Contest

I am giving a gift certificate for a fake ID to the first person that can answer my question:

I got pulled over once for having a Phillies Blunt sticker in my car window. (true story)

I am a white American Male.

What was the first thing the officer asked me for?

Monica Lewinsky's phone number?

I've linked the bill before, and you've neglected to read it. But I'll link it for you one more time.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Please, read it this time. Just because jillian says that something is true without backing it up does not make it true. And she has not backed up her statement.

Rick
The only time a driver's license is mentioned in your link is in reference to impounding a vehicle.

So I repeat the request for a link to prove your claim.

Thanks for your request, but since I'm "too stupid to talk to" I'll just have to discuss with people who can actually read.

I'll wait for jillian to post her link or source for the fact that if you're pulled over in Arizona you will be required to show your passport as proof of citizenship.

You see, my post quoted above was in response you jillian and her (wrong) assessment that if a person that has dark hair and eyes and has a hispanic accent is pulled over they'll need their passport even if they have a valid driver's license.

Jillian is taking her own license with the bill and trying to say something that is not in the bill, and I replied.

What you fail to grasp is that any immigrants here with a visa or green card are REQUIRED by law to have them with them at all times. So, there shouldn't be a problem for ANY U.S. citizen who follows the law of the U.S. now should there?

And the other thing that you fail to grasp is that a law enforcement officer MAY ask any person they come in contact with during the normal course of their job for identification. If that person does not provide identification the law enforcement officer is well within his/her authority to detain said person until proof of identity can be obtained. If a passenger in your car is asked for ID when you are stopped for a traffic violation they can refuse to offer one, but they then run the risk of being detained until proof of identity is offered. IT'S THE LAW.

Rick

I've linked the bill before, and you've neglected to read it. But I'll link it for you one more time.

Please, read it this time. Just because jillian says that something is true without backing it up does not make it true. And she has not backed up her statement.

Rick
The only time a driver's license is mentioned in your link is in reference to impounding a vehicle.

Thanks for your request, but since I'm "too stupid to talk to" I'll just have to discuss with people who can actually read.

I'll wait for jillian to post her link or source for the fact that if you're pulled over in Arizona you will be required to show your passport as proof of citizenship.

You see, my post quoted above was in response you jillian and her (wrong) assessment that if a person that has dark hair and eyes and has a hispanic accent is pulled over they'll need their passport even if they have a valid driver's license.

Jillian is taking her own license with the bill and trying to say something that is not in the bill, and I replied.

What you fail to grasp is that any immigrants here with a visa or green card are REQUIRED by law to have them with them at all times. So, there shouldn't be a problem for ANY U.S. citizen who follows the law of the U.S. now should there?

And the other thing that you fail to grasp is that a law enforcement officer MAY ask any person they come in contact with during the normal course of their job for identification. If that person does not provide identification the law enforcement officer is well within his/her authority to detain said person until proof of identity can be obtained. If a passenger in your car is asked for ID when you are stopped for a traffic violation they can refuse to offer one, but they then run the risk of being detained until proof of identity is offered. IT'S THE LAW.

Rick
A law enforcement officer may ask for your identification if they have probable cause to believe you are committing a crime...otherwise, they do not.

I am giving a gift certificate for a fake ID to the first person that can answer my question:

I got pulled over once for having a Phillies Blunt sticker in my car window. (true story)

I am a white American Male.

What was the first thing the officer asked me for?

Monica Lewinsky's phone number?

A blow job?

Hoping, maybe, but after she demonstrated the proper use of a cigar instead of the real deal?

[What the hell do I know. I don't smoke dope, so I'm not familiar with the paraphernalia. I had to look up what a Phillies Blunt is.]

I'm afraid jillian is misinformed. There is no requirement to have a passport in Arizona. What the law says is that "a reasonable attempt shall be made to determine the immigration status....." If a person has a VALID driver's license there is no need for any attempt further to verify their immigration status. Oh, and someone here on a Greencard or Vise is REQUIRED to have it with them AT ALL TIMES.

Rick

it says you have to ascertain citizenship status. i am not misinformed. you are misstating the facts, though.

Sorry, but there is no requirement of ANY U.S. citizen to have a passport unless they are traveling outside the country. Please point out to me in the bill where it says that if you are stopped you will be required to show a passport if you have a valid driver's license.

It's not there. Because they can not REQUIRE you to have documentation that is not REQUIRED of a U.S. citizen.

Rick

I'm still waiting for you to show me exactly where you get your information from jillian. I'd really like to know where you got that if you are dark skinned in Arizona you need to carry a passport along with your driver's license.

Is that in the same area of the bill where it says that they can pull you over just for looking Mexican? Because, neither one is there.

Rick

A law enforcement officer may ask for your identification if they have probable cause to believe you are committing a crime...otherwise, they do not.

I wish the law was written that way. The way they have got it, if a person walks up to a cop to ask directions, or make that a fireman or a county or city administrative clerk, all the official needs is suspicion to ask for identification. No different than in any Banana Republic. I'm all for illegals to be tossed from the country, but they may as well issue a national ID card since this legislation took us down this path.

you would not have been asked for your driver's license if you were walking to the supermarket.

If he'd have jaywalked he most certainly would have.

And let me once again make this clear, NO ONE in Arizona is being asked for their I.D. just because they are of a certain skin color. They are asked for I.D. when they come in contact with police for other reasons. There's nothing wrong with that.

Rick

i didn't add an illegal act, why did you?

but there's no such thing as jaywalking in ny. well there is, but no one in the history of time has ever been stopped for it.

i have a better one though. say i look hispanic or have an accent. i get pulled over for a routine stop. i'm a citizen so all i have is my drivers' license and reggistration.

do i now need my passport?

in nyc? nope.

in AZ? yup...

Actually, no you don't. If you have a license they presume that you are legal.

Actually, they don't need probable cause to ask someone to identify themselves. Course it's been a while since I read that specific case so I may be slightly off.

i have a better one though. say i look hispanic or have an accent. i get pulled over for a routine stop. i'm a citizen so all i have is my drivers' license and reggistration.

do i now need my passport?

in nyc? nope.

in AZ? yup...

Nope just more LW BS/lies to add to the hysteria. The law lists documents that provide a presumption of citizenship one of which is a Driver's License. There is no need for citizens to carry their birth certificate or passport.

Read the bill....it's not that hard.

I wish the law was written that way. The way they have got it, if a person walks up to a cop to ask directions, or make that a fireman or a county or city administrative clerk, all the official needs is suspicion to ask for identification. No different than in any Banana Republic. I'm all for illegals to be tossed from the country, but they may as well issue a national ID card since this legislation took us down this path.
Good point. I was more thinking that a cop can not just approach someone and ask for their id unless there is probable cause that the person is acting illegally. But it is true if the person approaches the cop he or she may demand identification. :doubt:

National id card...this is what, I believe, people that pass these laws are trying to force us to carry.

Rick

You may believe that, but you'd be wrong. As I said, an officer of the law may ask any person they come in contact with during the normal course of their jobs to produce ID.

Rick

Forum List

Back