Consumer Confidence Highest in Five Years

PredFan, the knowledgable American who just read you is laughing at you right now.

Anyone who claims that Bush was responsible for what happened to the economy deserves only to be pointed at and laughed at.

This proves what I've said before - rw's don't pay attention and don't bother to EDUCATE THEMSELVES.

It's so ludicrous, the UE number drops a half a point in 2 months using data that suggests 873,000 more jobs in this economy? Or consumer confidence rises to the highest in 5 years? When the GDP is growing this year at a rate less than last year, which was less than the year before? And this stuff comes out the month befoe the presidential election, and you want me to accept it as correct? Bull fuckin' shit, somebody somewhere fudged the numbers.

The three posts above of the far extremist righties immediately above are contradicted by the economic indicators of January 2009, that which Obama inherited and thereafter, and that which we have today. Our GOP has stonewalled in Congress, simply to win an election. I will still vote Republican but I won't approve of unAmerican behavior, in my opinion.

Honestly, who on this board is confident of the future of the economy. What in the hell is there to be confident about? The only thing I can think is that it is like the wife running up the credit cards and the husband not knowing thinking everything is fine.

5 years ago, Bush was well into his 2nd term as POTUS. So you are implying that obama has finally risen to Bush's level.

Obama has finally got the country in recovery, after suffering through years of the Bush disaster. Bush delivered the greatest economic collapse since the Great Depression. Now Willard wants to return to the Bush days.

Consumer Confidence up and Unemployment is dropping. Obama will point these things out on Tuesday night.:clap2:

How can we be in a recovery when major economic indicators are sliding backwards?

LAMBRO: Obama's Orwellian economy - Washington Times

The overall economy barely grew by 1.7 percent in the second quarter, down from 2.0 percent in the first three months of 2012. Business economists have lowered their forecasts to 1.5 percent or lower for the year. The Federal Reserve Board says it will keep its interest rates near zero for the foreseeable future because they expect the economy to remain in a weakened condition for several years to come.
Nevertheless, in the fourth insufferable year of Mr. Obama's term in office, the unemployment rate climbed in 26 states, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistic

The Bureau of Labor Statistics also reports that the number of working Americans shrank last month as payrolls fell in 21 states, the result of tens of millions of discouraged workers who have stopped looking for a job and are no longer counted.
The U.S. Census Bureau reported on Sept. 12 that real median household income last year was $50,054, "a 1.5 percent decline from the 2010 median and the second consecutive annual drop."

The data-gathering agency also reported that median family household income declined by 1.7 percent in real terms last year, and that median household income was 8.1 percent lower than in 2007, the year before the economy fell into a deep recession. Moreover, it further reported that the nation's official poverty rate was a record 15 percent in 2011, with 46.2 million people in poverty.

That doesn't sound like a "recovery" to me

As I have been saying for the last 3 years, as the election gets closer the economic news will be reported as getting better. It ain't but that does not matter to the lying left.

Forum List

Back