Constantine Anyone??

no1tovote4 said:
I love end of the world flicks. I will probably be seeing that one too.

Yeah I think it's about the last fight of good vs evil....I saw the making of it...Im sure there are some hoakey moments but it has potential, if nothing else to just be entertaining for an hour and a half and I get to eat movie popcorn which is so much better then Reddenbacher!

I think Keanu revives his Neo character in this somewhat.

He plays a character named John Constantine from the DC/Vertigo comic
Hellblazer. A tough roll to get right.

It looks interesting but I will pass. I will wait untill I hear that this movie is the most worthwhile show since Star Wars and a must see at the theatres.

Meanwhile, since I have not heard that , I will wait untill its on a sale clearance in the video shop.

i dont know, everything ive read about this so far says its a waste of money. going to go have to see for myself.

I liked it, thought it was good.

But then, I also enjoyed Star Wars 1 and 2 and thought Matrix revolutions was the best of the three. So take my advice with a pillar of salt.

I saw it on Friday and enjoyed it.

Now, that being said, its not a "film" its a "movie." That's the distinction I always make when I see anything in the theatre...there isn't much else to do in the town I am presently stuck in, so I see almost everything that comes out, whether its crap or not...but Constantine was an enjoyable flick, provided you dont go in expecting to be wowed with a film dealing with man's deep seated struggle understanding good and evil and the possibilities that lie there within. ;)

Keanu was good, not outstanding, but in no way terrible. I thought Tilda Swinton was brilliant as the angel, Gabriel. I've liked her since she portrayed Orlando....she's odd, but interesting to watch. She and the man who played Lucifer (know the actor, blanking on his name) brought a strange humor to their characters that was fun. I wasn't thrilled with Gavin Rossdale in the movie, he should stick to music, but it didn't really take away anything from the movie.

Anyway, a good popcorn flick...go if you are able to enjoy things without taking them too seriously.

To those who have seen the movie...I heard it mentioned that Nick Cage was the original choice for Constantine...do you think that would have made the movie better? worse?

Gem said:

Now, that being said, its not a "film" its a "movie." That's the distinction I always make when I see anything in the theatre...there isn't much else to do in the town I am presently stuck in, so I see almost everything that comes out, whether its crap or not...but Constantine was an enjoyable flick, provided you dont go in expecting to be wowed with a film dealing with man's deep seated struggle understanding good and evil and the possibilities that lie there within. ;)

Keanu was good, not outstanding, but in no way terrible. I thought Tilda Swinton was brilliant as the angel, Gabriel. I've liked her since she portrayed Orlando....she's odd, but interesting to watch. She and the man who played Lucifer (know the actor, blanking on his name) brought a strange humor to their characters that was fun. I wasn't thrilled with Gavin Rossdale in the movie, he should stick to music, but it didn't really take away anything from the movie.

Anyway, a good popcorn flick...go if you are able to enjoy things without taking them too seriously.

To those who have seen the movie...I heard it mentioned that Nick Cage was the original choice for Constantine...do you think that would have made the movie better? worse?
Actually Yes, Keanu was the second choice, he dropped out on the movie
during early production. They then considered the former wrestler known
as Sting since he fit a better description of John Constantine. Keanu
eventually jumped back on board. Look for Nick Cage to star in the comic
movie "Ghost Rider" as the main character "Johnny Blaze".
Here is a great site for comic movie info...
Comic Book Movies

Oh ya, I saw this movie on Saturday, loved it. They could have gone
more into detail about John Constantine and his past but they can do
that in a sequel.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Actually Yes, Keanu was the second choice, he dropped out on the movie
during early production. They then considered the former wrestler known
as Sting since he fit a better description of John Constantine. Keanu
eventually jumped back on board. Look for Nick Cage to star in the comic
movie "Ghost Rider" as the main character "Johnny Blaze".
Here is a great site for comic movie info...
Comic Book Movies

Oh ya, I saw this movie on Saturday, loved it. They could have gone
more into detail about John Constantine and his past but they can do
that in a sequel.

they need a suicide squad movie!

Gem said:

Now my parents saw it today and had a similar reaction. They enjoyed it, said it was stylish and interesting.

Just saw it with my roommate. I was actually surprised at how good it was, considering I mainly went just to have something to do. There were a lot of things that didn't make much sense to me, not even in the "reality" of the movie, but I won't get into those until more people have seen it. Tilda Swanson was good as Gabriel, there is something implacably cool about her.

My biggest complaint with the movie is Keanu Reeves. I cannot stand his acting at all, the only thing I could ever stand him in is in the Bill & Ted movies. I honestly don't get how he's so popular. Every one of his lines in this movie, as well as most of his others, sound like he just has someone whispering in his ear "okay, now say 'asshole'". A lot of his stuff just took me out of the movie.

But, yeah, it was good. Luckily, I haven't read the comic because I heard they changed it a whole lot. I read a quote from the director that said something to the effect that they wanted to keep Constantine British, but they changed it once they realized that Keanu couldn't do the accent. I liked Gem's comment that it is a movie not a film, that fits very well. It is very entertaining, but it doesn't have a ton of stuff to really think about.

That said, I'd really like to discuss the movie with those who have already seen it, so if anyone has a problem with me revealing spoilers about it in this thread, I'll make a new thread.

Dan said:
Just saw it with my roommate. I was actually surprised at how good it was, considering I mainly went just to have something to do. There were a lot of things that didn't make much sense to me, not even in the "reality" of the movie, but I won't get into those until more people have seen it. Tilda Swanson was good as Gabriel, there is something implacably cool about her.

My biggest complaint with the movie is Keanu Reeves. I cannot stand his acting at all, the only thing I could ever stand him in is in the Bill & Ted movies. I honestly don't get how he's so popular. Every one of his lines in this movie, as well as most of his others, sound like he just has someone whispering in his ear "okay, now say 'asshole'". A lot of his stuff just took me out of the movie.

But, yeah, it was good. Luckily, I haven't read the comic because I heard they changed it a whole lot. I read a quote from the director that said something to the effect that they wanted to keep Constantine British, but they changed it once they realized that Keanu couldn't do the accent. I liked Gem's comment that it is a movie not a film, that fits very well. It is very entertaining, but it doesn't have a ton of stuff to really think about.

That said, I'd really like to discuss the movie with those who have already seen it, so if anyone has a problem with me revealing spoilers about it in this thread, I'll make a new thread.

Rachel weis = hot. I love that girl.

Yes, three things I forgot to mention:

Rachel Weisz (not sure how to spell it) is really beautiful and a good actress.

Gavin Rossdale did much better than I thought he would.

Peter Stormare (Lucifer) did a really good job making the devil really creepy in a realistic way.

Forum List

Back