Constitutional Rights and Engaging the Police

Andrew_10022

Rookie
Jun 12, 2015
Recently the was a confrontation in McKinney Texas and police officer Eric Casebolt was clearly out of control. Here is a link if some of you are not aware of the incident.

Eric Casebolt s Attorney Outlines Officer s Actions On Day Pool Party Video Was Taken

My question is when he asked the 14 year old girl to disperse the private property that she was unlawfully trespassing on she refused to disperse which is a crime (2 crimes total if I am correct on the law).

Did he violate her constitutional rights by detaining her even if she was not arrested after being detained?

Did he violate her constitutional rights by being handling her in the physical matter that he did?

Recently the was a confrontation in McKinney Texas and police officer Eric Casebolt was clearly out of control. Here is a link if some of you are not aware of the incident.

Eric Casebolt s Attorney Outlines Officer s Actions On Day Pool Party Video Was Taken

My question is when he asked the 14 year old girl to disperse the private property that she was unlawfully trespassing on she refused to disperse which is a crime (2 crimes total if I am correct on the law).

Did he violate her constitutional rights by detaining her even if she was not arrested after being detained?

Did he violate her constitutional rights by being handling her in the physical matter that he did?
You are assuming that she was trespassing. It is a community pool and anyone in the community can have guests. If she were invited and honestly believed that she was allowed to be there, she was not trespassing. And not sure what you mean by her refusing to disperse. He simply yelled at her and told her leave. Where was she supposed to go? And why was he forcing all of the African American kids to "get on the ground" How did he have any way of knowing whether they lived there, as some did; whether they were there at the invitation of a resident, as some were? He was wrong; he seems to realize he was wrong and, frankly, given his acknowledgement of that and his apology, I don't think it was necessary for him to resign.

I am an old guy. 71 - nearly 72. In my day, you did not "interact" with the police. If they told you to move on - you moved on. If you didn't - you got your head split open and spent the night in jail (I know - as a young punk, I made that mistake and me, and three of my friends found out the hard way).

Today? Every clown out there wants to debate - then record a lawful order. I have no love for cops (and I do NOT know the circumstances of this particular incident). Smart move? Cop tells you to move on - get on your horse and ride. Stay and mouth off - probably get the shit kicked out of you.

As a black man - I can not tell you the times that guys I know - both black and white - fell down the stairs on the way to the police station.

I am an old guy. 71 - nearly 72. In my day, you did not "interact" with the police. If they told you to move on - you moved on. If you didn't - you got your head split open and spent the night in jail (I know - as a young punk, I made that mistake and me, and three of my friends found out the hard way).

Today? Every clown out there wants to debate - then record a lawful order. I have no love for cops (and I do NOT know the circumstances of this particular incident). Smart move? Cop tells you to move on - get on your horse and ride. Stay and mouth off - probably get the shit kicked out of you.

As a black man - I can not tell you the times that guys I know - both black and white - fell down the stairs on the way to the police station.
This is not your day. The police need to understand that there are limits to their authority. This cop learned that the hard way. Hopefully others will take heed.

The girl should have dispersed.

The cop was within his right to disperse the gathering. Only 10 guests could have been invited and more than 100 crashed the party.

The girl should have dispersed.

The cop was within his right to disperse the gathering. Only 10 guests could have been invited and more than 100 crashed the party.
You have no idea how many were invited. Disperse where? She was outside the pool on a public sidewalk in a bikini. Maybe she had to wait for her parents to pick her up or she came with the other young people he illegally detained.

She and all her friends illegally entered the pool area. There are numerous reports saying this. They got violent attacked the Pool security and refused to leave when told too. THAT is why the cops were called. That is why they arrived and that is why they ordered these criminals to leave. She CHOSE to ignore a legal order to leave. She paid the price. By the way? It was not just black kids illegally in the pool area. Further the report I read said a DJ near by text-ed them to come charged them 15 dollars illegally and told them to go to the pool. Hopefully he was arrested.

She and all her friends illegally entered the pool area. There are numerous reports saying this. They got violent attacked the Pool security and refused to leave when told too. THAT is why the cops were called. That is why they arrived and that is why they ordered these criminals to leave. She CHOSE to ignore a legal order to leave. She paid the price. By the way? It was not just black kids illegally in the pool area. Further the report I read said a DJ near by text-ed them to come charged them 15 dollars illegally and told them to go to the pool. Hopefully he was arrested.
Making up your facts is a novel way to argue. No one entered the pool illegally. If they were invited by a resident and the resident who threw the party said she did invite them, then they were lawfully there. And your use of the word they is pretty telling. Who are they? You are just like the cop. They are any black person he saw, regardless of what that individual did. And the story about the dj inviting and charging was made up. Never happened. No one at the pool made that claim. This all started when two white women confronted invited black guests. Criminals? Racist fuck!

Do you reading, paddy. More than 100 kids crashed the party.

Time for "move along, nothing to see."

Which kids crashed and which were invited? I know, the black ones crashed...right? The lady who hosted the party said she invited many of the kids. If they were invited, they did not crash.

Which kids crashed and which were invited? I know, the black ones crashed...right? The lady who hosted the party said she invited many of the kids. If they were invited, they did not crash.
Rules are ten guests, period. The rest, black and white, invited themselves. Considering the situation, all should have been told to hit the road, jack, you are causing a disruption.

The cop handled the girl appropriately. Bucs90 would have smacked her across the back of the head to get her attention.

The pulling of the gun was absolutely idiotic and the resignation appropriate.

Rules are ten guests, period. The rest, black and white, invited themselves. Considering the situation, all should have been told to hit the road, jack, you are causing a disruption.

The cop handled the girl appropriately. Bucs90 would have smacked her across the back of the head to get her attention.

And the kids who were invited above the ten know this how? He handled the girl like a gutless bully would. And Bucs90 is a bigger asshole than the cop if that is what he would have done.

And the kids who were invited above the ten know this how? He handled the girl like a gutless bully would. And Bucs90 is a bigger asshole than the cop if that is what he would have done.
All they had to do was do as the police instructed.

Then complained later. The young lady was lucky she was not injured.

All they had to do was do as the police instructed.

Then complained later. The young lady was lucky she was not injured.
They did. He arrested her cause he was pissed. Not because she did anything justifying his assault.

Making up your facts is a novel way to argue. No one entered the pool illegally. If they were invited by a resident and the resident who threw the party said she did invite them, then they were lawfully there. And your use of the word they is pretty telling. Who are they? You are just like the cop. They are any black person he saw, regardless of what that individual did. And the story about the dj inviting and charging was made up. Never happened. No one at the pool made that claim. This all started when two white women confronted invited black guests. Criminals? Racist fuck!
RETARD alert. 100 kids crashed the pool and fought with security and destroyed property. They, you know all the kids white black or green , that illegally entered the pool were ordered to leave INCLUDING this girl.

The only person in this thread making up facts is you.

Paddy, there were rules of 2 guests per resident. Even if the rules put no number on that, if you are invited to someones place, and are then told to leave by the owner and in this case, the property security guard, and do not you are illegally trespassing. Also if you are asked to disperse private property by a police officer and you do not, you are breaking the law for failure to disperse and police can lawfully detain you. I am still trying to try to understand if any of her rights were violated.

Did the cop violate her constitutional rights by detaining her even if she was not arrested after being detained?

get the "liberal" MESSAGE, folks. Black people really SHOULD get away with ANYTHING, just because they are black! Ditto women, of course.

Forum List

Back