Contempt For Holder

LogikAndReazon

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2012
(CBS News) CBS News has learned the House Oversight Committee will vote next week on whether to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress. It's the fourth time in 30 years that Congress has launched a contempt action against an executive branch member.

This time, the dispute stems from Holder failing to turn over documents subpoenaed on October 12, 2011 in the Fast and Furious "gunwalking" investigation.

House committee schedules contempt vote against Holder - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Uncle Ferd says, "Yea - sumbody needs to tell him dat's the problem...
:tongue:
Holder: ‘I Stuck by My Guns’
June 12, 2012 – Embattled Attorney General Eric Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday that he has “stuck by my guns” during his time in office.
“I’ve enjoyed my time as attorney general,” he told the panel. “It’s been a tough job. It is one that takes a lot out of you. Some raised concerns as to whether I was tough enough for this job. I think that people will hopefully see that I’ve done this job in a way that is consistent with our values.” He was responding to Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.) who asked Holder if he would consider serving a second term as attorney general if Obama is reelected. “I stuck by my guns,” Holder continued. “I’ve been criticized a lot for the positions that I’ve taken. I’ve lost some. I’ve won more than I’ve lost. I’m proud of the work that I’ve done. More important, I’m proud of the 116,000 people in this United States Department of Justice. This has been the highlight of my career to have been the attorney general of the United States, to work with you all and to serve this president. What my future holds, frankly, I’m just not sure.”

The House Oversight and Government Reform committee, which has been investigating the Justice Department’s involvement in a gunrunning operation dubbed “Fast and Furious,” plans to vote June 20 on whether to hold Holder in contempt of Congress for failing to provide more than 100,000 subpoenaed documents pertaining to the botched gun sting.

As part of Fast and Furious, a Justice Department program that began in September 2009, law enforcement knowingly allowed about 2,000 U.S. guns to flow to Mexican drug cartels, with the intent of tracking the weapons and making arrests. However, law enforcement lost track of most of the weapons. The program was halted in December 2010 after two weapons from the program were found at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Holder:

See also:

Sen. Cornyn Tells Holder: 'Resign'
June 12, 2012 – Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told Attorney General Eric Holder he should resign for reasons that included his failure to cooperate with Congress's investigation of Operation Fast and Furious in which the administration allowed straw purchasers to buy guns for Mexican drug cartels.
“You’ve violated the public trust, in my view, by failing and refusing to perform the duties of your office,” Cornyn told Holder on Tuesday, when Holder appeared before the Judiciary Commitee. “So, Mr. Attorney General, it’s more with sorrow and regret than anger that you leave me with no alternative than to join those who call on you to resign your office. Americans deserve an attorney general who will be honest with them.” In his response, Holder said that Cornyn’s remarks contained “breathtaking inaccuracies.” “I don’t have any intention of resigning,” Holder said. “I heard the White House press officer say yesterday that the president has absolute confidence in me. I don’t have any reason to believe that that is not the case.”

The House Oversight and Government Reform committee, which has been investigating Operation Fast and Furious, plans to vote June 20 on whether to hold Holder in contempt of Congress for failing to provide more than 100,000 subpoenaed documents pertaining to a botched gun-sting investigation. As part of Fast and Furious, a Justice Department program that began in September 2009, law enforcement knowingly allowed about 2,000 U.S. guns to flow to Mexican drug cartels. The intention was to track the weapons and make arrests. However, law enforcement lost track of most of the weapons. The program was halted in December 2010 after two weapons from the program were found at the murder scene of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. Already, more than 100 House Republicans have called on Holder to step down.

Cornyn also complained that Holder will not appoint an independent prosecutor to investigate national security leaks, and he criticized Holder for taking legal actions against states that have passed voter ID laws. "So Mr. Attorney General, I’m afraid we’ve come to an impasse," Cornyn said. "The leaking of classified information represents a major threat to our national security. Your office faces a clear conflict of interest yet you won’t appoint a special counsel. You won’t support a truly independent investigation and you won’t take the threat seriously." "Meanwhile you still resist coming clean about what you knew and when you knew it with regard to Operation Fast and Furious," said the senator. "You won’t cooperate with a legitimate congressional investigation, and you won’t hold anyone, including yourself, accountable. Your department blocks states from implementing attempts to combat voter fraud."

Sen. Cornyn Tells Holder: 'Resign' | CNSNews.com

Holder, you dumbass, you brought this all on yourself. You could've produced the documents and avoided this mess. But no....you wanted to act like a little stuck-up bitch and now look where it got you. And the worst part? You had to let it drag into an election cycle. I'm sure your boss appreciates that!

The Republicans will get no where with this.

It's another witch hunt.

They can all go kick rocks, which is exactly what Holder is having them do.

:lol:
lol

It's another witch hunt.

lol

wow, you are insane. All for the cause, eh bro?

RW hack, you are wrong.

1. Holder has ALREADY supplied all the documents they asked for.

2. The ones he hasn't are ILLEGAL to supply as they are classified information.

3. The fact that the RepubliCON$ have been attacking Holder with such intensity and ferocity from the outset for the mere fact that Obama elected him doesn't help their cause.

4. Where were the RepubliCON$ ferocious intensity on these matters under Bush? Solandra was Bush's doing.

You lose.

Holder's gonna' wait until they all vote, THEN drop all the evidence of Bush having done the same thing.

But I have no faith that the vote will even happen.

Holder's gonna' wait until they all vote, THEN drop all the evidence of Bush having done the same thing.

But I have no faith that the vote will even happen.

Yep, the rabid CON$ are going to over-play their hands again....watch.

lol

Well, I guess we will all see next week. It's hardly a political witch hunt. People have died because of Holder's actions. Congress would be neglecting their responsibilities to ignore that.

It's another witch hunt.

lol

wow, you are insane. All for the cause, eh bro?

RW hack, you are wrong.

1. Holder has ALREADY supplied all the documents they asked for.

2. The ones he hasn't are ILLEGAL to supply as they are classified information.

3. The fact that the RepubliCON$ have been attacking Holder with such intensity and ferocity from the outset for the mere fact that Obama elected him doesn't help their cause.

4. Where were the RepubliCON$ ferocious intensity on these matters under Bush? Solandra was Bush's doing.

You lose.

Oh please, show me this information, "classified" documents, he turned over like 7000 out of 80000, not a great percentage. And if he didnt know about the program (which HE DID), he's completely incompetent

now you're blaming Solyndra on Bush???? OMG you are a left wing hack. My God, do you blame him when you "pop off" too soon?

Last edited:
Solyndra was Bush's idea.
Fast'n'Furious, another Bush Administration debacle.
Not a peep from the CON$ then.

Now watch them...

lol

so has ed schultz ever ripped apart holder for being an ass over the last year? i used to watch the ed show during the early days of fast and furious,,,,just waiting to see if he would ever bring up the issue,,,,,,never!

Solyndra was Bush's idea.
Fast'n'Furious, another Bush Administration debacle.
Not a peep from the CON$ then.

Now watch them...

lol

Well Iraq was Clintons Idea
Afganistan was Obamas

I can play too. Solyndra Bush, WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

I think he's talking to Marc

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhfSV9PWfg]The Wedding Singer Coocoo's nest - YouTube[/ame]

The fact of the matter is, there hasn't been an AG as incompetent AND as corrupt as Alberto Gonzalez who totally and completely politicized the department.

But, that was to be expected, the Bush Administration was perhaps THE most politicized Administration in US history. Everything was political, nothing was sacred. They sure did a good job, bringing the country to the brink of financial collapse and ruin.

Thank God for Obama, brought us back from the brink, steered us off the cliff, killed Osama, he's keeping us safe....the country is heading in the right direction.

:clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back