Contested Convention

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Question to all the Trumpeters... If there is a contested convention that ends with a different nominee than Trump, how do you see him responding? Hostilely or Graciously?

I have very little doubt that there will be a very hostile reaction, talks of a lawsuit, and a high probability that he runs as a third party candidate. Anybody disagree?

If he does react this way, what does that tell you about Donald Trump? Do you think he is in this for himself or for the betterment of his party/country?

upload_2016-3-8_13-33-46.png

If he wins Michigan and Mississippi today and Florida, NC, and ill on the 15th. Well, I think it is over vote for little pooze but if not then brokered convection.

And people talk about kipper :lol:

Y
Question to all the Trumpeters... If there is a contested convention that ends with a different nominee than Trump, how do you see him responding? Hostilely or Graciously?

I have very little doubt that there will be a very hostile reaction, talks of a lawsuit, and a high probability that he runs as a third party candidate. Anybody disagree?

If he does react this way, what does that tell you about Donald Trump? Do you think he is in this for himself or for the betterment of his party/country?

You are asking the wrong questions. If there is a contested election, will there be any Republicans left for the next election to be a success for the GOP? The establishment is doing all it can from McConnell on down to ruin this party. Now they have techs involved and all the money managers they can find. I would do all I could to start another party, leaving the GOP in the dust.

Y

You are asking the wrong questions. If there is a contested election, will there be any Republicans left for the next election to be a success for the GOP? The establishment is doing all it can from McConnell on down to ruin this party. Now they have techs involved and all the money managers they can find. I would do all I could to start another party, leaving the GOP in the dust.
I completely agree. If this happens I think the GOP is done... And maybe it's exactly what our country needs, our current Party system seems to frustrate more than inspire... I for one would love to see a complete campaign and political party system restructure. Who's gonna that that done though?

Which National Party do you think is going to give up their nominee for Trump?

The independent one

Y

I completely agree. If this happens I think the GOP is done... And maybe it's exactly what our country needs, our current Party system seems to frustrate more than inspire... I for one would love to see a complete campaign and political party system restructure. Who's gonna that that done though?
I just called Mitch McConnell's office and let him know that his efforts to "Dump Trump" goes against the will of the people and I would do anything to start a third party and never look back at the ruins of the GOP. Granted, I am just one voter, but I believe there would be an active movement to topple the fat cats that think they can derail the people's choice.

The independent one
I hope there would be a strong crusade for The Independent Voice, the IV that keeps the will of the People alive. (I just made that up...no such thing, but it would be nice.)

After being screwed he will run an independent campaign and I will crack up watching the GOP get relegated to 3rd place status come election day. :)

The independent one

There isn't a National Independent Party.

The three at the top of the list are:
Reform Party of USA
Libertarian Party
Constitution Party

But I don't see any of them giving up their convention to Trump.

The independent one

Reform Party of USA
Libertarian Party
Constitution Party

He will run as an independent... Like Ross Perot and Ron Paul

The independent one

Reform Party of USA
Libertarian Party
Constitution Party

He will run as an independent... Like Ross Perot and Ron Paul

Obviously you don't know how this works.
You don't announce on TV that you are running for president as an independent and your name gets put on the ballot in all 50 states by magic.

Obviously you don't know how this works.
You don't announce on TV that you are running for president as an independent and your name gets put on the ballot in all 50 states by magic.
Trump seems to get away with many things by using magic and tv over fact and process... I wouldn't put anything past him... My discussion and questions are geared towards the character of Trump not on the viability of a Third Party run. It is enough of a threat that it has come up in multiple debates and interviews asking candidates (pointed at Trump) to vow support for the nominee and not run as a third party candidate if they were to lose. You shouldn't try so hard to try and make me look stupid, that isn't the point of this discussion either.

least you forget establishment Republicans and their supporters make up a greater majority than Trump and his supporters.

example; The Tea Party and its fan base have been trying to take over the government for how long now?

The rules for the Republican party make a contested convention hard. The delegates are tied to the primary vote, even the Super delegates. After the first round then they can change their vote.

Not so for the democrats who pretend to be all democratic. Their super delegates can vote for anyone they so desire at any time. Of course them not following the party line is hard to image for a democrat.

Forum List

Back