Continue at your own risk.....

I voted for Barack Obama because I was tired of the Bush/Cheney reign of terror and the spend happy Republicans. I also voted for Barack Obama because I wanted to believe that he was different. He said he wanted to change politics in Washington. I wanted him to change politics in Washington. This was my first ever vote for a Democrat. I refuse to say that it will be my last. As an Independent, I vote regardless of party. However, after the shady backroom deals Obama and the Democrats cut in order to buy votes for what is now a useless piece of healthcare legislation, Obama no longer has my support.

So many give this response. What made you think Obama would do anything different then EXACTLY what he has done? I am asking what past accomplishments or history of Obama's made you think he was any thing different then a far left liberal?

I believed he was an idealogue. I really didn't care about his past accomplishments. In MY mind, he had been part of the Illinois legislature just long enough to learn the ropes, but not so long that he had already been sucked in by special interests. Additionally, he was saying things that I (and many like me) wanted to hear. We did not hear these things from John McCain. Most, if not all Americans want our government to actually work for us. For far too long, it has not and I for one, believed some new blood could actually go in there and do what he said he would do. I was hopeful at best, naive at worst. I still believe it is better to vote FOR someone rather than AGAINST someone else. That is what I chose to do. I got burned. My bad.

I find it funny how many hard core Democrats on this board refuse to see what is blatantly obvious by the Scott Brown victory in MA. While I agreed a few months ago that the Republican victory for governor in VA was mainly due to the piss poor candidate and campaign of the Democrat Creigh Deeds, THIS win for the Republicans of a seat that has belonged to Ted Kennedy for 30 years is simply too huge to ignore. The Independents have spoken, at least in MA.
I voted for Barack Obama because I was tired of the Bush/Cheney reign of terror and the spend happy Republicans. I also voted for Barack Obama because I wanted to believe that he was different. He said wanted to change politics in Washington. I wanted him to change politics in Washington. This was my first ever vote for a Democrat. I refuse to say that it will be my last. As an Independent, I vote regardless of party. However, after the shady backroom deals Obama and the Democrats cut in order to buy votes for what is now a useless piece of healthcare legislation, Obama no longer has my support.
Keep in mind that the GOP does not have it either, but thanks to the deals Obama cut behind closed doors with the unions and with certain states in order to buy votes, all options are back on the table for me moving forward. I am an Independent. The Republicans took me for granted in 2008. The Democrats are taking me for granted as I type. Continue at your own risk...
Welcome to the light.

Now we need to convince more people to leave parties and start thinking for themselves.

Amen to that!

Ditto to that.

I'm an Indi and have been for quite some time. I didn't and don't trust OL'BO which is why I didn't vote for him. Didn't like McCaiin either but figured he was the lesser of two evils.

Haven't voted for the party in quite some time. Works for me. Indi is the way to go.

I find it funny how many hard core Democrats on this board refuse to see what is blatantly obvious by the Scott Brown victory in MA. While I agreed a few months ago that the Republican victory for governor in VA was mainly due to the piss poor candidate and campaign of the Democrat Creigh Deeds, THIS win for the Republicans of a seat that has belonged to Ted Kennedy for 30 years is simply too huge to ignore. The Independents have spoken, at least in MA.
I voted for Barack Obama because I was tired of the Bush/Cheney reign of terror and the spend happy Republicans. I also voted for Barack Obama because I wanted to believe that he was different. He said he wanted to change politics in Washington. I wanted him to change politics in Washington. This was my first ever vote for a Democrat. I refuse to say that it will be my last. As an Independent, I vote regardless of party. However, after the shady backroom deals Obama and the Democrats cut in order to buy votes for what is now a useless piece of healthcare legislation, Obama no longer has my support.
Keep in mind that the GOP does not have it either, but thanks to the deals Obama cut behind closed doors with the unions and with certain states in order to buy votes, all options are back on the table for me moving forward. I am an Independent. The Republicans took me for granted in 2008. The Democrats are taking me for granted as I type. Continue at your own risk...

I'm a registered Republican in a closed primary state. But... that doesn't mean they can always count on my vote and allegiance. Frankly, these parties have proved themselves to be more interested in party agenda than they are in good governance. They're more interested in cementing their own power than in serving the public.

Once you fully understand that so many of them are USING us toward their own ends, pitting us against one another in order to harness support and cash for themselves... it's impossible to be a blind partisan.

THEY are the ones who incite division. The emotional quality of an "us vs. them"
struggle is powerful stuff. It brings them money. It brings them power. It serves to deflect from their mistakes and even their crimes. They are the ones who GAIN from upheaval and tumult.

Having been, until recently, a California resident, I was in much the same position. A registered Republican for the sake of primaries. Since I was 18 I was registered as such. I never let it dictate my vote. I have voted up and down the political spectrum. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Greens, Independents, whatever. Always I have voted my conscience.

I agree with eveything stated by you and VA. It's as though you've read my mind.

I think many of the Conservatives here post in hopes of helping folks discover a different way to look at things political. I hope D.C. will start to change with the Brown victory. Massachusetts didn't slide into the ocean the day after the election and the sun came up in the east. Let's see some bipartisan support for creating jobs and see where that leads.

I think many of the Conservatives here post in hopes of helping folks discover a different way to look at things political. I hope D.C. will start to change with the Brown victory. Massachusetts didn't slide into the ocean the day after the election and the sun came up in the east. Let's see some bipartisan support for creating jobs and see where that leads.

Are these conservatives any different than the liberals who do the same?

Having been, until recently, a California resident, I was in much the same position. A registered Republican for the sake of primaries. Since I was 18 I was registered as such. I never let it dictate my vote. I have voted up and down the political spectrum. Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Greens, Independents, whatever. Always I have voted my conscience.

I agree with eveything stated by you and VA. It's as though you've read my mind.

Up until now, I've been a consistent vote for my Democrat Senator. No more.

The trouble was, like many Americans, I wasn't paying attention. It wasn't until about 3 or 4 years ago that I tuned in politically. And when I did... I was appalled. These people don't care what we think and they don't recognize any limits to their power. :eek:

Now, I'm not saying I won't vote the best of two bad choices if it comes to it. But I'm NOT going to get excited by a candidate that doesn't have the U.S. Constitution on his/her lips as well as a clear understanding of what it means, exemplified by ACTION. So, if they want that kind of momentum, that kind of continued support, populist appeals aren't going to work on people like me.

And the weird news for them, is that the more people tune in, the more voter apathy declines... the more people who expect the integrity and respect for the law from Congress.

Other than a few core issues is there much difference between cons and liberals now?
They both love to spend more money than we have.

Homework? the dog eat it.

Not sure what you are talking about.

The research I recommended you do before you apologized to CrusaderFrank for incorrectly calling him a liar?

So those were members of the communist party?

No homework required.

I did not see any proof of that. Something about one of them belonging to a supposedly Marxist group. However Marxism is not communism.

I don't who you are, now that's funny.

I don't who you are, now that's funny.

Hacks need not apply.

Up until now, I've been a consistent vote for my Democrat Senator. No more.

The trouble was, like many Americans, I wasn't paying attention. It wasn't until about 3 or 4 years ago that I tuned in politically. And when I did... I was appalled. These people don't care what we think and they don't recognize any limits to their power. :eek:

Now, I'm not saying I won't vote the best of two bad choices if it comes to it. But I'm NOT going to get excited by a candidate that doesn't have the U.S. Constitution on his/her lips as well as a clear understanding of what it means, exemplified by ACTION. So, if they want that kind of momentum, that kind of continued support, populist appeals aren't going to work on people like me.

And the weird news for them, is that the more people tune in, the more voter apathy declines... the more people who expect the integrity and respect for the law from Congress.

You put my views/thoughts into words as well. Good job, Murf!

New Topics

Forum List

Back