Conservatives VS Liberals. How accurate are these to you guys?

I won't be partisan about this, but address the issue embodied by your statements. I think we can all agree that generalizations are harmful, and made by both conservatives and liberals about one another. Neither ideology is flawless, and neither is evil, and neither should be judged by the most extreme views of their subscribers. In terms of forcing others to conform to your morality, I think that is a delicate issue as such things are hard to define, but are fundamental elements of a culture. Some things (gun control for one) are a matter of public safety, and must be regulated by the government. Others (gay marriage is an example of this) are more a matter of personal beliefs, and therefore should be regulated by smaller legislative bodies like state governments so as to fully encompass the views of the people.

Yea, human rights are "personal beliefs". For many on the right, so is slavery. Oops.

Right wingers won't disagree, but they will call you names.

They're not smart enough to know anything but name calling.

Sounds like a great idea but let's be clear on the separation of goods.

We = Liberals You = Conservatives

We get stem cell research. You get blood letting, prayer cures, and snakes.

We get Harvard, MIT, and Berkley. You get home schooled and Bob Jones.

We get fun, Frisbees, kites, beach balls. You get oily seagulls.

We get electric cars, bio diesel and hybrids. You get holes in your backyard.

We get clean open spaces. You get smog.

We get clean rivers. You get pollution.

We get planned parenthood. You get trailer parks as far as the eye can see.

We get law. You get the Klan.

We get regulated markets. You get robbed.

We get religious freedom. You get bedroom inspectors and pillories.

We get symphony orchestras. You keep your tin cans and saws.

We get New England wages. You get Mississippi wages.

We get indoor plumbing. You get poison ivy.

We get homes. You keep your trailers.

We get the classics. You try to read the comics.

We get art. You get paint by number.

We get the New York Times. You get Rush and the moonie Washington Times.

We get fine wine. You get cheap hooch.

We get poetry. You keep Ann, Glenn, Rush, Sean and Laura.

We get gourmet food. You get Palin's moose stew.

We get cspan. You get Fox 'faux' news.

We get diverse neighborhoods. You get racists militants and wingnuts.

We help our neighbor. You tell them to move North if they want a good job.

We get Motown.

You get to keep these country classics.
All I Want From You Is Away
All My Exes Live In Texas
All the Guys that Turn Me On Turn Me Down
Am I Double Parked by the Curbstone of Your Heart?
An Old Flame Can't Hold A Candle To You
Are You Drinkin With Me Jesus?

Four words:

Heh

Lair

Ree

Ous!

So I'm assuming 2 of you dissagree with the statements.

Which statement do you disagree with and why. If more than one number them please and we can discuss.

Your not afraid to discuss it right? ;) :)

It doesn't deserve discussion; It's hyperbole, and it's very childish. Kinda like you. ;)

If a child with no-health care gets sick-liberals want them to be covered.
If a child with no-health care gets sick-conservatives don't care.

If a liberal doesn't want to get an abortion-they don't.
If a conservative doesn't want to get an abortion-they don't think anyone else should.

If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-liberals want the company responsible to pay all those effected.
If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-conservatives don't care if they get reimbursed.

If a liberal believes in creationism-they teach it to their children in their own homes.
If a conservative believes in creationism-they think ALL children should be taught it.

If a conservative lies about weapons of mass destruction/connections with 9/11 of iraq-liberals didn't impeach him.
If a liberal lies about a blowjob conservatives impeach him.

See what I did there? You can pick and choose issues all day long, and spin them around to suit your agenda. Don't be so ridiculous.

Yes, I see what you did there. Told a series of really big bald faced lies.

What part of "You can pick and choose issues all day long, and spin them around to suit your agenda", don't you understand? Of course what I post wasn't true-I clearly state that right there in the post. If you missed the point of my post-you may want to improve your reading comprehension.

If a child with no-health care gets sick-liberals want them to be covered. But he wants the conservative to pay for it
If a child with no-health care gets sick-conservatives don't care. Wants the parents to care for thier child and take them to the taxpayer funded clinic.

If a conservative doesn't want to get an abortion-they don't think anyone else should.

If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-liberals want the company responsible to pay all those effected.
If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-conservatives don't care if they get reimbursed. Not true, we just don't want the government taking a cut.

If a liberal believes in creationism-they teach it to their children in their own homes.
If a conservative believes in creationism-they think ALL children should be taught it. pfft

If a conservative lies about weapons of mass destruction/connections with 9/11 of iraq-liberals didn't impeach him. Lack of balls or lack of facts?
If a liberal lies about a blowjob conservatives impeach him. Lied under oath.

See what I did there? You can pick and choose issues all day long, and spin them around to suit your agenda. Don't be so ridiculous.

Why not, it's fun.

Thanks for the response 2 thumbs. It is very much appreciated.

VERY INaccurate

guns; lots of libs and dems OWN guns. MOST liberals do NOT want guns banned
MOST liberals want gun education, saftey and regulation

meat: theree may be some leftist vegetarians who want meat banned but MOST liberals EAT meat and do NOT want it banned

homosexuals are merely demanding respect and acceptance....
they are NO MORE IN YOUR FACE about it t han....conservative christians...

in fact...homosexuals are LESS LIKELY to get in your face than CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS who just won't shut up about their religion and trying to get it established as THE RELIGION of the USA

talk show hosts; (you sure do lie alot...do ALL cons lie like you?)
the truth; some liberals have made attempts to rid the air waves of conservative hate mongers like l imbaugh and savage

MOST liberals DO JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL!
I know I do (now)

and to say that cons just change the channel when they hear a liberal talk show host is another lie.

MANY cons get angry at liberal talk show hosts and work very hard to get them silenced....

religion; the problem with you is you're just another deranged c onservative who has everfything all mixed up...
consequently...you end up lying...

most liberals ARE religious
FEW LIBERALS are trying to BAN religion
MOST liberals are merely trying to keep CONSERVATIVES CHRISTIANS from FORCING THEIR RELIGION in our schools and in our government.

your representation is VERY false
you lie
you are a moron
you are VERY STUPID
and you suck

Ricky pay attention....Pp posted something he found.....he did not write that shit himself.....:eusa_eh:

Thank you harry for pointing that out to him. However he did include his opinions in there at the beginning so I thanked and kudosed him even though he ended the post ignorantly.

I won't be partisan about this, but address the issue embodied by your statements. I think we can all agree that generalizations are harmful, and made by both conservatives and liberals about one another. Neither ideology is flawless, and neither is evil, and neither should be judged by the most extreme views of their subscribers. In terms of forcing others to conform to your morality, I think that is a delicate issue as such things are hard to define, but are fundamental elements of a culture. Some things (gun control for one) are a matter of public safety, and must be regulated by the government. Others (gay marriage is an example of this) are more a matter of personal beliefs, and therefore should be regulated by smaller legislative bodies like state governments so as to fully encompass the views of the people.

Well said sir :clap2:

You need to post more!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
If a liberal doesn't like a talk show host he demands the show be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

So what do you guys think of these? Accurate? Innacurate? Why are they accurate or innacurate?

That's true for some conservatives. IMO a true conservative thinks the government should stay out of other people's business. But some conservatives are not like that and are meddlers just like liberals. See how many want to legislate morality on people.

Right wingers won't disagree, but they will call you names.

They're not smart enough to know anything but name calling.

Sounds like a great idea but let's be clear on the separation of goods.

We = Liberals You = Conservatives

We get stem cell research. You get blood letting, prayer cures, and snakes.

We get Harvard, MIT, and Berkley. You get home schooled and Bob Jones.

We get fun, Frisbees, kites, beach balls. You get oily seagulls.

We get electric cars, bio diesel and hybrids. You get holes in your backyard.

We get clean open spaces. You get smog.

We get clean rivers. You get pollution.

We get planned parenthood. You get trailer parks as far as the eye can see.

We get law. You get the Klan.

We get regulated markets. You get robbed.

We get religious freedom. You get bedroom inspectors and pillories.

We get symphony orchestras. You keep your tin cans and saws.

We get New England wages. You get Mississippi wages.

We get indoor plumbing. You get poison ivy.

We get homes. You keep your trailers.

We get the classics. You try to read the comics.

We get art. You get paint by number.

We get the New York Times. You get Rush and the moonie Washington Times.

We get fine wine. You get cheap hooch.

We get poetry. You keep Ann, Glenn, Rush, Sean and Laura.

We get gourmet food. You get Palin's moose stew.

We get cspan. You get Fox 'faux' news.

We get diverse neighborhoods. You get racists militants and wingnuts.

We help our neighbor. You tell them to move North if they want a good job.

We get Motown.

You get to keep these country classics.
All I Want From You Is Away
All My Exes Live In Texas
All the Guys that Turn Me On Turn Me Down
Am I Double Parked by the Curbstone of Your Heart?
An Old Flame Can't Hold A Candle To You
Are You Drinkin With Me Jesus?

Four words:

Heh

Lair

Ree

Ous!

oh look ....Dean found a playmate....how nice.....now when he throws his big top over ALL Conservatives .....he will have someone to Anchor the Tent for him while he ponds in the Stakes......then later after they are done they can go grab a Latte.....and talk.....

If a child with no-health care gets sick-liberals want them to be covered.
If a child with no-health care gets sick-conservatives don't care.

If an oil spill happens in the gulf of Mexico-conservatives don't care if they get reimbursed.

If a conservative believes in creationism-they think ALL children should be taught it.

If a conservative lies about weapons of mass destruction/connections with 9/11 of iraq-liberals didn't impeach him.
If a liberal lies about a blowjob conservatives impeach him.

Yes, I see what you did there. Told a series of really big bald faced lies.

What part of "You can pick and choose issues all day long, and spin them around to suit your agenda", don't you understand? Of course what I post wasn't true-I clearly state that right there in the post. If you missed the point of my post-you may want to improve your reading comprehension.

So I was accurate and it was all lies. so where's the beef?

Forum List

Back