Contacting a member of congress

I"ve contacted my Congressman and have spoken to him personally several times. He's a regular guy whom I don't agree with on everything but I respect immensely - Frank Lobiondo.

I"ve contacted my Congressman and have spoken to him personally several times. He's a regular guy whom I don't agree with on everything but I respect immensely - Frank Lobiondo.

Heather Wilson was my previous Congresswoman and she (or her staff) never failed to respond to every communication--phone call, fax, e-mail, telegram, snail mail, whatever. We lost her predecessor, Steve Schiff, to cancer, and I would have elected him God. He was the most honest, ethical, intelligent, and genuinely caring public servant that I have ever seen serve the people. He would send out questionaires by snail mail and I took some care to fill them out. He would return the questionaires with his comments written in his own handwriting in the margins along with a letter thanking me for my time and interest.

My current Congressman sends out a generic propaganda e-mail now and then but has yet to acknowledge an e-mail, snail mail, or phone call.

Lobiondo"s staff is great but what I really like about him is that the last time we spoke was on an airplane. He was traveling alone - Coach! I knew him 25 years ago when he worked at a trucking company. He has polished his vernacular but still has his principles. Hard to find that in politicians these days.

I e-mailed Senator Lugar (R-IND) and received a personal response and he also passed on his concerns to the state agency the issue I wrote him about. Although in the end I did not get the results I wanted the system worked for me. However I have e-mailed state representatives and a lot of times did not hear back from them.

Forum List

Back