Constitutional amendment.

Zhukov said:
Well, I think now is a great time to propose the following Constitutional Amendment:

AMENDMENT XXVIII

The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

I would agree but.....

I opposed it when people floated the idea for Clinton...... and I do NOT want to be a hypocrite. Okay, maybe this one time!

Please I can't stand to hear that name anymore, it drives me to :alco:

freeandfun1 said:
I would agree but.....

I opposed it when people floated the idea for Clinton...... and I do NOT want to be a hypocrite. Okay, maybe this one time!

See, even understanding what the result would be, I still supported it during Clinton's tenure.

I think the XXII'nd is a violation of my rights, pure and simple. I'd have to say it's a violation of both Pres. Clinton's and Pres. Bush's rights too.

Zhukov said:
Well, I think now is a great time to propose the following Constitutional Amendment:

AMENDMENT XXVIII

The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?????????

The 22nd amendment will prevent Hillary from running in 2008 since she has been president twice already!!!!!!!!!

Zhukov said:
See, even understanding what the result would be, I still supported it during Clinton's tenure.

I think the XXII'nd is a violation of my rights, pure and simple. I'd have to say it's a violation of both Pres. Clinton's and Pres. Bush's rights too.

I don't understand Z. Why do you think it's a violation of your rights?

You have no "right" to hold office at all, you must be elected. If elected
why would you think you have a right to remain in office beyond the term inposed by the will of the people, in this case reflected by the Constitution?

Mr. P said:
I don't understand Z. Why do you think it's a violation of your rights?

Because I can't vote for Pres. Bush to be the President ever again. I could vote for some 70 million other people, but not him. I don't think that's fair.

The only 35+ year-old native born Americans who can't run for President are two-term Presidents. Why?

The only thing that should block their re-election is the vote, not some arbitrary amendment.

That's just my opinion.

Zhukov said:
Because I can't vote for Pres. Bush to be the President ever again. I could vote for some 70 million other people, but not him. I don't think that's fair.

The only 35+ year-old native born Americans who can't run for President are two-term Presidents. Why?

The only thing that should block their re-election is the vote, not some arbitrary amendment.

That's just my opinion.

Ahhhhhhhh come on you're joking.

Then I would have to dig into my closet for my Jackboots,
Let’s just throw out the dirty old constitution and declare him the new life long Emperor

Zhukov said:
Not at all. I think the same guy should be President for life if people keep voting for him.

Why not?

Well, I understand what your saying for sure, I think the amendment has a very important
purpose. I'm surprised it wasn't law before the forties.

It's that purpose, as I understand it, that would prevent one individual
from destroying the Country. Or allowing one enough time to form a coup and become a dictator.

Mr. P said:
Well, I understand what your saying for sure, I think the amendment has a very important
purpose. I'm surprised it wasn't law before the forties.

It's that purpose, as I understand it, that would prevent one individual
from destroying the Country. Or allowing one enough time to form a coup and become a dictator.

Yeah I understand why they thought it was a good idea. But if people are stupid enough to continually elect someone who is destroying the country they get what they deserve.

See, as you correctly point out, the XXII'nd is a barrier against elector stupidity. I'm not so sure we should have such a barrier.

Yes, I call them my Pumkin Smashers, don't let my soft side fool you, my heart does not bleed.

Zhukov said:
But if people are stupid enough to continually elect someone who is destroying the country they get what they deserve.
My thoughts exactly, all those stupid religious people who buy into the charms of a snake oil salesman holding a Bible, will get what they deserve. That is what they getting for letting a Wolf in sheeps a hide, heard them around by appealing to their ignorant Dogma.

White knight said:
My thoughts exactly, all those stupid religious people who buy into the charms of a snake oil salesman holding a Bible, will get what they deserve. That is what they getting for letting a Wolf in sheeps a hide, heard them around by appealing to their ignorant Dogma.

I'm not a religious person, just one who has the ability to see clearly and use common sense. Some day you'll grow up and have a shot at it too.

Forum List

Back