Consumerism Fables: Cartoon Craze

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a consumerism-metaphysics mock-dialogue between The Man in the Yellow Hat (the guardian of Curious George, the affable education-ideals cartoon monkey) and Baphomet (a manifestation of Satan, the Devil, or the adversary of God).

It was inspired by the numerous fortune-sculpted modern cartoons such as Richie Rich, Dungeons and Dragons, My Little Pony, and Fat Albert.

====

BAPHOMET: The essence of evil lies in the temptation to liberally use free-will rights...
MAN: Freedom and subordination comprise man's greatest political meditation, just as monkeys do!
BAPHOMET: However, man's conceptualizations of good and evil are much more dramatic than competition.
MAN: Wall Street is just as exciting as SeaWorld and the Church of Satan...
BAPHOMET: You can't compare religion to sociology. Would you compare Christianity with Cannibalism?
MAN: I think cannibalism may be evaluated in terms of prioritization-system rankings.
BAPHOMET: However, most orthodox Christians shy away from taboo-topics, leaving Satanism as 'liberals.'
MAN: Conservative Christians appreciate Duke basketball and Notre Dame TV and those are quite popular.
BAPHOMET: Why do American kids like the demonic comic book super-villain Toyman (DC Comics)?
MAN: Toyman symbolizes a civilization paranoia regarding the misuse of tools and technology!
BAPHOMET: I would argue that Toyman will always linger in the social subconscious (as long as USA reigns).
MAN: Americans like comic books, because they present characters/avatars representing absolute ethics.
BAPHOMET: These characters are outlandish(!) --- Toyman, Brainiac, Nucear Man, Doctor Doom (eewww).
MAN: The Marvel Comics character Daredevil is an offbeat 'vigilante' symbolizing the 'drama' of urban havens.
BAPHOMET: That's clever, given that you always spend time with your monkey-friend, Curious George...
MAN: George to me is like a companion who provides everyone around him with a sense of harmless wonder.
BAPHOMET: Beware the green-eyed monster and the urge to steal/shoplift...
MAN: George would never steal anything fragile.

====

The Dollhouse

====

UNION JACK: American girls like Barbie dolls and My Little Pony!
RED NINJA: Consumerism is making dolls very symbolic of macro-consciousness...
UNION JACK: The Civil War paved the way for multiculturalism in America.
RED NINJA: However, video games are changing 'maturity perspective.'
UNION JACK: There are history-themed trivia board-games...
RED NINJA: No one cares about making history 'fun.'
UNION JACK: I disagree; many students appreciate an immersive history lesson.
RED NINJA: Many modern films dramatize history nicely (Excalibur, Ravenous).
UNION JACK: Boorman's Excalibur (about Camelot) is ornate, while Antonia Bird's Ravenous (about cannibalism) is primal.
RED NINJA: Attitudes toward events in history and the 'experience of iconic culture' are affected by 'society chit-chat.'
UNION JACK: That's really what many modern magazines explore...
RED NINJA: The Internet is a giant magazine!
UNION JACK: Wikipedia and Facebook are dialogue-promoting hubs.
RED NINJA: Do you prefer Consumer Reports to Popular Science (magazines)?
UNION JACK: I like the modernism book Megatrends...
RED NINJA: It's funny how so many cereals are marketed with colorful avatars (Tony the Tiger, Lucky the Leprechaun)!

====

dolls2.jpg

Forum List

Back