Contrary To PE's Claims, Seems The French Problem Is Broad

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Annie, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://badhairblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/vanished-french-riot-story-and.html

You have to see the map, from the Economist towards the bottom of the post.

2. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53

perfect exemple of manipulation of the information.

What ??

This map shows ALL the Cities where some troubles were in, during the 15 days. But not in all of these cities the troubles were WHILE 15 DAYS...

Ex : Marseille : 1 night, not 15. And really few.

The majority of the Cities shoed here knew only 1 or 2 nights of troubles, and with a small scale.

But sure, when you show it saying "troubles in France during 15 days in these cities", it's more dramatic and tragic.

What is this stupid blog ?
    And about the 2 points in Paris : Arc de Triomphe and Boulevard de la République : they're showed than the point in Clichy Sous Bois.

But in Clichy sous Bois several dozen of cars burned, in PAris intra muros, in the City of Paris, not at all so lot...only a few.

This map shows a very little trouble - the troubles in PARIS - the city - and the major troubles - in the suburbs - with the same level.

i can understand people believe it's the war and hell in Paris, and France, with such things...

But know that the city of Paris was not less safer than any US cities during the troubles, and probably safer.

So don"'t believe with such bullshit - the map - that France is in Chaos.

Manipualtion of the people by the media.

I was expecting better from you, Kathianne.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

PE, that's just not what we have seen or read. On the contrary, even European papers are saying it's much more problematic than you have been saying. If the alternative media has overplayed it, which I'm not convinced of, you are underplaying it. Only the MSM continues to ignor it.

4. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

Yes Kathianne, I'm expecting better from you too. :funnyface

LIke I said many time, the CBC is saying the same stuff Kathianne is posting, more or less. The CBC is known for either down playing or PCing everything for fear of backlash.

I also saw some statisics somewhere showing the crime rate per total population between France and USA and I wouldn't say they were drastically different. In fact, I think muggings and car related crimes were actually higher in France. Interesting huh?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thanks my dear! :thanks: Crime stats in the US are approaching a 40 year low, I wonder how France's really are comparing?

6. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

Murders = 0.02 per 1000/total population which is 60,656,178. USA, 0.04 per 1000/total population and you know what the pop is.

Maps&Graphs

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Links at site, BBC a truly 'American phobic' rag.

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005775.php

Another from:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005772.php

Links to the Guardian, which is to the left of BBC:

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
  9. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53

Wait a minute ladies :

For some events, you said to me that the medias were biased. Like for the Iraq war. or some other events about USA.
    You said that the europeans medias were not saying the truth. or at least that we've got an unexactly conception of the situation.

That's the case here.
    Because when i hear or see some foreigner medias saying that it's the civil war in FRance, and that the country is became very dangerous....well, i d'ont think so, you know.
    i'm not blind, the french medias are not blind, they spoke of these events the first day, and it was at the head of all the newspappers and the TV news. The foreigner medias spoke of it maybe 4 otr 5 days after.
    The french media never under-estimate the events. But also not over-estimate. (Russia spoke of islamism terrorism, a little bit like you on this board, USA spoke of civil war...)
    What can you think when you see on your TV news a picture of the Eiffel Tower with flames around it ? That was the case in some countries.
    Then, people think it's the war or not far in France. This is trully not.

And some youthes said it was like a competition : they saw that the suburb near them did that, so they decided to do this, and then, the other decided to do that......etc...

And the situation is going to be better. Not good, but better than some days ago.

So, I only say : don't tyrust all the things you can read in the press or watch on TV. Often, it's over-estimated. Like the map you post here, Kathianne.
    As i said, it's showed ALL the cities with troubles, from the first day to yesterday, and said that in al of these cities they were troubles since 15 days. NO. IN the majority of these cities, troubles were only during one night.
    It's only in some cities that troubles were for several days, like Clichy Sous Bois.
    In Paris : nothing or not far.

That's all. ;)

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

So all are happy and fat in France, that is your take. No crime, at least way less than in satanville, USA, right?