Conservatives waking up to climate change

We'll, so far you haven't offered any proof for anything that you've claimed. Your mantra has been that everybody needs proof but you. A losers pipedream if there ever was one.

All you need to do to prove me wrong is find the exemption that Cheney gave to Halliburton.

You won't.

Nobody's falling for the everyone owes you proof but you're exempt BS.

You're the perfect Dittohead.
YOU can't find the proof so he's the Dittohead? :eusa_hand: Puh-leeze!

I lived there for 40 years, mamooth. I know what the Casper Star Tribune said, and I know people who didn't care for the decisions made to let it burn. The Park Service makes decisions, and that one decided on the advice of environmental thinking of that decade to let it burn and not stop it on purpose.

All the massive firefighting you demanded saved a few historic structures, and that's it. Otherwise, it was pointless, and didn't affect the fire path a bit. Those of a more practical nature don't support spending millions and risking lives on feelgood firefighting.

These things changed the green wealth of the soils, and burning is no longer something that is guaranteed to be restorative.

Yellowstone fires of 1988 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
---
The recovery from the fires began almost immediately, with plants such as fireweed appearing in a matter of days after a fire had passed. While surrounding national forests did some replanting and even dispersed grass seed by airplane, the regeneration in Yellowstone was generally so complete that no replanting was even attempted.[25] Though some small plants did not immediately reassume their pre-fire habitats, most did, and the vast majority of plants regrew from existing sprouts which survived the heat from the fires. There was a profusion of wildflowers in burned areas, especially between two and five years after the fires.[26]
---

And the government was in charge back then and contracted people to kill pigeons and buffalo. A rotting corpse does not produce 5 tons a year of fertilizer, and decimation of hundreds of thousands of these creatures took away that restorative ability of the land to regenerate after fires.

---
Contrary to media reports and speculation at the time, the fires killed very few park animals— surveys indicated that only about 345 elk (of an estimated 40,000–50,000), 36 mule deer, 12 moose, 6 black bears, and 9 bison had perished
---

Yes, Yellowstone is still suffering from the poop-deficit caused by that staggering loss.
Sorry, there's a lot less coolness with your feet being cooled by a few fireweeds in the heat of summer than the awesome cool caresses of shade provided by behemoth lodgepole pines and the 7 other major species lost in the fires of Yellowstone in 1983.

You will hear nothing but glowing reports from those whose livelihoods are guaranteed when they report part of the flora that made it through those fires and not a word about species that didn't and will take hundreds of years to blow in from unaffected areas to the heart of the area. And you won't hear of pidgeon-holed reports of the avian population that may never recover at all. Not a word. Why would anyone lose their job for reporting bad news of the fire? Answer: they wouldn't!

I think the assessment of the majority of Americans living in the area was a good one. It did not reflect well on the decision to allow the fires to burn. Trees up to 15,000 years old or older were decimated by stupidity. Even the bible is explicit when mankind is explicitly advised by its elders to be good stewards of the earth. Not to be results in losses unknown.
The reason underestimations of a tree's age is because dendrochronologists are held to counting only what shows up as a ring in the case of rings. The truth is that half the tree's life or even much more may show up in the center 1" of its heartwood, if the heartwood is still there. It can take a thousand years for a seedling of some species of conifers (and other trees) to grow a half inch in diameter, and you can't count that kind of size, particularly if the tree remains in a nongrowth of cells phase for a hundred years. A tree that is only inches high may well be older than a man's lifespan who lives to be 125. So counting rings may be considered futile unless the tree's sprouting and rings are counted by the same adult for 30 years in good growth years in which rings are manifest and the tree from sprouting to a 15 inch diameter show consistent half-inch growth rings. lol! The story of a thousand-year pine

Scientists tend to avoid foundation funding negatives and dwell on foundation funding positives. They're only human. The good ones are above that. Everybody hates bad news, so the honest are often left holding the bag in which the holier-than-thou liberals dump their barbs against. Obama is living proof that a lot of people will love lies and blame the person the liar holds to account without so much as a piffle of proof.

Sounds like here to me.

labmice.jpg

How goes it?

Not too bad, been busy testing some new ED product. How about yourself?

Ah, man I'm doing nothing. Working with Michael Mann on some AGW tests

Seriously?

Yeah, but it sucks gnat balls

How so?

Well, when I first got in there, they put me in a big tank and pumped in 200PPM of CO2, so I thrashed around and put my hands up to my throat like I was struggling to breath. Then they realize I was just fucking around with them so they ended the test.

That's hysterical!

Yeah, they were going to throw me in a snake cage as punishment but i threatened to go to Wikileaks, that ended all the AGW testing

Nobody's falling for the everyone owes you proof but you're exempt BS.

You're the perfect Dittohead.

Are you not aware that what Rush issues Dittoheads daily is always without proof? That's what they Ditto.
I hadn't heard the term Dittoheads for 5 years. I remember it because I've been called that, and I only listened to one Rush Limbaugh program about 12 years ago, and honestly can't remember much of it since I don't ever listen to radio anymore. He sure gets a rise out of a lot of liberals, but I'm not sure the people here who are into science and mathematics listen unless Limbaugh is also. These guys assess bottom lines of statistical reports most of us would yawn in frustration over and line the trash with. They wouldn't think of doing anything but filing it as useful information to people who like themselves, it means truth at the bottom line, mathematically. If you dismiss them, you are dismissing the entire field of logic, and pathetic will be your outcome if you do that.

Some big shots don't want to hear about reality and wonder why they end up in court over squandering other people's money down into nothing. They should have been more interested in "useless mathematical information and charts" instead of being dismissive.

That's likely why we have a $17 trillion debt, up from a $1.3 trillion debt in Obama's first couple of months in office.

Instead of having a fiscal budget for the last 6 years, we've had a systematic overprinting of bills by the Obama administration, the irresistible passage of bills that put the administration in charge of certain spending, such as Obamacare, which is frankly, unconstitutional since the Constitution specifies spending and borrowing to be the duty of the Legislative branches of Congresses, originally focused to be a combination of the people and the state's power, and now, seems to be frittering away by nobody agreeing to pass laws consistent with the insistence of the Constitution to put the people's Congress in charge of all spending. The best thing that has happened to the nation since Obama took over has been the resistance of Congressman, Dr. John Boehner, taking Obama to the shed over his malfeasance of law, spending, financial attention to his benefactors, and abuse of Congress' authority in all matters of spending.

Where would we be if it weren't for the Republicans trying to hold the line over this nincompoop who is now playing daredevil with another leader in the Middle East by inflicting the woe of war without contacting Congress, who are also the ones the Constitution designates as the ones who declare the war.

Obama is a Constitutional jerk, and the entire "Affordable" Care Act was so named to merely obfuscate the expense it would incur as a tax on the Middle Class, who has so far acted as though bamboozled except for about 54% who know it's a bamboozle, and an exceedingly bad one as the Democrats continually postpone inflicting its costs on the tax deductions until they're out of power, so they can continue and even stoke up their little falsetto charges of the blame game in which they blame Republicans for anything they consider bad, including all the bullshit they pass as law, and very bad law since it is highly conflictive with the Constitution of the United States which some of them have out-and-out declared invalid.

This legislating of debt by the Administration is heinous, yet Obama puts on an "I'm proud of me" line that seems so good yet is only the top of the carpet under which he has swept a mountain of lies under. Lies that obfuscate the reality of the cost of what he is doing to the future of this country.

I can only hope Democrats will wake up and smell the coffee. It's long past the burnt stage and will leave our grandchildren wringing their hands over the endless payment of interest with little available to pay principal on to nations who do not love us except for when we tolerate the shortest end of the stick on reciprocity of trade.

If the Democrats don't pay attention, they will make slaves of taxpayers, and in order to do that, people who object will be put to death and penalties will be inflicted on noncooperation from those who are basically enslaved and will certainly need to be watched closely once their freedoms are removed and automaton behavior is the only acceptable behavior to the oligarchy of terror and punishment that will soon perish the first true bloody strongman who comes about to lead a nation of peons.

All of us need to resist the something-for-nothing bullshit propaganda Obama maintains is the only way to "equalize" the masses. A fool is never equal to a man of wisdom. A man of wisdom becomes that way from understanding math and science, not abusing science by obfuscating a thousand years of temperature readings in order to foist a money-making scheme against a gullible world.

The last person who promised a large group of people something for nothing went after an ethnic group in order to procure oil from the spokesman from Jerusalem and its former Mufti, Haj Amin al Hussein, who promised them Islamic Jihad soldiers and oil from the Middle East, as their representative. And he did furnish these, having procured the famous promise from Hitler that after the European Jews were exterminated, he would send the SS to the Middle East to continue the eradication of Jews there.

Something for nothing doesn't come cheaply when you burden one group of people egregiously to benefit another group. The shell game just doesn't work out. Freedom does. Our Constitution saw us through years of both sacrifice and prosperity.

The lesson in history is there. It points us away from genocide and toward a world of free people.

If PMZ really really believed in his AGW theory and predictions. He wouldn't be so worried about Rush Limbaugh.. The guy lives about 2 feet above Sea Level..

Only a matter of time til you get your reward and the sea rises to swallow him and his cigars..

rush_2.jpg

PMZ must not trust the predictions..

Are you not aware that what Rush issues Dittoheads daily is always without proof? That's what they Ditto.
I hadn't heard the term Dittoheads for 5 years. I remember it because I've been called that, and I only listened to one Rush Limbaugh program about 12 years ago, and honestly can't remember much of it since I don't ever listen to radio anymore. He sure gets a rise out of a lot of liberals, but I'm not sure the people here who are into science and mathematics listen unless Limbaugh is also. These guys assess bottom lines of statistical reports most of us would yawn in frustration over and line the trash with. They wouldn't think of doing anything but filing it as useful information to people who like themselves, it means truth at the bottom line, mathematically. If you dismiss them, you are dismissing the entire field of logic, and pathetic will be your outcome if you do that.

Some big shots don't want to hear about reality and wonder why they end up in court over squandering other people's money down into nothing. They should have been more interested in "useless mathematical information and charts" instead of being dismissive.

That's likely why we have a $17 trillion debt, up from a $1.3 trillion debt in Obama's first couple of months in office.

Instead of having a fiscal budget for the last 6 years, we've had a systematic overprinting of bills by the Obama administration, the irresistible passage of bills that put the administration in charge of certain spending, such as Obamacare, which is frankly, unconstitutional since the Constitution specifies spending and borrowing to be the duty of the Legislative branches of Congresses, originally focused to be a combination of the people and the state's power, and now, seems to be frittering away by nobody agreeing to pass laws consistent with the insistence of the Constitution to put the people's Congress in charge of all spending. The best thing that has happened to the nation since Obama took over has been the resistance of Congressman, Dr. John Boehner, taking Obama to the shed over his malfeasance of law, spending, financial attention to his benefactors, and abuse of Congress' authority in all matters of spending.

Where would we be if it weren't for the Republicans trying to hold the line over this nincompoop who is now playing daredevil with another leader in the Middle East by inflicting the woe of war without contacting Congress, who are also the ones the Constitution designates as the ones who declare the war.

Obama is a Constitutional jerk, and the entire "Affordable" Care Act was so named to merely obfuscate the expense it would incur as a tax on the Middle Class, who has so far acted as though bamboozled except for about 54% who know it's a bamboozle, and an exceedingly bad one as the Democrats continually postpone inflicting its costs on the tax deductions until they're out of power, so they can continue and even stoke up their little falsetto charges of the blame game in which they blame Republicans for anything they consider bad, including all the bullshit they pass as law, and very bad law since it is highly conflictive with the Constitution of the United States which some of them have out-and-out declared invalid.

This legislating of debt by the Administration is heinous, yet Obama puts on an "I'm proud of me" line that seems so good yet is only the top of the carpet under which he has swept a mountain of lies under. Lies that obfuscate the reality of the cost of what he is doing to the future of this country.

I can only hope Democrats will wake up and smell the coffee. It's long past the burnt stage and will leave our grandchildren wringing their hands over the endless payment of interest with little available to pay principal on to nations who do not love us except for when we tolerate the shortest end of the stick on reciprocity of trade.

If the Democrats don't pay attention, they will make slaves of taxpayers, and in order to do that, people who object will be put to death and penalties will be inflicted on noncooperation from those who are basically enslaved and will certainly need to be watched closely once their freedoms are removed and automaton behavior is the only acceptable behavior to the oligarchy of terror and punishment that will soon perish the first true bloody strongman who comes about to lead a nation of peons.

All of us need to resist the something-for-nothing bullshit propaganda Obama maintains is the only way to "equalize" the masses. A fool is never equal to a man of wisdom. A man of wisdom becomes that way from understanding math and science, not abusing science by obfuscating a thousand years of temperature readings in order to foist a money-making scheme against a gullible world.

The last person who promised a large group of people something for nothing went after an ethnic group in order to procure oil from the spokesman from Jerusalem and its former Mufti, Haj Amin al Hussein, who promised them Islamic Jihad soldiers and oil from the Middle East, as their representative. And he did furnish these, having procured the famous promise from Hitler that after the European Jews were exterminated, he would send the SS to the Middle East to continue the eradication of Jews there.

Something for nothing doesn't come cheaply when you burden one group of people egregiously to benefit another group. The shell game just doesn't work out. Freedom does. Our Constitution saw us through years of both sacrifice and prosperity.

The lesson in history is there. It points us away from genocide and toward a world of free people.

You ditto right wing extreme delusion and tell us that you're not a Dittohead?

Forum List

Back