Contessa Brewer vs. Mo Brooks

Many on the right, particularly tea partiers, think that degrees are useless.

They can be, when they're in useless subjects. Get a degree in something that actually prepares you for a career, and you're good to go. Get a degree in something that prepares you only to teach that narrowly-defined subject (14th Century French poetry), and you're going to have an exciting and fast-paced career in the food service industry.

True. I have a liberal niece who is getting her PhD in medieval literature. The only thing I know she can do with that is teach college. If that falls thru, she has experience as a Starbucks barrista and a daycare worker.
Poor planning on her part, apparently.

They can be, when they're in useless subjects. Get a degree in something that actually prepares you for a career, and you're good to go. Get a degree in something that prepares you only to teach that narrowly-defined subject (14th Century French poetry), and you're going to have an exciting and fast-paced career in the food service industry.

True. I have a liberal niece who is getting her PhD in medieval literature. The only thing I know she can do with that is teach college. If that falls thru, she has experience as a Starbucks barrista and a daycare worker.

Yep.......and she is an exceptional student. Too bad she didn't pick a field where she can support herself. My son starts college this fall studying engineering.

Yep.......and she is an exceptional student. Too bad she didn't pick a field where she can support herself. My son starts college this fall studying engineering.

She's going to have trouble paying off her student loans.

Good on your son. Can't go wrong with engineering. What kind?

He had a hard time settling on which path he wanted to take with engineering and you know kids, it could change once he gets in school. He will be studying Fire Protection and Safety Technology. Oklahoma State University is the only accredited school in the nation to offer it. Check it out at Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma State University - Home.

I wonder if Beavis and Butthead applied for her position, and even though they both had higher I.Q.s than Contessa, Contessa got the job soley because she was attractive and had a "A Nice Rack"! MSNBC wont get many male viewers if they have a few too many fat-asses(like Matthews & Schultz)

He had a hard time settling on which path he wanted to take with engineering and you know kids, it could change once he gets in school. He will be studying Fire Protection and Safety Technology. Oklahoma State University is the only accredited school in the nation to offer it. Check it out at Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma State University - Home.
Impressive. And good choice of branch. That's something that's never going to go away. Best of luck to him! :clap2:

New Topics

Forum List

Back