Contented Romney supporter

You're going to tell me shutting down your business and asking your employees to search for the missing daughter of a friend doesn't show more character than most people? Sorry Joe. Your caricature of who Romney is doesn't pass the test of reality.

Again, he did this to help a FRIEND. A Rich Friend.

I think most of us would stop what we are doing, and try to get time off to help a friend in need. Most of us just don't have the luxury of doing so.

Would he have done this for a total stranger? Would he have done this for an AmPad worker whose job he was trying to eliminate.

514_400x400_NoPeel.png

:)

Feels good to have my candidate on course to the nomination.

In contrast to the 2008 primary season, it feels good to be able to watch this and not gnash my teeth about things I can't control here in my later primary state. :)

And like an Academy Award runner up, it will be an honor just being nominated. ;)

Obama has NOTHING to run on...so his campaign will be all about smearing Romney (or whoever gets it). This is going to get dirty....i hope some of the obama sheep smartened up enough to see what he is.

A lot have. More will. A lot of people voted for him because of his nice guy mask. Now that the mask has pretty much fallen off, a whole lot of people will peel away from him ... or just stay home this time.

What are you talking about. Obama is a nice guy.

Just that, well--Obama can't govern.:eusa_whistle:

Romney reminds me of a shady used car salesman.... or a cheesy game show host.

There's just something about him I don't seem to trust. I do think he'd be the least of the crazies that are running against him in the primaries... but I still don't trust him.

Contented Romney supporter had a few crummy days! :(

But after recent Florida polls and tonight's debate she feels better. ( :

:eusa_angel:

Well, it wasn't like the GOP Establishment was going to really let us have a real contest, anyway.

When Obama beats the Magic Underpants off Mitten in November, are you going to come back here and apologize to us all for him? Or are you going to blame mean old conservatives for not doing their part?

Well, it wasn't like the GOP Establishment was going to really let us have a real contest, anyway.

When Obama beats the Magic Underpants off Mitten in November, are you going to come back here and apologize to us all for him? Or are you going to blame mean old conservatives for not doing their part?

Predictably, she will blame the media and express utter confusion at how so many American citizens can be so stupid as to allow a failed President a second term.

I'll comment realistically on what I think happened.

But I think there's a very good chance that no post-loss analysis will be required.

The far right of the party seemed to want to Sharron-Angle us all and I am very happy that we seem to have dodged that bullet.

Last edited:
I'll comment realistically on what I think happened.

But I think there's a very good chance that no post-loss analysis will be required.

The far right of the party seemed to want to Sharron-Angle us all and I am very happy that we seem to have dodged that bullet.

The establishment wants to "Bob Dole" us all, and they expect the rest of us to drink the koolaid.

You know, my biggest problem with you Romney Supporters is that you are essentially conceding the point. You admit this is a liberal country (it isn't) and the only way a Republican can win is to fool a lot of people into thinking our guy is a liberal, too. And I guess that works with Romney, he's flip-flopped on the issues so many time I'm not sure even he knows what he actually believes.

Romney was a shitty candidate 4 years ago and he hasn't gotten any better with age.

You think Sharron Angle is better than Bob Dole?

Maybe I don't understand what you're saying.

Not wanting a nutjob is not the same as saying I want to fool people into thinking our guy is liberal.

The far right have some weird "purity tests" or filters which I don't understand. Saying that most of America is not crazy enough to elect Sharron Angle is not saying that most of America is liberal.

But again, maybe I misunderstand your point. Maybe it was something else I said which prompted your observation there.

Oh, I see, just the fact that we support Romney is saying that this is a liberal country?

Well, when the non-establishment brings forward someone who doesn't look crazy, we can talk.

Predictably, she will blame the media and express utter confusion at how so many American citizens can be so stupid as to allow a failed President a second term.

That depends on how well the media do their job this time around. If they are on a par with 2008, then yea, there will be some legitimate reason to make the accusation that the media stumped for the Messiah. They did last time. Will they again? We'll have to wait and see.

You think Sharron Angle is better than Bob Dole?

Maybe I don't understand what you're saying.

Not wanting a nutjob is not the same as saying I want to fool people into thinking our guy is liberal.

The far right have some weird "purity tests" or filters which I don't understand. Saying that most of America is not crazy enough to elect Sharron Angle is not saying that most of America is liberal.

But again, maybe I misunderstand your point. Maybe it was something else I said which prompted your observation there.

Oh, I see, just the fact that we support Romney is saying that this is a liberal country?

Well, when the non-establishment brings forward someone who doesn't look crazy, we can talk.

I think there's a lot you don't understand, but if I explain them to you, you usually still don't understand.

For the record, Sharon Angle got 45% of the vote in 2010 in Nevada, a state Obama had carried two years earlier and running against the majority leader in the Senate. Bob Dole got 43% of the vote in 1996. So it seems to me that the fanatic made a better showing than the supposedly "electable" guy.

So the argument that if we run someone who is idealogically pure will do worse than someone who is "electable" is laughable. Voters respond to commitment, personality, and certainty.

The main arguments for Romney are that

1) He understands business.
2) He's more centrist and can attract independent and moderate voters.
3) He's "electable", as opposed to those idealogues.

So what if the base hates him for a lot of reasons, we can't possibly win. A candidate who really espouses conservatism would turn off the middle, and he'd lose. It's the argument that Bush-41 made against Reagan, and McCain made against Bush-43. But those guys won. When we start looking at 'electability", and trying to win over the center, instead of standing for something, like we did with Dole and McCain, that's when we lose.

Romney'll probably prevail not because the base was won over, but because he'll outlast Gingirch and Santorum in terms of money and establishment support. Then he'll lose to Obama, badly. Because even if you don't like Obama, you know where he stands. Mitt will have to get back to you after he's checked with his pollster, his debate coach and his focus group.

That depends on how well the media do their job this time around. If they are on a par with 2008, then yea, there will be some legitimate reason to make the accusation that the media stumped for the Messiah. They did last time. Will they again? We'll have to wait and see.

Oh, I'm sorry, what was there about Obama that the media didn't tell us that would have been a deal-killer in 2008?

Obama won in 2008 because people were sick of the war and the economy sucked. Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't because they were hiding Bill Ayers in the closet like a crazy uncle and if people just knew about Bill Ayers, they'd have voted for McCain.

Everyone knows the media has a liberal bias. It's why the GOP shouldn't let the media pick our candidate for us, like we let them do with McCain and we are letting them do with Romney. Because they will turn on that guy in a heartbeat.

Oh, I'm sorry, what was there about Obama that the media didn't tell us that would have been a deal-killer in 2008?

Obama won in 2008 because people were sick of the war and the economy sucked. Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't because they were hiding Bill Ayers in the closet like a crazy uncle and if people just knew about Bill Ayers, they'd have voted for McCain.

Everyone knows the media has a liberal bias. It's why the GOP shouldn't let the media pick our candidate for us, like we let them do with McCain and we are letting them do with Romney. Because they will turn on that guy in a heartbeat.

You're an idiot. I don't bother with your whining any more.

Forum List

Back