Considering Dubai for Vacation? You may want to rethink that.

Apart from the Pyramids and the Sphinx, why would anyone go to the Middle East for vacation?

If you have to ask that, don't go. Please. I would prefer the pig ignorant among us not travel to foreign shores.... just in case other countries think we're all stupid.

Believe me Toots, I have absolutely no intention of ever visiting the Middle East.

One way or another, they already get enough of my money.

I'm sure those countries will survive without your vacation money. Your loss, their gain.

It is quite straightfoward. When going to a foreign country, remember you are a visitor in their land and behave accordingly. I've been to Dubai and Jordon, Tunisia and Egypt. They are all great countries - charming people. I haven't been arrested.

Egypt is not so "charming" if you happen to have the great misfortune of being a Christian Copt persecuted and murdered by rabid IslamoNazis.

Jordan is not very charming if you are being tortured in one of their jails or if you're a Palestinian being stripped of your citizenship.

Dubai, your great country, is a major trading partner with Iran, a leading state sponsor of terrorism and the primary conduit for purchasing illegal arms from Iran.

Have fun on your next vacation!

Actually, I said the people are charming. Not their political systems. I said the shopping in Dubai is great, not it's political system. Could you try and respond to my actual words and not what you think I said. Fucking idiot.

Dubai is bankrupt, hun, so the shopping must be sooooo great. :cuckoo:

If you have to ask that, don't go. Please. I would prefer the pig ignorant among us not travel to foreign shores.... just in case other countries think we're all stupid.

Believe me Toots, I have absolutely no intention of ever visiting the Middle East.

I'm sure those countries will survive without your vacation money. Your loss, their gain.

My loss?

Shit, if I want to see squallor, I'll take a trip to Camden, NJ or a drive through Appalchia.

Egypt is not so "charming" if you happen to have the great misfortune of being a Christian Copt persecuted and murdered by rabid IslamoNazis.

Jordan is not very charming if you are being tortured in one of their jails or if you're a Palestinian being stripped of your citizenship.

Dubai, your great country, is a major trading partner with Iran, a leading state sponsor of terrorism and the primary conduit for purchasing illegal arms from Iran.

Have fun on your next vacation!

Actually, I said the people are charming. Not their political systems. I said the shopping in Dubai is great, not it's political system. Could you try and respond to my actual words and not what you think I said. Fucking idiot.

Don't call me 'hun', unless you are sexist as well as stupid. I'm aware that Dubai is having significant financial problems..... that's hardly a novel thing around the world.

My loss?

Shit, if I want to see squallor, I'll take a trip to Camden, NJ or a drive through Appalchia.

Gee, you're clearly a well traveled individual. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Do you even have a passport?

Don't call me 'hun', unless you are sexist as well as stupid. I'm aware that Dubai is having significant financial problems..... that's hardly a novel thing around the world.

Not many countries in bankruptcy other than Dubai, hun.

In general: Don't travel to a country with which the US has serious diplomatic problems, tending to be even hostile.
Apart from that, I would say it is safe to travel even into authocratic countries if you behave defensive, and your natural instinct is not heavily affected by alcohol or other things.
I was in Syria and Iran already. No problems.
Other countries of Mid-East countries I did not visit.
Next travel will hopefully be Russia, this month visas will be abolished between Russia and Turkey.

(....)
Say one word against Turkey in Turkey and find yourself transplanted to a Turkey prison.(...)

Turkey hosts every year Tourists of about 27 million foreigners. Trend is rising.

Police Statistics reveal for last 9 years:
- 170,9 million foreigners arrived
- 168,1 Million left

Only in last 9 years, 2,8 Million foreigners decided to stay permanently in Turkey.

General Directorat of Public Order (Police)
(look for tables in middle)
LINK: Emniyet Genel Müdürlügü

Last edited:
Dry heat.

The Levant is open-air museum, land on which many different cultures have left their mark on. Off course, it is also a question of how these countries administer and care for this cultural heritage which is not always directly connected to the ruling people of modern times.

Forum List

Back