Conservatives Still Wildly Support Bush

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
72% of conservative Republicans approve of Bush, according to Gallup.

jpayitoqqusoa6s8ihwang.gif

Conservative Republicans Still Widely Support Bush

Yeah, of course they do.

He did things as POTUS which they approved of at the time, so with the exception of the bailout, which I believe most AMERICANS object to (regardless of whether your of a liberal or conservatve bent) naturally they'll continue to approve of him overall.

Most liberals still approve of Clinton and Carter, too, don't they?

I think the groups are self-described.

It doesn't look like they are. A true conservative would never support Bush and would never be considered a moderate or liberal conservative. It appears they've grouped neoconservatives with true conservatives.

where is this vast legion of "conservatives" who "never supported Bush"?

Republicans voted for him twice, and supported his legislative and war agenda 95% of the time. I rarely ever heard a republican in congress speak out against Bush. And they voted with him almost every single time.

If the contention is that "conservatives" never supported Bush, then there must not be any conservatives in the republican party, and "real conservatives" must only be a few hundred people nationally, mostly lurking on message boards and pretending to have never supported or defended bush.

I still think that this lumps too much together... I can support the guy for some things.. and still whole-heartedly disagree with his approach to the bailout, etc...

Yeah but that's the problem with polls like this.

The question is about his overall proformance, not any specific issue.

Overall did you approve of his time as POTUS or not?

Yeah but that's the problem with polls like this.

The question is about his overall proformance, not any specific issue.

Overall did you approve of his time as POTUS or not?

For a majority of his time, yes I did support him in terms of approving of decisions more so than disagreeing with them... I think he has done a pretty bad job in the past year or so... so currently I would say I disapprove with his effort

Name any historical buffoon, dictator, fraud, criminal, hate-filled person and there will be a group who admire them. If people made sense the world would.

where is this vast legion of "conservatives" who "never supported Bush"?

Republicans voted for him twice, and supported his legislative and war agenda 95% of the time. I rarely ever heard a republican in congress speak out against Bush. And they voted with him almost every single time.

If the contention is that "conservatives" never supported Bush, then there must not be any conservatives in the republican party, and "real conservatives" must only be a few hundred people nationally, mostly lurking on message boards and pretending to have never supported or defended bush.

It's more complicated than that. The Republicans lost Congress in 2006. That was primarily due to conservatives losing all respect for the neoconservatives in Congress and instead voting for - in some cases - the more conservative Democrat. 2004 was a little different since John Kerry was running for President and nobody wanted him. By 2008, conservatives were completely disgusted which explains why Obama won by millions of votes (in the popular election). I shouldn't have said conservatives would never support Bush because prior to 2004 he seemed to act somewhat like a conservative. They gave him the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure still regret that decision.

I don't get it...I thought Bush wasn't a conservative? why do they overwhelmingly support him if he's not one of them? are they confused?

I don't get it...I thought Bush wasn't a conservative? why do they overwhelmingly support him if he's not one of them? are they confused?

I think it is because of the way it is worded... and because it can be arbitrary in how one defines "approve" or "support"...

I simply look at things of do I agree with him or his actions more than I disagree with him or his actions... not that I think W is a great Prez... but if I agree 15 times and disagree 14 times, I would have to say I approve....

I think it is because of the way it is worded... and because it can be arbitrary in how one defines "approve" or "support"...

I simply look at things of do I agree with him or his actions more than I disagree with him or his actions... not that I think W is a great Prez... but if I agree 15 times and disagree 14 times, I would have to say I approve....

Then why did you defend him 29 times? We kept telling you he was fucking up and you defended him on EVERYTHING. So what, are you still suggesting his approach/strategy to the war on al queda was sound?

What were the 15 that you agreed with? :lol:

When you strip away defense, homeland security and entitlements and adjust for inflation, leaving only discretionary domestic spending, George W. Bush has grown the federal government at a faster pace than Lyndon Baines Johnson," Viguerie writes. "His record for profligate spending is outmatched (for the time being) only by another Big Government Republican, Richard Nixon.

That's from Richard Viguerie. Conservativeshq.com

I can't wait to hear what Bush did right. :eusa_whistle:

Then why did you defend him 29 times? We kept telling you he was fucking up and you defended him on EVERYTHING. So what, are you still suggesting his approach/strategy to the war on al queda was sound?

What were the 15 that you agreed with? :lol:

When you strip away defense, homeland security and entitlements and adjust for inflation, leaving only discretionary domestic spending, George W. Bush has grown the federal government at a faster pace than Lyndon Baines Johnson," Viguerie writes. "His record for profligate spending is outmatched (for the time being) only by another Big Government Republican, Richard Nixon.

That's from Richard Viguerie. Conservativeshq.com

I can't wait to hear what Bush did right. :eusa_whistle:

I did and will defend Bush for what I agree with that he has done right, and I will not defend what I do not agree with that I think he has done wrong. That's called critical thinking. Only dweebs like you see things in terms of all or nothing propositions only.

Go take your meds.

I did and will defend Bush for what I agree with that he has done right, and I will not defend what I do not agree with that I think he has done wrong. That's called critical thinking. Only dweebs like you see things in terms of all or nothing propositions only.

Go take your meds.

This is proof you are clueless to what the GOP did the last 8 years. It was all or nothing. You either agreed or disagreed.

Let me give you an example. The gop never once wanted to discuss lowering the number of abortion that were done every year. They only wanted to discuss banning abortion. That's because they would never want to do away with the wedge issue.

So tell me what you agreed with. I'm waiting.

Go take your meds.

You see Gunny, everything you say to me sounds naive because it seems you don't acknowledge just how devisive the GOP was when they had control of all 3 houses.

I find it irritating too though because I know like you, many voters memories are short. And you'll forget what happened. Heck, you already have.

Forum List

Back