Conservative's Where's Your Boys?

AnonymousIV

May 18, 2011
As American children we are taught at an early age about nature. We are taught not to touch the eggs in a birds nest, as the bird will abandon her nest. That's nature. In the early 1970's a group of conservative men attacked the preference that mother's had in custody cases. There was an upward trend in men receiving custody of their children. There was a great backlash of abortion in America. That's called human nature, right?

* The custody cases that were won in 1970-1973 are based on "unfit mothers". Replacing in it's stead a "joint custody" and "shared responsibility". So if conservatives preach shared responsibility why haven't we heard about these early custody cases and whether or not they were a success? I believe if you knock a dent in society to the tune of taking custody from mothers, you should be responsible to the public. But to date nothing not a word on these first children raised with fathers having custody. I like to be well informed, and the public does too. How did these men change the preference rule in the courts and just drop out of society? Why do they get the privacy young women that have had abortions deserve?

So you're claiming that women murder their children on the off chance that a child's father might want to share responsibility with the mother.

Those women are sick freaks who should not have children.

As American children we are taught at an early age about nature. We are taught not to touch the eggs in a birds nest, as the bird will abandon her nest. That's nature. In the early 1970's a group of conservative men attacked the preference that mother's had in custody cases. There was an upward trend in men receiving custody of their children. There was a great backlash of abortion in America. That's called human nature, right?

* The custody cases that were won in 1970-1973 are based on "unfit mothers". Replacing in it's stead a "joint custody" and "shared responsibility". So if conservatives preach shared responsibility why haven't we heard about these early custody cases and whether or not they were a success? I believe if you knock a dent in society to the tune of taking custody from mothers, you should be responsible to the public. But to date nothing not a word on these first children raised with fathers having custody. I like to be well informed, and the public does too. How did these men change the preference rule in the courts and just drop out of society? Why do they get the privacy young women that have had abortions deserve?

I can't make heads or tails of what exactly you are trying to say.

Are you saying that the men should not have been awarded custody?

Are you saying that the public has a right to pry into their private lives now?

And WTF does any of that have to do with abortion?

"Boys"? Is that what you call Obama? There is no hope for the democrat party so Conservatives work within the system to try to make the republican party better.

So you're claiming that women murder their children on the off chance that a child's father might want to share responsibility with the mother.

No what I am saying is that fathers who gained custody between 1970 and 1973, hold a particular responsibility. I believe they owe it to the public that they infringed upon the results.

Let me get this straight....

You are suggesting that this small group of men who were the first males to win sole custody of their children should be subjected to some form of additional scrutiny NOW, four decades later, as some form of litmus test for the entire idea that maybe not every mother on the planet should get majority or sole custody of their children during a divorce?

Please tell me that you are not quite that ridiculous. Please tell me that you are not truly of the mentality that children should be placed solely in the custody of the mother in these situations without even looking at the particular circumstances of each case.

I believe that men winning custody over women is causative of the backlash of abortion in 1970's.

Let me get this straight....

You are suggesting that this small group of men who were the first males to win sole custody of their children should be subjected to some form of additional scrutiny NOW, four decades later, as some form of litmus test for the entire idea that maybe not every mother on the planet should get majority or sole custody of their children during a divorce?

Please tell me that you are not quite that ridiculous. Please tell me that you are not truly of the mentality that children should be placed solely in the custody of the mother in these situations without even looking at the particular circumstances of each case.

NOt scrutiny but let us know as a public if they felt it was a success. If their children reflect their values. Get some statistics going bar charts and the like and really see the results.

No what I am saying is that fathers who gained custody between 1970 and 1973, hold a particular responsibility. I believe they owe it to the public that they infringed upon the results.
They don't owe you shit. They believed they knew what was best for their children. The judges agreed.

It's none of your damn business.

In the early 1970's a group of conservative men attacked the preference that mother's had in custody cases. There was an upward trend in men receiving custody of their children. There was a great backlash of abortion in America. That's called human nature, right?

Please name one of the conservative men you are talking about.

In 1973 the US Supreme Court decided that a right to privacy under the due process clause in the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution extends to a woman's decision to have an abortion.

It was a little case called Roe v. Wade, and there was a great backlash of abortion in America.

Not sure what the point of this thread is....

Again I hear someone yelling its none of your business yet every statistic is demanded by Conservatives on abortion. Thats none of your business. And yes as a human race we need to see if what we did in 1970 is impacting what is going on today.

Again I hear someone yelling its none of your business yet every statistic is demanded by Conservatives on abortion. Thats none of your business. And yes as a human race we need to see if what we did in 1970 is impacting what is going on today.

Yes what we did in 1970 is impacting what is happening today.

1973 the US Supreme Court bestowed that murdering an unborn child is a constitutional right, just like freedom of speech.

Since then millions, mostly blacks, have died at the hands of abortion doctors. Planned Parenthood's founding members openly stated that, just as eugenics before it, the goal of the abortion movement was to control the population of socially undesirable.

The left has been waging a constant war against the traditional values, and yes those effects are still being felt.

You should be responsible to the public regardless of your sex?

I believe that men winning custody over women is causative of the backlash of abortion in 1970's.

Alright, so you're suggesting that because their husbands might get custody of the child in the event the relationship ended, that these women were terminating pregnancies? While I do see the very thin string of logic there, it's thinner than a single strand of spider's web in my mind. If the two individuals aren't married, she'd get custody almost automatically. If they are engaged or married, then I would suggest that a woman with that sort of mentality shouldn't be in a relationship to begin with.

NOt scrutiny but let us know as a public if they felt it was a success. If their children reflect their values. Get some statistics going bar charts and the like and really see the results.

Realizing that any such useful statistics (educational level, criminal records, success/failure of relationships as an adult themselves, etc...) would only be useful as compared to the same statistics for children raised by a single mother in the same time period. Something tells me that the statistics are probably not terribly different.

You should be responsible to the public regardless of your sex?

Why should they be responsible to the public?

Why is it any of the public's business?

And the stats would be meaningless, since it would have to be proven that the children would have wound up better off with the mothers instead.

Yes mothers as you say "murder" there children, that's for God to decide. I don't think any of the results of abortion are valid. Without seeing what those cases were doing as society went along is hiding valuable information. These cases were won on the merit "unfit mother" but you put a dent in society and accepted no responsibility in informing the public.

New Topics

Forum List

Back