says about your country? PEOPLE ARE RIOTING, PEOPLE WERE KILLED, INJURED!!! I live thousands of miles away, in Canada and that sure as shit scares the HELL out of me. Yet you want to argue about geography, semantics, crime rates in America and media bias???? Get your head out of your arse man, they're coming for ye!

You don't understand why I'm speaking of "semantic, geography" ?

OK.

Imagine : riots in Toronto. During 2 days. And during 15 days in the suburbs of Montréal, hard riots.. And only 1 car in flamme in the city of Montréal.
4 days of riots in Ottawa, Charlottetown and Regina.
1 day in Trois-Rivières and in Whitehorse (and really little troubles)
4 days in Yellowknife, and 1 night in Winnipeg. Hard night, hard riot.
Vancouver : 2 days of rioting. Saint John's : 3 days. Littles troubles in the 2 cities.
All these riots in the same 15 days, the 15 days of the Montréal's suburbs.

The, a french media will say : "tragic riots in Canada, from the Pacific to the Atlantic, in all the States of the country. During 15 days, the whole coutry was in flammes, from coast to coast, all the main cities were touhced, plus some small localities.
15 days of hell, of riots, of violence. Police injured. The civil war begins in Canada".

You'ld say : "no, 15 days only in the suburbs of Montréal. And now it's getting better. in the other cities it was only during 2 or 3 days. And often small troubles. Not at all the civil war."

here, the "french media" is you. And a lot of foreign medias.

You don't understand ?

For me, there is a difference between "troubles during 15 days in all the country, civil war is near", and "troubles in some cities, in a period of 15 days, but in each city only during 3-4 days, for the most part, and cars are burning".

padisha emperor said:

OK.

Imagine : riots in Toronto. During 2 days. And during 15 days in the suburbs of Montréal, hard riots.. And only 1 car in flamme in the city of Montréal.
Vancouver : 2 days of rioting. Saint John's : 3 days. Littles troubles in the 2 cities.

The, a french media will say : "tragic riots in Canada, from the Pacific to the Atlantic, in all the States of the country. During 15 days, the whole coutry was in flammes, from coast to coast, all the main cities were touhced, plus some small localities.
15 days of hell, of riots, of violence. Police injured. The civil war begins in Canada".

You'ld say : "no, 15 days only in the suburbs of Montréal. And now it's getting better. in the other cities it was only during 2 or 3 days. And often small troubles. Not at all the civil war."

You don't understand ?

For me, there is a difference between "troubles during 15 days in all the country, civil war is near", and "troubles in some cities, in a period of 15 days, but in each city only during 3-4 days, for the most part, and cars are burning".

Excuse me, your country is burning...

Said1 said:
Yeah, let them eat cake, oui?

Anyway, when citizens in your own country are buring cars, old ladys and destroying things in protest of the treatment they are recieving at the hands of your government, I'd assume there's a problem. Do I think le tow-er will burn, mon dix non. HOWEVER I'd say something is seriously WRONG, and I'd be concerned about my safty if I lived near the rioting. I guess it's safe to assume you are so far removed from les troubles, that doesnt really affect you, so enjoy your bagette.

"Dieu", "baguette".

i live not near the rioting, but lots of my family's members live near Paris.

I'd be concerned about my safty if I lived near the rioting.
as you want.

Amazing, the most part of the people living near don't feel so unsecure than you. And they live these troubles.

And i like your "burning old ladys"....ONE. And because these little stupid bastards burned the vehicle were the old lady was. They didn't decided : "hey folks, come on, we've an old lady to burn".
You make with ONE case a generality.

Fortunatly the old lady survived.

padisha emperor said:

OK.

You don't understand ?

Regard, mon petit chum, I'd be annoyed at the inaccuracy, but the point remains, there are serious problems in your country that go beyond the medias ability to read an atlas. C'est correct?

Kathianne said:
Excuse me, your country is burning...

No, i did'nt know that troubles were in France....

The country is not burning. But you're blind and believe that flames are touhcing all the buildings of France.

It was a comparison to show to said1 that I was not playing on the words, only to show you the situation in reality.

padisha emperor said:
No, i did'nt know that troubles were in France....

The country is not burning. But you're blind and believe that flames are touhcing all the buildings of France.

It was a comparison to show to said1 that I was not playing on the words, only to show you the situation in reality.

Nope, your argument seemed to be that many of the conflagalations were 'dispersed' for a night or two, different locales. Still, it's all over. When did Chirac become concerned? When the insurgents had the audacity to actually attack Paris. Now you say, 'but Paris is not burning...' I reply, 'for now.'

Forum List

Back