Constitutional Carry signed by Governor in Arizona today!!!

You retards keep saying that at every passing of an open or concealed carry law and it has YET to happen. For about 10 years now you have resorted to that claim and yet NOT once has it happened. Go figure.

I would be willing to bet you five thousand dollars that, at least once, in the next ten years, some innocent person is going to get shot by a civilian carrying a weapon in the state of AZ.

Wanna bet?
I am willing to bet you that, at least once, in the next ten years, some criminal scumbag is going to try and rob some innocent person and get shot in the face by a civilian carrying a weapon on the state of AZ.

Wanna bet?

Ah, my friend - but I wasn't saying this wouldn't happen. Retired-Guy was claiming the opposite never happens, i.e., a good guy getting shot by another good guy.

I'm sure that some scumbag robber will get "shot in the face" as you put it. I wonder how many drunks who insult someone else's gal in a bar, or how many participants in a road rage incident are going to get "shot in the face" as well.

Crime vs Gun Ownership | DataMasher

Check out the table and look at the states that have the highest percent of households with loaded guns

That table makes no sense.

Here are the facts.

[FONT=arial,arial]These are the 13 states with the most pro-Second Amendment laws according to the Brady Center (Oklahoma being the most pro-Second Amendment in the nation) with total firearm murders from 2007 according to the FBI and population from the Census Bureau:[/FONT]​

----------State-----------------------------# of Firearm Homicides-----------Population

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Arkansas ----------------------130 ------------2,810,872
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Idaho -------------------------------------------------25 ---------------------1,466,465[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]New Mexico ---------------------------------------81 ---------------------1,954,599[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]South Dakota ---------------------------------------4 -----------------------781,919[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]West Virginia --------------------------------------37 --------------------1,818,470[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Mississippi ---------------------------------------119 ---------------------2,910,540[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Alaska -----------------------------------------------21 --------------------- 670,053[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Louisiana ------------------------------------------455----------------------4,287,768[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Missouri -------------------------------------------247 ---------------------5,842,713[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]North Dakota ----------------------------------------3 -----------------------635,867[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Utah ---------------------------------------------------38 --------------------2,550,063[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Kentucky ------------------------------------------131 --------------------4,206,074[/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial,arial]Oklahoma -------------------------------- --------132 --------------------3,579,212[/FONT]
And the 13 strictest gun control states according to the Brady Center (California being the strictest in the nation) with total firearm murders from 2007 according to the FBI and population from the Census Bureau:

• California -----------------------1,605-----36,457,549
  • New Jersey ----------------------260-------8,724,560
  • Connecticut ----------------------57 -------3,504,809
  • Massachusetts ------------------114 -------6,437,193
  • Maryland ------------------------414------- 5,615,727
  • New York ------------------------500 -----19,306,183
  • Rhode Island -------------------- --9 ------ 1,067,610
  • Hawaii -----------------------------3 -------1,285,498
  • Illinois ---------------------------343* -----12,831,970
  • Pennsylvania ---------------------527 ------12,440,621
  • Michigan -------------------------444 ------10,095,643
  • Delaware--------------------------22 ---------853,476
  • North Carolina--------------------369 --------8,856,505
* incomplete data received by the FBI

The District of Columbia is not listed on the Brady Center ranking list but it did have the strictest gun control in the nation in 2007:

• District of Columbia-----------------181--------581,530
So here is the break down for firearm homicides per number of citizens per state plus the District of Columbia with Washington D.C. being the most dangerous place to live with 1 out of every 3,212 residents murdered by firearms and Hawaii being the safest with 1 out of every 428,499 residents murdered by firearms.

The number listed is the population divided by the total firearm homicides to render 1 homicide per (X) number of residents. (Red are Strict Gun Control, Blue are Pro-gun)

1. District of Columbia -----------1 / 3,212
  2. Louisiana ---------------------1 / 9,423
  3. Maryland ---------------------1 / 13,564
  4. Arkansas ---------------------1 / 21,622
  5. California ---------------------1 / 22,714
  6. Michigan ---------------------1 / 22,737
  7. Pennsylvania -----------------1 / 23,606
  8. Missouri ----------------------1 / 23,654
  9. North Carolina ----------------1 / 24,001
  10. New Mexico ------------------1 / 24,130
  11. Mississippi --------------------1 / 24,458
  12. Oklahoma --------------------1 / 25,115
  13. Alaska -----------------------1 / 31,907
  14. Kentucky ---------------------1 / 32,107
  15. New Jersey -------------------1 / 33,556
  16. Illinois ------------------------1 / 37,410
  17. New York ---------------------1 / 38,612
  18. Delaware ---------------------1 / 38,794
  19. West Virgina ------------------1 / 49,147
  20. Massachusetts ----------------1 / 56,466
  21. Idaho -------------------------1 / 58,658
  22. Connecticut -------------------1 / 61,487
  23. Utah --------------------------1 / 67,106
  24. Rhode Island -------------------1 / 118,623
  25. South Dakota ------------------1 / 195,479
  26. North Dakota -------------------1 / 211,955
  27. Hawaii -------------------------1 / 428,499
Bottom line, stricter firearm laws have no effect on firearm homicides.

That is why the Brady Center doesn't use actual firearm homicides even though the firearm homicides are provided by the FBI online every year.

Link to FBI Stats Table 20 - Crime in the United States 2007

Link to Brady Center state rankings list http://www.stategunlaws.org/xshare/p...d_rankings.pdf

Population from the U.S. Census Bureau State and County QuickFacts

Wikipedia Firearm Homicides for the District of Columbia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.

This blog is entirely my own work and research...reproduce it freely in support of the 2nd amendment.

Compare that to your table...California and D.C. are in the gray on your table, yet they are at and near the top on firearm homicides.

Last edited:
Oh well time will tell how this works out in AZ.

Why not just an open carry? Why did they have to be concealed?

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet you five thousand dollars that, at least once, in the next ten years, some innocent person is going to get shot by a civilian carrying a weapon in the state of AZ.

Wanna bet?
I am willing to bet you that, at least once, in the next ten years, some criminal scumbag is going to try and rob some innocent person and get shot in the face by a civilian carrying a weapon on the state of AZ.

Wanna bet?

Ah, my friend - but I wasn't saying this wouldn't happen. Retired-Guy was claiming the opposite never happens, i.e., a good guy getting shot by another good guy.

I'm sure that some scumbag robber will get "shot in the face" as you put it. I wonder how many drunks who insult someone else's gal in a bar, or how many participants in a road rage incident are going to get "shot in the face" as well.

Straight up lie, provide for me a quote where I EVER said no innocent bystander would ever get shot. YOU claim it will be the wild west and THAT claim has been used for years as each State passes new and less restrictive rules on open carry and concealed carry. AND it has NEVER happened. No shoot outs in the streets, no shoot outs in the bars, no shoots between law abiding citizens at ALL.

Today, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) signed an important NRA-backed bill into law, which removes the licensure requirement for law-abiding citizens who choose to carry a concealed firearm in the state of Arizona. Senate Bill 1108 passed the state House on April 8, by a vote of 36-19 with five absent votes and the state Senate by a vote of 20-10 in late March.

“This is a major victory for gun owners in Arizona, and I would like to thank Governor Jan Brewer, as well as the primary bill sponsor, Senator Russell Pearce (R-Mesa), for their leadership in working to improve the self-defense rights of law-abiding citizens in Arizona," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA-ILA. “Both Governor Brewer and state Senator Pearce have been strong supporters of the NRA. The NRA is also grateful to the legislators who voted for this measure making Arizona the third state in the nation behind Vermont and Alaska to offer its residents a constitutional carry option."

SB 1108 replaces Arizona’s former law, which required anyone who wished to defend themselves outside their home to possess a state-issued concealed carry permit. In Arizona’s constitution, Article 2, Section 26 states "the right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired…" The intention of this language could not be clearer.

Arizona residents will still be required to obtain a permit to carry concealed firearms across state lines in those states that have reciprocity agreements with Arizona.

"SB 1108 will enhance the rights of law-abiding Arizonans," concluded Cox.
The effective date for this bill has yet to be determined.

-NRA-
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America’s oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. Four million members strong, NRA continues its mission to uphold Second Amendment rights and to advocate enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the military.

NRA-ILA :: Governor Brewer Signs Arizona Constitutional Carry into Law

This was posted Friday the 16th. :eusa_clap:

I'm a card carrying liberal and I support this.

Wanna bet?

Wanna bet?

Surely you can cite some cases where this has happened in other states, right?

How long ago?

There is a violent crime every 18 minutes in Arizona

http://www.azdps.gov/About/Reports/docs/Crime_In_Arizona_Report_2008.pdf

Its not your state so its not your problem. You obviously feel that gun bans make you safe and have them in your state which, according to your logic, makes you safe so why are you so concerned about others? You are living your life the way you want and that should be what anyone really wants in life. The freedom to be live your life as you wish.

Forum List

Back