Consider the word "constitution"

You want the government to have less and less power?

Fine. That will create a power vacuum. What will fill the power vacuum? The entity most capable of wielding power.

Who/what is that? The corporations, of course.

Alex Trebek: Ohhh, I'm sorry. The correct answer was "The states...the states"

my grandfather use to speak fondly about the days when we had smaller government...;

men working in coal mines for no money at all and breathing in toxic fumes from which they died early deaths

corporations, underpaying their slave-workers, dumping toxic waste in our back yards to save money so they could give even BIGGER profits to the CEO/president/owner so he could buy yet another multimillion dollar mansion

people living in poverty and degradation

working 6 days a week, 12-16 hours per day for practically no money

families living in tar paper shacks

womens lives ruined if they had sex outside of marriage, got pregnant, or...worse...DIVORCED!

being able to call women SLUTS and WHORES if they had sex at all outside of marriage (though it was alwasy a mans right)

keeping those uppity n-g-rs down, the way the white christian god intended

and the fun we had when we found out someone was gay so 8 or 10 REAL MEN would gang up on him (with bats!) and teach him a lesson...
(a lesson generally lost once the miscreant died)

those were the days....

all gone now...thanks to those damned libruls!

LOL @ uppity Negroes, did you read my LBJ Thread? That was his pet name for them, he was a Democrat, right?

I see

the old HATE and SWITCH routine...

first you denounce LIBRULS

then when the opportunity presents itself

you switch to DEMOCRATS....

regardless of what LBJ said or did...

it was LIBRULS who fought (and died) to help fight for equal rights for blacks

and it was CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVES who lynched blacks and white ACLU types

no doubt some of them were REPUBLICAN anmd DEMOCRAT

Again, and much like the "Living breathing Constitution" what you propose is total horseshit and has no basis in facts.

If you want to debate the history of Democrats and Civil Right, go to my LBJ thread and I'll be happy to dismantle your lies and nonsense.

My point here is that Progressives in either Party run counter to our Constitution and constitution.

Anyone notice how powerless the right decided the government is supposed to be the moment the Republicans were out of power?

And yes, of course, they all now claim they always believed that. That's a key ingredient of the bullshit.

You have a faulty memory. I've always favored finding a private enterprise answer and consider Dubya a traitor for squandering a historic opportunity to roll back the government

Fine. That will create a power vacuum. What will fill the power vacuum? The entity most capable of wielding power.

Uh, no Beavis, wrong answer... again.

Anyone notice how powerless the right decided the government is supposed to be the moment the Republicans were out of power?

And yes, of course, they all now claim they always believed that. That's a key ingredient of the bullshit.

You have a faulty memory. I've always favored finding a private enterprise answer and consider Dubya a traitor for squandering a historic opportunity to roll back the government

Yeah, that's easy for you to say now with the old archives at hannity disposed of.

lolol

Which are easier for corporations to control.

You claim to want a private enterprise answer, thus confirming that you want corporations to have more power,

which you just denied in another post.

lol

You claim to want a private enterprise answer, thus confirming that you want corporations to have more power,

lol

This nation has always thrived on private business...in fact it's the only thing that keeps the economy going. Not Government.

Nice to see Obama and his merry band of Statist thugs getting their way by destroying free enterprise.

They're taking the Commerce Clause to deeper depths.

Hey Frank, WHY are you spitting in the face of our founding fathers? They created a GOVERNMENT, not a private entity or enterprise. AND, they believed in VERY HEAVY handed regulation and restraint on corporations. WHY do you always ignore that fact?

lol

This nation has always thrived on private business...in fact it's the only thing that keeps the economy going. Not Government.

Nice to see Obama and his merry band of Statist thugs getting their way by destroying free enterprise.

Hey fascist pea brain, why don't you take a course in Civics, and American history. Who knows, if you're young enough and study night & day, you could turn your little pea into a little pod.

lol

Hey fascist pea brain, why don't you take a course in Civics, and American history. Who knows, if you're young enough and study night & day, you could turn your little pea into a little pod.

Whatever the Hell this shot means...:eusa_eh:

Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

Yeah, that's easy for you to say now with the old archives at hannity disposed of.

lolol

Did scalp go with it because that was a Mod Low Point

Which are easier for corporations to control.

Not sure what your point is, there are 50 or 57 states, depending on who's counting. Do you believe the FedGubbamint is beyond control?

"And it is seen that Sparta observed hers (laws) for more than eight hundred years without changing them and without any dangerous disturbance...And she also is more unhappy which has diverged more from her institutions; and that (Republic) is even further from them whose laws lead her away from perfect and true ends entirely outside of the right path..."

Discourses on Livy: Book 1

Which do you suppose are we?

con·sti·tu·tion
   /ˌkɒnstɪˈtuʃən, -ˈtyu-/ Show Spelled[kon-sti-too-shuhn, -tyoo-
–noun
1. the way in which a thing is composed or made up; makeup; composition: the chemical constitution of the cleanser. Constitution | Define Constitution at Dictionary.com

The Founders did not pick the word out of the air as they were drafting the document. They had deliberately called the document what it was: a constitution, a description of the nature, composition form and function of the new government. The very word itself has a meaning that has been lost and obfuscated.

Obama and Progressives demonstrate a profound, fundamental and intentional ignorance of the very concept of a constitution when he/they states,

"And to the extent as radical I think as people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted. The Warren Court interpreted it in the same way that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you. It says what the federal government can't do to you, but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf." :cuckoo:

Our Founder knew EXACTLY what they were doing! They did not draft a living, breathing easily malleable document. They drafted a document that was very precise in what the new federal government was supposed to do -- very little. It wasn't accidentally called a "constitution", they were describing the very nature of the limited democratic republic they formed using the best ideals of Rome as their base.

If the founding fathers knew what they were doing don't you think they would have stuck with the Articles of Confederation?

Whatever the Hell this shot means...:eusa_eh:

Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

Hey pea brain, does you man crush Levin ever tell you our founding father's approach to private business and commerce?

Hey Frank, WHY are you spitting in the face of our founding fathers? They created a GOVERNMENT, not a private entity or enterprise. AND, they believed in VERY HEAVY handed regulation and restraint on corporations. WHY do you always ignore that fact?

There are a lot of stupid posters here and I find the patience to deal with them because they say the dumbest things and the humor in that alone makes it worth the effort.

I'm not even sure what to make of your post, maybe a recent failed or partial lobotomy is to blame?

You seem to be totally, completely, perfectly ignorant about our founding principles and system of government, you don't seem to have the capacity to understand what a government is.

I feel sorry for these electrons that I'm sending your way.

There are a lot of stupid posters here and I find the patience to deal with them because they say the dumbest things and the humor in that alone makes it worth the effort.

I'm not even sure what to make of your post, maybe a recent failed or partial lobotomy is to blame?

You seem to be totally, completely, perfectly ignorant about our founding principles and system of government, you don't seem to have the capacity to understand what a government is.

I feel sorry for these electrons that I'm sending your way.

Hey Frank, obfuscation is not an argument, it is a tactic. Here's what to make of my post. WHY don't you tell me how our founding fathers and their principles and system of government treated corporations?

my2¢;2484511 said:
con·sti·tu·tion
   /ˌkɒnstɪˈtuʃən, -ˈtyu-/ Show Spelled[kon-sti-too-shuhn, -tyoo-
–noun
1. the way in which a thing is composed or made up; makeup; composition: the chemical constitution of the cleanser. Constitution | Define Constitution at Dictionary.com

The Founders did not pick the word out of the air as they were drafting the document. They had deliberately called the document what it was: a constitution, a description of the nature, composition form and function of the new government. The very word itself has a meaning that has been lost and obfuscated.

Obama and Progressives demonstrate a profound, fundamental and intentional ignorance of the very concept of a constitution when he/they states,

"And to the extent as radical I think as people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted. The Warren Court interpreted it in the same way that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you. It says what the federal government can't do to you, but it doesn't say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf." :cuckoo:

Our Founder knew EXACTLY what they were doing! They did not draft a living, breathing easily malleable document. They drafted a document that was very precise in what the new federal government was supposed to do -- very little. It wasn't accidentally called a "constitution", they were describing the very nature of the limited democratic republic they formed using the best ideals of Rome as their base.

If the founding fathers knew what they were doing don't you think they would have stuck with the Articles of Confederation?

I'm rereading Machiavelli, I'm certain they did.

No matter how great a system they put in place it falls to the people of later generations to stay true to it and keep it alive. Since 1913, Progressives have been dismantling the system and we're to blame for letting them; not Franklin, not Adams, not Jefferson, we're to blame.

Forum List

Back