Consumers create jobs.

When did I ever state that I studied Supply Side economics in college or that you did for that matter? I simply pointed out how inconceivable it is that someone who supposedly taught economics at the college level can't grasp the most basic economic principles now nor understand basic economic principles that were being taught back then.
Ah, oldstyle. You, the guy who posts drivel from some unqualified source, but is unable to find support from any other source, suggests that he, being oldstyle, understands economics. Which is really delusional. Then, having proven that he can not support his contention, as in what supply side economics is or what trickle down is, then suggests others do not know anything about economics. That is rich, oldstyle. Where are your sources, oldstyle. Do you see yet that posting con dogma does not provide you with the ability to find supporting sources??

I DID study Keynesian economics and your idiotic claim that raising taxes in a down economy is something that was advocated by Keynes is laughable.
I made no such claim. Just another of your lies. You know you lie, but you hope to not get caught. What I said was that in a down economy, stimulus spending is necessary to get the economy moving again. You may remember that from Keynsian econ, though it is part of other theories as well. I also said that to support it, you can do it in two ways. Borrow and increase the national debt. Or, increase taxes on the wealthy. Reagan did both. Remember. When his tax decreases drove us into a 10.8% unemployment rate. Which was, you may know being the economic expert that you believe you are, the highest rate from the great depression till today. Reagan increased taxes 11 times. You know that, oldstyle. You just seem to conveniently forget it. And he borrowed, and tripled the national debt. And you know that also, though you do seem to forget it. And he utilized stimulus spending to get us out of the mess we were in. Smart economics. So, oh economics expert, how do you explain that Reagan increased taxes 11 times and borrowed enough to triple the national debt when the economy was down? And if supply side economics works as you say it does, though you obviously do not understand it, why did he not follow supply side principles and DECREASE TAXES??? Simple answeer, oldstyle, BECAUSE SUPPLY SIDE ECONOMICS DID NOT WORK!!

Last edited:
in a down economy, stimulus spending is necessary to get the economy moving again.

Why not do it all the time to always get the economy moving faster and faster? Are you opposed to constant economic growth??

Or are you saying that a liberal can get the economy moving but only so fast??????

Forum List

Back