Conservatives Now Outnumber Liberals Almost Two to One in America, According to Washi

CNS News :lol:

Fair and balanced right? :rofl:

Might as well go ahead and post news from WND and The Onion. I mean hell, The Onion has more credibility than those two websites.

CNS News :lol:

Fair and balanced right? :rofl:

Might as well go ahead and post news from WND and The Onion. I mean hell, The Onion has more credibility than those two websites.

CNS was the outlet, it was Washington Post/ABC Poll:

Washington Post-ABC News (washingtonpost.com)

Seems they didn't like how the responses were going, so they switched questions to Sarah Palin. :lol:

In any case, got to scroll down to 901 and below to find what is being addressed.

908a. Would you say your views on most political matters are liberal, moderate, or conservative?

Don't think in No
Liberal Moderate Conservative those terms (vol.) op.
7/18/09 20 39 38 2 1

A bit of reading questions and responses above and below this will give pause to any that want 'change' or 'current status quo'.

I saw an article by Live Science that posted similar numbers a month ago, however Conservatives shouldn't take as a sign that Republicans are going to get major support all of a sudden.

Survey: Far More Conservatives Than Liberals | LiveScience Etc.

While 73 percent of Republicans call themselves conservative, only 38 percent of Democrats call themselves liberal, Gallup found.

According to this poll, the majority of Democrats aren't even Liberal. Which would make sense in a way. I'm not a Democrat but I'm certainly Liberal. Though I have a good mix of Libertarian in there too.

Centrism is growing, with Independents gaining a slight edge in party affixation this year, a Pew Research Center survey found. Party affiliation now looks like this:

Independents: 36 percent
Democrats: 35 percent
Republicans: 23 percent

I guess they just all stayed home in the last election, huh?

Or did ACORN steal it?

"Conservative Mythology" could be a college course.

See my post above which probably explains the 2008 election.

Good post. Thanks. The larger issue IMO is that terms like "conservative" and "liberal" really have little, if any, meaning these days.

Good post. Thanks. The larger issue IMO is that terms like "conservative" and "liberal" really have little, if any, meaning these days.

They don't when it comes to implementing policy because few Republicans are actually fiscally Conservative, and few Democrats are socially Liberal.

Republicans haven't had a Fiscal Conservative since Eisenhower if not Coolidge. Hells Bells, the Democrats had a Fiscal Conservative in Kennedy before Republicans have had one since 1960. Though Kennedy also happened to be socially Liberal so today he'd either end up being a moderate Democrat or some sort of mixture of Libertarian.

Last edited:
The candidate that attracts the moderates will be the candidate that wins an election.

The Republican party has been failing at attracting and representing all conservatives. The Republican party has failed on fiscal conservatism and has gone to the extreme on social conservatism.
The Republicans need to solidify their fiscal conservatism and modify their social conservatism to be a relevant party.

I saw an article by Live Science that posted similar numbers a month ago, however Conservatives shouldn't take as a sign that Republicans are going to get major support all of a sudden.

Survey: Far More Conservatives Than Liberals | LiveScience Etc.

While 73 percent of Republicans call themselves conservative, only 38 percent of Democrats call themselves liberal, Gallup found.

According to this poll, the majority of Democrats aren't even Liberal. Which would make sense in a way. I'm not a Democrat but I'm certainly Liberal. Though I have a good mix of Libertarian in there too.

Centrism is growing, with Independents gaining a slight edge in party affixation this year, a Pew Research Center survey found. Party affiliation now looks like this:

Independents: 36 percent
Democrats: 35 percent
Republicans: 23 percent
Well, if centrism is becoming so sexy, then Obama better not run for re-election.

Hey Lindsey get a clue:cuckoo:CNSNews.com - Conservatives Now Outnumber Liberals Almost Two to One in America, According to Washington Post Poll

This is something we how really follow politics have know for ever:clap2:

That can only mean that a large portion of the Conservatives are morons and have registered as and vote for Democrats not knowing what the fuck is in their best interest or the best interest of the nation.....
I know from personal experience that a large number of Liberals are in reality registered Republicans and vote for Repub. in every election....:lol:

Hey Lindsey get a clue:cuckoo:CNSNews.com - Conservatives Now Outnumber Liberals Almost Two to One in America, According to Washington Post Poll

Liberalism is based on rationalism. Of all ideologies it is the hardest to adhere to so it is only reasonable that it is the smallest. And the key word in the study was "considered." I am willing to bet that the actual number who are liberals is smaller than what the poll indicates. And clap all you want; liberals have always been only a fraction in this country but by far their ideology has had the greatest impact and that is where your concern should lie isn't it...

Liberalism is based on rationalism. Of all ideologies it is the hardest to adhere to so it is only reasonable that it is the smallest. And the key word in the study was "considered." I am willing to bet that the actual number who are liberals is smaller than what the poll indicates. And clap all you want; liberals have always been only a fraction in this country but by far their ideology has had the greatest impact and that is where your concern should lie isn't it...

LOL...

Leftism is founded in pure delusion... That they're able to advance a rationale; aka: Spin or the typical addle-minded perspective, is irrelevant.

The simple fact is a person becomes a leftist due to their inability to reason; thus a distinct absence of options.

They're idiots...

Forum List

Back