Constitutional Issues Forum?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I see lots of threads in the Law and Justice System forum. Most have nothing specific to do with constitutional issues. Is there support out there for a forum where threads on constitutional issues like 'nullification' and 'states rights' and the role(s) of branches of government can be separated away from the 'Zimmerman' and "Ferguson' type rants?

Maybe make legal cases in the news a subforum? I don't know. Something to think about. The politics section gets some threads on constitutional issues but they all get buried there too

yours truly
Alexander Hamilton

I see lots of threads in the Law and Justice System forum. Most have nothing specific to do with constitutional issues. Is there support out there for a forum where threads on constitutional issues like 'nullification' and 'states rights' and the role(s) of branches of government can be separated away from the 'Zimmerman' and "Ferguson' type rants?

Maybe make legal cases in the news a subforum? I don't know. Something to think about. The politics section gets some threads on constitutional issues but they all get buried there too

yours truly
Alexander Hamilton

Dude, that is a VERY good idea.

cereal_killer - I think that a standalone constitutional issues subforum would be an excellent thing to have.

I like it. Let's discuss the 10th Amendment.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

To start, here is food for thought:

Our latest constitutional debate What s the 10th Amendment mean MinnPost

Save it for the new forum/sub forum -- wait a few days. If nothing happens we'll tackle it in what's available and hope it doesn't get swamped by in the wave of inanities

Dante, victory is almost in sight!!! Constitutionalists of the world, rejoice!
Good gawd, constitutionalists are almost as awful as -- well constitutionalists.
The snag is the 'literalists' and libertarians will just whine about how every Supreme Court decision is 'wrong,' up to and including Marbury.

Unfortunately one fails to see the point.

Dante, victory is almost in sight!!! Constitutionalists of the world, rejoice!
Good gawd, constitutionalists are almost as awful as -- well constitutionalists.
The snag is the 'literalists' and libertarians will just whine about how every Supreme Court decision is 'wrong,' up to and including Marbury.

Unfortunately one fails to see the point.
yep, and most ignore distinctions like 'textualists' and 'strict constructionists' they not being academics. just playing academics online

Forum List

Back