Context Matters

What kinds of examples do you have where one side of the political aisle seems to willfully misunderstand another?

Limbaugh's "I hope Obama fails" is one of them. That's taken as Limbaugh saying he hopes America fails, when it was never anything other than Limbaugh's statement that the thinks that Obama's policies would be wrong for America so he hopes Obama can't do what Limbaugh thinks would be hurtful.

Here's another one which I learned from the NPR site. So yea NPR. I'm not always saying "Yea NPR" but this was a good example.

Obama Chooses Republicans' Words Carefully To Say They're Playing Politics : The Two-Way : NPR

So that's another example where people are thinking about what is best for America and honestly believe that Obama's plans don't address it ... but the words were spun to say that they were putting politics ahead of accomplishing good things.

What other examples have you seen? Either direction ....

I disagree with your assessment of both of those quotes. Limbaugh saying he hopes Obama fails does equate to wanting the country to fail. maybe that's not what he meant, but it comes across that way. If Obama fails, then the country fails. Period.

Only if you're enough of a blind, partisan, worshipful freak to think that Obama = America. He doesn't. And given the kind of insane, harmful shit he wants to do, Obama failing in his plans for this country = America wins. Period.

Then there's the anonymous quote. Taking the whole quote in context doesn't help. Either way, the aid is saying that the GOP is not willing to help the Dems pass the bill. If they want to debate it, fine, but hat's not what the aid said.

I realize that you're none too literate, but people who understand English know that there's a whopping big difference between "This bill sucks, so why would we pass it?" and "Obama's bill is so magically wonderful, we MUST refuse to pass it so others won't realize he's the best President EVER!"

If you can't see the difference, I suggest you get Obama to put a peephole in his belly button so that colon-sniffers like you can get a better view.

It's not too hard to figure out the GOP's strategy. All one has to do is go back and read the quote from Mitch MConnell - "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

End of story.

It's NOT too hard to figure out the GOP strategy; it appears to be the motivation that has your peabrain stumped. Obama sucks, and you're goddamned right that the GOP - and anyone else who cares more about the nation than they do about their "hero" - wants him to have as little time as possible to destroy it.

Because I don't buy the right's version of the meaning of those quotes, I'm illiterate? We could have had a civil conversation, but, just like that other ass-hat who attacked me for no apparent reason, your first reaction is to insult me just because I have different views than you. You just lost what little credibility you had. Now you can go fuck yourself. I have no interest in whatever your dumb ass has to offer.

Boehner just said the other day that taxes are a non-starter when it comes to the upcoming debt-reduction panel. That's compromise? Keep deluding yourself.

And what's compromise to you? Doing whatever Obama and the left want? Because for MOST people, compromise involves BOTH sides getting to specify something they want out of it.

Keep deluding yourself that life is about you getting everything you want, despite the evidence.

You really are a delusional twit if you think that the GOP has shown any semblance of compromise.

I gave the context! It was PURE SPITE!!! America had just elected Obama and the voice of the GOP wanted ALL working Americans to SUFFER for it. He even said it was "euphoric" for him to watch as suffering Americans learn a painful lesson for their vote. The whole rant was nothing but condescension and spite.

The GOP made your MessiahRushie an honorary congressman so that makes him more than just some opinionated blowhard. The GOP meets with him and he has admitted that they ask him to do their dirty work for them so the GOP can pretend to be taking the high road.

And you CON$ habitually take any kook from around the world and brand all Libs with it. CON$ on this messageboard only started denying that they parrot your MessiahRushie after I came here and made you DittoTards eat his words. The OP brought up Stuttering LimpTard so that makes him fair game for this entire thread.
Yup, you single handedly stopped all the right from quoting Rush. So believable....

I am also sure that the GOP gets all their marching orders from him and he leads the party. Also really believable...

Those so called cons still do not take any of those idiots on the radio and brand you with them so stop trying to equate it with anything else. Also, it is the left wingers here that are habitually guilty of such an act. Think tea party. They must ALL be racists because ridiot pulled up a picture or two that PROVES it. Hmmm, seems you are reflecting. Reflecting hard....

By the way, the OP is a diehard leftist, you're not helping your point.

Also, you said that you provided the context. Here is what you provided in your post:

Those were the quotes as stated. Looks like context is the one thing that you are missing. The vitriolic spitting was there before you quoted but... a noticeable lack of context was defiantly there. I do like how you are taking the quotes from 2 different broadcasts and using them together. At least you had the decency to date them.
The context is missing because you edited my post. I pointed out that your MessiahRushie hoping Americans would suffer the loss of their jobs for not voting GOP was the "ranting of a spiteful loser who wants everyone to suffer until he gets his way." There! Take that!

And the second quote gives your MessiahRushie's own definition of who he means when he talks about "Joe the plumbers" becoming unemployed in 6 months.

Also, name one of those Lib hosts who the Dems made an honorary Congressman!!!

Here's my unedited post:

Actually, your MessiahRushie has said exactly how he hopes Obama's failure will effect the American people. No rational person would say that hoping all hard working American Joes suffering the loss of their jobs is something good for America. It is the ranting of a spiteful loser who wants everyone to suffer until he gets his way.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

Well, here is the problem then, you do not understand what context means. YOUR words prefacing the quote is not context. Context is the quote taken in its entirety, NOT one line or sentence.

You fail.

Actually, your MessiahRushie has said exactly how he hopes Obama's failure will effect the American people. No rational person would say that hoping all hard working American Joes suffering the loss of their jobs is something good for America. It is the ranting of a spiteful loser who wants everyone to suffer until he gets his way.

November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008

In the November quote at least, Rush was actually saying that when Obama succeeded, people would be out of their jobs. Not when he failed. When Obama did what he promised he would do. Obama declared that he was going to bankrupt the coal industry. And people in coal country voted for Obama anyway.

Rush was saying they made their bed and now they have to lie in it. They voted for someone who promised to take away their jobs, and so they would deserve it when he took their jobs. They voted for someone who promised to take away whatever wealth they managed to accrue and give it to someone who hadn't worked for it, and so they deserved to have their money taken away from them. Because that is what would happen if Obama SUCCEEDED. Not if he failed. If Obama kept his word, all those people in coal country would be out of jobs. The coal miners would be out of jobs. The people who sold groceries to the coal miners would lose their jobs when the coal miners didn't have any more income. The people at the home depots where the coal miners used to shop would be out of jobs, etc. Obama promised them he would ruin the economy in their part of the country and they voted for him anyway. That is stupid and Rush called it the way it was.

Here is some of the lead-in to the quote and a link to the transcript:

Rush Limbaugh, November 5, 2008, Parsing The Messiah's Speech:

And I maintain to you that the vast majority of people that voted for Obama aren't even thinking about this the way I'm thinking about it. They're not even contemplating it. There was no substance to the people electing him, most of them who did. He was a symbol, represented all kinds of stuff. That's why I'm nitpicking this. "Rush, are you trying to make people bad? Are you trying to make them feel bad for the decision they made?" Yes! Of course I am.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT (Amelia's note: what does "break transcript" mean? was there a commercial?)

And furthermore, ladies and gentlemen, as I was saying, I hope you people in Ohio lose your coal industry; and I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

Yup, you single handedly stopped all the right from quoting Rush. So believable....

I am also sure that the GOP gets all their marching orders from him and he leads the party. Also really believable...

Those so called cons still do not take any of those idiots on the radio and brand you with them so stop trying to equate it with anything else. Also, it is the left wingers here that are habitually guilty of such an act. Think tea party. They must ALL be racists because ridiot pulled up a picture or two that PROVES it. Hmmm, seems you are reflecting. Reflecting hard....

By the way, the OP is a diehard leftist, you're not helping your point.

Also, you said that you provided the context. Here is what you provided in your post:

Those were the quotes as stated. Looks like context is the one thing that you are missing. The vitriolic spitting was there before you quoted but... a noticeable lack of context was defiantly there. I do like how you are taking the quotes from 2 different broadcasts and using them together. At least you had the decency to date them.
The context is missing because you edited my post. I pointed out that your MessiahRushie hoping Americans would suffer the loss of their jobs for not voting GOP was the "ranting of a spiteful loser who wants everyone to suffer until he gets his way." There! Take that!

And the second quote gives your MessiahRushie's own definition of who he means when he talks about "Joe the plumbers" becoming unemployed in 6 months.

Here's my unedited post:

November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008

Well, here is the problem then, you do not understand what context means. YOUR words prefacing the quote is not context. Context is the quote taken in its entirety, NOT one line or sentence.

You fail.
The context is the spiteful hopes of a sore loser. If you could have given another context you would have. At least your fellow CON$ervative who made the OP tried to rationalize a different context, but you just spewed your elitist condescension.

Here's my unedited post:

You fail.
The context is the spiteful hopes of a sore loser. If you could have given another context you would have. At least your fellow CON$ervative who made the OP tried to rationalize a different context, but you just spewed your elitist condescension.

I didn't rationalize a different context. I provided THE context. You did not.

I gave my interpretation of the context. That would be what you called rationalization. However, FA_Q2 is correct - you didn't provide context at all.

Back to your interpretation, how is it spiteful to say you hope that people get what they voted for? Okay, there is an element of spite in the presentation, but mostly it's sardonic. Rush was making the point that people voted for their own destruction and thus they deserved whatever bad economic news was coming their way.

Obama told voters that he would put them out of work. They voted for him anyway. So they deserved to be put out of work. It's what they voted for.

But obviously Rush didn't truly wish for them to be put out of work. Later when he said that he hoped Obama would fail, that was him hoping the best for all employed people around the nation. He wanted Obama's plans to fizzle so that people would be able to keep their jobs.

p.s., THANK GOODNESS we managed to stop Cap & Trade. Can you imagine how bad the economy would be now if Obama had gotten his way with that?

Last edited:

November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008

In the November quote at least, Rush was actually saying that when Obama succeeded, people would be out of their jobs. Not when he failed. When Obama did what he promised he would do. Obama declared that he was going to bankrupt the coal industry. And people in coal country voted for Obama anyway.

Rush was saying they made their bed and now they have to lie in it. They voted for someone who promised to take away their jobs, and so they would deserve it when he took their jobs. They voted for someone who promised to take away whatever wealth they managed to accrue and give it to someone who hadn't worked for it, and so they deserved to have their money taken away from them. Because that is what would happen if Obama SUCCEEDED. Not if he failed. If Obama kept his word, all those people in coal country would be out of jobs. The coal miners would be out of jobs. The people who sold groceries to the coal miners would lose their jobs when the coal miners didn't have any more income. The people at the home depots where the coal miners used to shop would be out of jobs, etc. Obama promised them he would ruin the economy in their part of the country and they voted for him anyway. That is stupid and Rush called it the way it was.

Here is some of the lead-in to the quote and a link to the transcript:

Rush Limbaugh, November 5, 2008, Parsing The Messiah's Speech:

And I maintain to you that the vast majority of people that voted for Obama aren't even thinking about this the way I'm thinking about it. They're not even contemplating it. There was no substance to the people electing him, most of them who did. He was a symbol, represented all kinds of stuff. That's why I'm nitpicking this. "Rush, are you trying to make people bad? Are you trying to make them feel bad for the decision they made?" Yes! Of course I am.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT (Amelia's note: what does "break transcript" mean? was there a commercial?)

And furthermore, ladies and gentlemen, as I was saying, I hope you people in Ohio lose your coal industry; and I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.
November 5, 2009
Well, at least you tried to come up with a context other than the elitist condescension and spite of a sore loser. Of course your MessiahRushie said nothing about Obama succeeding but only how STUPID people who didn't vote GOP were. And, of course, how HE knows whats better for EVERYONE else. Anyone who didn't swallow his lies is stupid. They deserve to suffer and he will get "euphoric" pleasure watching as that painful "uh-oh" moment hits them.

One of his lie that you swallowed was that Obama wants to bankrupt the coal industry. This he did by taking Obama out of context. Obama said if they build new coal plants that don't use clean coal they will go bankrupt. The coal industry will still be there, just with clean coal instead.

But even assuming your phony context, your MessiahRushie didn't want just the Obama voters to suffer, or just the coal miners in Ohio to suffer, he wanted ALL average hard working American Joes to suffer the loss of their jobs no matter who they voted for.And punctuated by his spiteful THERE! Take that at the end.

And yes the breaks in transcript are for commercials, but he wanted to get in that last little spiteful bit of hate for the American people SO BAD that he could not wait for all the commercials to play that he spewed it out in between two commercials. THERE! Take that.

Here is the rant with the arrogant condescension that you edited out with some highlighting to help.

November 5, 2009
RUSH: Like I said yesterday, I love enlightening stupid people. There is nothing to me -- well, I can't say nothing, there are things I like more than this -- but, folks, you talk about euphoria, I get euphoric when I turn the light on inside some stupid person's brain. Well, does that sound cruel, Mr. Snerdley? What's wrong with the word "stupid"? It has a definition. There are some stupid people. There are also some ignorant people. (interruption) You prefer "ignorant"? Now you're starting to sound like people, "Don't offend them, Rush, don't offend them." All right, I'll say ignorant people. (interruption) I'm not talking about our side. I'm talking about the people that voted for Obama. (interruption) No, I'm not talking to the people on our side that voted for Obama. I doubt they're still listening. I hope that they have been humiliated in the first hour and are gone in meditation and contemplation. I'm confident they'll be back.

Folks, don't you like teaching people things? When people have just fallen for a bunch of nothing and you are able to point out what they have fallen for, don't you love it when you see in their face, uh-oh? We are trying to help them, Snerdley. I am trying to be helpful. You are misunderstanding my tone here. I get gleeful when I teach somebody something. That's why I'm nitpicking this; that's why I'm parsing this. "I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face." What challenges? I didn't think there were any. Once we had hope and change taken care of and once he was elected, that was it. "I will listen to you, especially when we disagree." Oh! Now, I happen to disagree. Are you going to listen to me or are you going to implement the Fairness Doctrine? "And above all, I will ask you to join in the work of remaking this nation." Now, that, remaking the nation? That's not fixing something. Remaking it? What the hell is that? And I maintain to you that the vast majority of people that voted for Obama aren't even thinking about this the way I'm thinking about it. They're not even contemplating it. There was no substance to the people electing him, most of them who did. He was a symbol, represented all kinds of stuff. That's why I'm nitpicking this. "Rush, are you trying to make people [feel] bad? Are you trying to make them feel bad for the decision they made?" Yes! Of course I am.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: And furthermore, ladies and gentlemen, as I was saying, I hope you people in Ohio lose your coal industry; and I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

END TRANSCRIPT

You fail.

I didn't rationalize a different context. I provided THE context. You did not.

I gave my interpretation of the context. That would be what you called rationalization. However, FA_Q2 is correct - you didn't provide context at all.

Back to your interpretation, how is it spiteful to say you hope that people get what they voted for? Okay, there is an element of spite in the presentation, but mostly it's sardonic. Rush was making the point that people voted for their own destruction and thus they deserved whatever bad economic news was coming their way.

Obama told voters that he would put them out of work. They voted for him anyway. So they deserved to be put out of work. It's what they voted for.

But obviously Rush didn't truly wish for them to be put out of work. Later when he said that he hoped Obama would fail, that was him hoping the best for all employed people around the nation. He wanted Obama's plans to fizzle so that people would be able to keep their jobs.

p.s., THANK GOODNESS we managed to stop Cap & Trade. Can you imagine how bad the economy would be now if Obama had gotten his way with that?
But Obama didn't tell them that he would put them out of work!!! That was one of your MessiahRushie's lies. Obama said that the people who BUILD new coal plants that don't use clean coal technology will go bankrupt. The coal workers do not build the plants!!! So what really was said was anyone who didn't swallow LimpTard's lie like you did was stupid and deserved to lose their job. Stuttering LimpTard was pissed that his lying was not effective and spitefully wanted ALL Americans to suffer as a result.

That is not the only example of your MessiahRushie wanting Americans to suffer. Here is another for you to spin.

February 13, 2009
I Hope the Stimulus Package Fails
RUSH: I hope it prolongs the recession.

One of his lie that you swallowed was that Obama wants to bankrupt the coal industry. This he did by taking Obama out of context. Obama said if they build new coal plants that don't use clean coal they will go bankrupt. The coal industry will still be there, just with clean coal instead.

No. Obama said he was opposed to coal ideologically. He didn't even want clean coal on the table. If someone built a coal-powered plant they would go bankrupt. Period.

Last edited:
No. Obama said he was opposed to coal ideologically. He didn't even want clean coal on the table. If someone built a coal-powered plant they would go bankrupt. Period.
Here's the thing about DittoTards, even after they are exposed to the truth, they still swallow their MessiahRushie's lies and consider anyone stupid who doesn't fall for his lies.

Here is the full video, including the part where Obama said that the idea of eliminating coal plants was ”an illusion.”

Lies, Half Truths and Contradictions: Chronicle ”Hidden” Audio on Obama | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

Here's the thing about DittoTards, even after they are exposed to the truth, they still swallow their MessiahRushie's lies and consider anyone stupid who doesn't fall for his lies.

Here is the full video, including the part where Obama said that the idea of eliminating coal plants was ”an illusion.”

Lies, Half Truths and Contradictions: Chronicle ”Hidden” Audio on Obama | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

That's really long and I have a slow computer. It could take me hours to download the whole thing - if I'm even able to get it all without my computer hanging up. Please tell me where in that 52 minute piece he said something which puts a different interpretation on this:

Obama:
The only thing I've said with respect to coal, I haven't been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it.

Remember that Biden also was of the opinion, "no more coal plants in America, not even clean coal", until the campaign made him back off from that.

Hey, look. You actually figures out what context means. Good job. Now, the specific piece that your referring to is here:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4onAQBWQ]SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY - YouTube[/ame]
But I did not see the entire video on the link that you provided. It comes up as an empty box. Got a better link? I am quite interested in how this quote is put into context as it's pretty clear the direction that it is taking. There is always the possibility that there could be a misconception because of the lack of context though. 1 min of audio is hardly a good background to tell what he was getting at.

Also, where did you get that transcript. The paragraph seems complete but, again, the one line quote does not. Was there anything after that?

Also, when clearly put into context, Amelia is spot on with the interpretation. See the difference context makes. He was not talking about everyone and not about all 'Joe the Plumber' jobs. He was specifically talking about the coal industry in Ohio. Sure makes a difference as you made it sound like he meant all average Americans throughout the country min your first quote and that it was specific to Obama's failure (and you read that to mean America's failure as well) when it was actually pointed at Obama's stance on one of the largest industries within that state. Two completely different concepts.

By the way, is that the occasion when Obama said, “electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket”?

I wish I had a transcript of the whole thing. Some of the things I heard at the beginning of the video before I gave up on being able to download it all tonight were sort of interesting. I bet there are lots of gems in it. I'll try it again later.

That's really long and I have a slow computer. It could take me hours to download the whole thing - if I'm even able to get it all without my computer hanging up. Please tell me where in that 52 minute piece he said something which puts a different interpretation on this:

Obama:
The only thing I've said with respect to coal, I haven't been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it. [That I think is the right approach.]
Remember that Biden also was of the opinion, "no more coal plants in America, not even clean coal", until the campaign made him back off from that.
Funny how you pretend to be a stickler for context, yet you take as gospel out of context snippets from people who were exposed as liars when they said the video was hidden even though it was proven that the video was never hidden.

Now if you had actually checked the context of the snippets you would have found out that Obama started out his answer to the question of "how he squares his SUPPORT FOR COAL with the need to fight global warming?" with Obama saying that “this notion of no coal, I think is an illusion.” He then says “What we have to do then is figure out how can we use coal without emitting greenhouse gases and carbon.” So when he gets to the out of context snippet you posted he is saying that as a supporter of coal, he is not a booster of coal. He is saying that rather than take coal off the table ideologically, he thinks the right approach is to pursue coal if technology allows us to use it in a clean way.

Quite a bit different from the out of context snippets the people who lied about the video being hidden misled you with.

The question starts a few seconds after the 25 minute point. Make sure you hear the question, it points out Obama supports coal use.

Hey, look. You actually figures out what context means. Good job. Now, the specific piece that your referring to is here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4onAQBWQ"]SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY - YouTube[/ame]
But I did not see the entire video on the link that you provided. It comes up as an empty box. Got a better link? I am quite interested in how this quote is put into context as it's pretty clear the direction that it is taking. There is always the possibility that there could be a misconception because of the lack of context though. 1 min of audio is hardly a good background to tell what he was getting at.

Also, where did you get that transcript. The paragraph seems complete but, again, the one line quote does not. Was there anything after that?

Also, when clearly put into context, Amelia is spot on with the interpretation. See the difference context makes. He was not talking about everyone and not about all 'Joe the Plumber' jobs. He was specifically talking about the coal industry in Ohio. Sure makes a difference as you made it sound like he meant all average Americans throughout the country min your first quote and that it was specific to Obama's failure (and you read that to mean America's failure as well) when it was actually pointed at Obama's stance on one of the largest industries within that state. Two completely different concepts.
The link works perfectly for me, and the context for the dishonest video comes well before the snippet you posted. Funny how you demand the whole LimpTard rant, which you ignore once it is posted, but do not demand to hear the question he was asked or the part of the answer that came before your dishonest snippet. Not too hypocritical are you?

And Your Messiah went on a ten minute rant without ever mentioning coal and admitting at the end he wants the American people to feel bad. Then in between two commercials he comes back with two more separate hopes, one specifically for Ohio and the other separated by a semicolon in his own transcript for ALL the average American Joes.

Read the whole rant again.

November 5, 2009
RUSH: Like I said yesterday, I love enlightening stupid people. There is nothing to me -- well, I can't say nothing, there are things I like more than this -- but, folks, you talk about euphoria, I get euphoric when I turn the light on inside some stupid person's brain. Well, does that sound cruel, Mr. Snerdley? What's wrong with the word "stupid"? It has a definition. There are some stupid people. There are also some ignorant people. (interruption) You prefer "ignorant"? Now you're starting to sound like people, "Don't offend them, Rush, don't offend them." All right, I'll say ignorant people. (interruption) I'm not talking about our side. I'm talking about the people that voted for Obama. (interruption) No, I'm not talking to the people on our side that voted for Obama. I doubt they're still listening. I hope that they have been humiliated in the first hour and are gone in meditation and contemplation. I'm confident they'll be back.

Folks, don't you like teaching people things? When people have just fallen for a bunch of nothing and you are able to point out what they have fallen for, don't you love it when you see in their face, uh-oh? We are trying to help them, Snerdley. I am trying to be helpful. You are misunderstanding my tone here. I get gleeful when I teach somebody something. That's why I'm nitpicking this; that's why I'm parsing this. "I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face." What challenges? I didn't think there were any. Once we had hope and change taken care of and once he was elected, that was it. "I will listen to you, especially when we disagree." Oh! Now, I happen to disagree. Are you going to listen to me or are you going to implement the Fairness Doctrine? "And above all, I will ask you to join in the work of remaking this nation." Now, that, remaking the nation? That's not fixing something. Remaking it? What the hell is that? And I maintain to you that the vast majority of people that voted for Obama aren't even thinking about this the way I'm thinking about it. They're not even contemplating it. There was no substance to the people electing him, most of them who did. He was a symbol, represented all kinds of stuff. That's why I'm nitpicking this. "Rush, are you trying to make people [feel] bad? Are you trying to make them feel bad for the decision they made?" Yes! Of course I am.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: And furthermore, ladies and gentlemen, as I was saying, I hope you people in Ohio lose your coal industry; and I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

END TRANSCRIPT

By the way, is that the occasion when Obama said, “electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket”?

I wish I had a transcript of the whole thing. Some of the things I heard at the beginning of the video before I gave up on being able to download it all tonight were sort of interesting. I bet there are lots of gems in it. I'll try it again later.
Yet another out of context quote by the people who complain about out of context quotes.

What Obama said was that in the SHORT RUN rates would skyrocket because the cost of retooling would be passed on to the consumer, BUT IN THE LONG RUN the economy would be better off. So what he was saying was that short term pain would yield long term gain, as opposed to doing nothing which would yield never ending increasing pain.

Yet another out of context quote by the people who complain about out of context quotes.

What Obama said was that in the SHORT RUN rates would skyrocket because the cost of retooling would be passed on to the consumer, BUT IN THE LONG RUN the economy would be better off. So what he was saying was that short term pain would yield long term gain, as opposed to doing nothing which would yield never ending increasing pain.

I'll try to find a way to listen to the whole thing. If I'm wrong I am sure I'll be able to see it. Unlike the people who seem to consider Limbaugh a demon and continue to miss the points he was trying to make.

p.s., please drop the snark about me supposedly being a stickler for context as if I'm being hypocritical. I can't know everything. Yes ... I am a fan of context. I'm counting on people to point out to me when I miss the context. I'm the one who started this thread and invited people from both sides of the aisle to speak their piece and give examples where people have dropped context to the detriment of the speaker's real meaning. I'm trying to be open-minded about this.

Have a lovely day.

I'll try to find a way to listen to the whole thing. If I'm wrong I am sure I'll be able to see it. Unlike the people who seem to consider Limbaugh a demon and continue to miss the points he was trying to make.

p.s., please drop the snark about me supposedly being a stickler for context as if I'm being hypocritical. I can't know everything. Yes ... I am a fan of context. I'm counting on people to point out to me when I miss the context. I'm the one who started this thread and invited people from both sides of the aisle to speak their piece and give examples where people have dropped context to the detriment of the speaker's real meaning. I'm trying to be open-minded about this.

Have a lovely day.
I keep forgetting, only CON$ can demonize.

November 24, 2009
RUSH: The left, my friends, is a truly evil bunch.

Have a lovely day.

November 24, 2009

Thank you for another opportunity to go ferret out the context you omitted. I was prepared to be somewhat chagrined by Rush going over the top. But hmmm ... in context ... I have to agree.

But the point is, they have used and targeted children, scaring them to death with lies. Ted Turner's been doing it with Captain Planet cartoons, getting kids to hate big business. The left, my friends, is a truly evil bunch.

I would probably have said it differently because I don't think that all liberals are evil - just that they sometimes do some seriously offensive things. But in essence the sentiment Rush expressed was natural in that context. It's natural for us to get upset when liberals propagandize children.

I'm upset here in Wisconsin by the state law which says that the public union teachers have to teach children how wonderful unions are, and the public union teachers get the kids to write awful things about Scott Walker, and the public union teachers get doctors to lie and write fake excuses when the public union teachers break the anti-sick-out law and leave working class parents having to scramble to make arrangements for care for their children while the teachers are AWOL and the public union school staff threatens the safety of the brother of a state legislator, etc. I get upset. I try to avoid saying Wisconsin educators are evil because I know that they're not. I know that they care and they have a hard job. But their actions in some instances are sure not the kind which make me want to have my children in their classrooms.

Last edited:

Have a lovely day.

November 24, 2009

Thank you for another opportunity to go ferret out the context you omitted. I was prepared to be somewhat chagrined by Rush going over the top. But hmmm ... in context ... I have to agree.

But the point is, they have used and targeted children, scaring them to death with lies. Ted Turner's been doing it with Captain Planet cartoons, getting kids to hate big business. The left, my friends, is a truly evil bunch.
I would probably have said it differently because I don't think that all liberals are evil - just that they sometimes do some seriously offensive things. But in essence the sentiment Rush expressed was natural in that context. It's natural for us to get upset when liberals propagandize children.
Only if you are gullible enough to swallow your MessiahRushie's lie that Captain Planet cartoons are scaring children to death!!! :cuckoo:

To the wicked, everything serves as pretext.
Voltaire

July 7, 2010
RUSH: The left is relentless. The left is who it is. They are who they are, and they are dishonest as they can be. Trying to deal with them the same way you would deal with one of your recalcitrant children is not gonna work. I mean, we're dealing with true, evil, diabolic deviousness here.

They are to be defeated. They are not to be gotten along with. I hate that phrase. I'm having a mental block. They're not people to have friendly relationships with. You don't have to be unfriendly, but the point is not to get along with these people. It's not to form a compromise. There's no compromise with these people. How the hell do you compromise with evil?

Forum List

Back