CDZ Contd: Are there ways to separate gay marriage and benefits from govt and protect people equally

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by emilynghiem, Jul 1, 2016.

1. TheProgressivePatriot

TheProgressivePatriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The commie infested, queer loving liberal NE USA
    Ratings:
    +2,718
    So a single person should be able to file a joint tax return---with himself, visit himself in the hospital, and not pay the estate tax on his own estate that he inherits from himself --after he's dead? I get it, your saying that there should be no distinction between single and married people, so in effect there is no marriage. Good luck with garnering support for that.

2. TheProgressivePatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,718
    My, my you are angry! Thank you for admitting that it is same sex marriage and not about the role of government and the constitution or anything else. You're so damned flustered that you have to throw something in about sports and transwomen which has nothing to do with marriage but reveals your deep seated problem with all LGBT people. We'll you might as well get over it. Marriage equality is here to stay. And if you don't get over it, I DON'T CARE!:dance:

Oh, and if marriage is sacred, as it is for some, it is still just as sacred for most. It is only less sacred for those who will use religion as a weapon to discriminate against others.

3. Fair&Balanced

Fair&Balanced BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    Separate issue, but I think a pretty good case could be made that giving married people a tax break is in fact discrimination.

Not the current left description of discrimination which is "doesn't accept people they don't like" but the actual definition of discrimination which applies to the 14th, which is "all laws should be applied equally to all people"

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Slyhunter

Slyhunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,013
    Single person should get a deduction in tax rate that equals one persons tax rate on a joint tax return.
    Single person should be visited in hospital by anyone the Hospital says it's alright to visit. The government has no say in the matter.
    Single people should pay the same estate tax in an inheritance that married people do, or I should say married people should pay the same as if they were single.
    It is not the governments business who is married to whom. Group marriages should be like corporations. Line marriages where you don't have to worry about inheritance because you keep marrying them into the family young and have joint ownership of everything. The future is here and you faggots forced it upon us.

5. Fair&Balanced

Fair&Balanced BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,516
    Because the cotus says so

6. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,092
    You say that as though being on the "lunatic fringe" is somehow a bad thing. Let me remind you of a few people considered, at one time or another, to be on the "lunatic fringe":
    • Christopher Columbus
    • Socrates
    • Martin Luther
    • Leonardo Da Vinci
    • Steve Jobs
    And that's just to name a few off the top of my head. So, if I am, indeed, on the "lunatic Fringe", then I guess I am in pretty good company.
    Granted there are many ideas that come out of what some define as the "lunatic fringe" that never become mainstream, however, I would challenge you to find just one truly revolutionary idea that did not originate on the "lunatic fringe".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. TheProgressivePatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,718
    Really? Where? When? And it the SCOTUS

8. Fair&Balanced

Fair&Balanced BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,516

Where does COTUS say that the federal government doesn't have the authority to regulate marriage? How about in that little area where it says "Powers not delegated belong to the states and or people?"

Sheesh, have you even READ the Constitution.

9. TheProgressivePatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,718
    I damned sure have read the constitution. I have a copy on my desk,. Why do you people always cite the 10th Amendment and pretend that the 14th does not exist? . Powers reserved to the states are noy absolute include the power to regulate marriage. If you disagree with the ruling on same sex marriage you also have to disagree with the ruling on interracial marriage. Let me know when you're finished squirming on that one.

10. Fair&Balanced

Fair&Balanced BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,516

Man you REALLY arent getting this.

IF a state issues a license , yes the 14th applies and the federal government can FORCE states to issue licenses fairly.

IF a state does NOT issue licenses, the 14th doesn't apply b/c EVERYONE is being treated equally, as in NO ONE gets licenses.

IF a state just says "we don't require licenses to get married in our state" there is NOTHING the feds can do about it.

• Agree Agree x 1