Conservatives want serious health debate

still no addressing facts.....

Facts: If my Health Insurance were a car, it would be an 18-wheeler; perfect for the one time every 12 or 15 years I really need it, but total overkill for driving to the store to get milk and eggs.

In a Free Market environment: I would buy a policy that would have a high deductible and ONLY cover what insurance is supposed to cover: catastrophic events.

Conservative: We want Free Market reforms and Empower the Consumer.
Dems: (covering ears) La la allalalalaaa we can't hear youuuuuuuuu

Free Market reforms and empower the consumer??
That sounds like some Miss America response when she doesn't know the answer

I think that says it all.

Mentioning Free Market to a Librul is like handing a sunlamp to Dracula

Would this be similar to the "free markets" that the banks and insurers had to be bailed out of by you and me?

Free Market reforms and empower the consumer??
That sounds like some Miss America response when she doesn't know the answer

Would this be similar to the "free markets" that the banks and insurers had to be bailed out of by you and me?

Banks were free to set their own lending standards free of the Federal Government? Are you sure about that?

July 14, 2008: "I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid." -- Barney Frank, not a Free Market Conservative

Facts: If my Health Insurance were a car, it would be an 18-wheeler; perfect for the one time every 12 or 15 years I really need it, but total overkill for driving to the store to get milk and eggs.

In a Free Market environment: I would buy a policy that would have a high deductible and ONLY cover what insurance is supposed to cover: catastrophic events.[/QUOTE]

Interesting analogy Frankie..
It is also a reason why our healthcare is so expensive and why republicans are cluelsess. The key to holding down healthcare costs is prevention. Getting yearly mamograms, pap smears, check-ups, blood tests, cancer screens. These are the things that Americans don't do that those with National Healthcare do routinely.
When that mamogram and pap smear costs $500 out of pocket or that group of blood tests costs $300, Americans would rather skip it and take the chance. The result is, they don't seek treatment until the disease is full blown. This results in expensive healthcare costs and increased mortality rate and is one reason why Americans pay more for healthcare and die at an earlier age.

Banks were free to set their own lending standards free of the Federal Government? Are you sure about that?

July 14, 2008: "I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid." -- Barney Frank, not a Free Market Conservative

:clap2:

You just buried him with that quote - well done.

What does this have to do with my question?

:eusa_whistle:

In a Free Market environment: I would buy a policy that would have a high deductible and ONLY cover what insurance is supposed to cover: catastrophic events.[/QUOTE]

Interesting analogy Frankie..
It is also a reason why our healthcare is so expensive and why republicans are cluelsess. The key to holding down healthcare costs is prevention. Getting yearly mamograms, pap smears, check-ups, blood tests, cancer screens. These are the things that Americans don't do that those with National Healthcare do routinely.
When that mamogram and pap smear costs $500 out of pocket or that group of blood tests costs $300, Americans would rather skip it and take the chance. The result is, they don't seek treatment until the disease is full blown. This results in expensive healthcare costs and increased mortality rate and is one reason why Americans pay more for healthcare and die at an earlier age.

THAT'S THE POINT!

See, but instead of having to pay or having someone pay $1,200/month for your health insurance, the consumer should get the money, buy a cheap-o high deductible policy and fund $5K into a Medical Saving Account.

Since the consumer is NOT the patient there is no pressure on ANYONE to hold down costs!

When I was young the doctor used to come to the house to make house call when we were sick! Sure, he pulled up in a new Cadillac, but he came to the house! Once Medicare and Medicaid passed, we were no longer his clients! The Government paid most of the freight, so the service went down and price went up

Freddie, FNMA and CRA are the antithesis of Free Market

"Our economy, I think still—the fundamentals of our economy are strong." —John McCain, speaking on the morning of September 15

Freddie, FNMA and CRA are the antithesis of Free Market

Good luck trying to relate basic principles of the free market to those who simply demand the guvment to do all their thinking for them...

Forum List

Back