Conservative's Where's Your Boys?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AnonymousIV, Jun 18, 2011.

1. AnonymousIV

AnonymousIV Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    As American children we are taught at an early age about nature. We are taught not to touch the eggs in a birds nest, as the bird will abandon her nest. That's nature. In the early 1970's a group of conservative men attacked the preference that mother's had in custody cases. There was an upward trend in men receiving custody of their children. There was a great backlash of abortion in America. That's called human nature, right?

* The custody cases that were won in 1970-1973 are based on "unfit mothers". Replacing in it's stead a "joint custody" and "shared responsibility". So if conservatives preach shared responsibility why haven't we heard about these early custody cases and whether or not they were a success? I believe if you knock a dent in society to the tune of taking custody from mothers, you should be responsible to the public. But to date nothing not a word on these first children raised with fathers having custody. I like to be well informed, and the public does too. How did these men change the preference rule in the courts and just drop out of society? Why do they get the privacy young women that have had abortions deserve?

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    So you're claiming that women murder their children on the off chance that a child's father might want to share responsibility with the mother.

Those women are sick freaks who should not have children.

3. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    I can't make heads or tails of what exactly you are trying to say.

Are you saying that the men should not have been awarded custody?

Are you saying that the public has a right to pry into their private lives now?

And WTF does any of that have to do with abortion?

4. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,660
    "Boys"? Is that what you call Obama? There is no hope for the democrat party so Conservatives work within the system to try to make the republican party better.

5. AnonymousIV

AnonymousIV Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    No what I am saying is that fathers who gained custody between 1970 and 1973, hold a particular responsibility. I believe they owe it to the public that they infringed upon the results.

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Let me get this straight....

You are suggesting that this small group of men who were the first males to win sole custody of their children should be subjected to some form of additional scrutiny NOW, four decades later, as some form of litmus test for the entire idea that maybe not every mother on the planet should get majority or sole custody of their children during a divorce?

Please tell me that you are not quite that ridiculous. Please tell me that you are not truly of the mentality that children should be placed solely in the custody of the mother in these situations without even looking at the particular circumstances of each case.

7. AnonymousIV

AnonymousIV Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I believe that men winning custody over women is causative of the backlash of abortion in 1970's.

8. AnonymousIV

AnonymousIV Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    NOt scrutiny but let us know as a public if they felt it was a success. If their children reflect their values. Get some statistics going bar charts and the like and really see the results.

9. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    They don't owe you shit. They believed they knew what was best for their children. The judges agreed.

It's none of your damn business.

10. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    Damn, I thought LSD 25 was so 60's..........

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2