Conservatives: Meet YOUR Candidate

Bush and the Republicans knew they were destroying the economy. They knew they would lose the last election because they lied the country into war.

Their miscalculation was the economy imploding way too soon. They thought if it happened during the term of a Democratic president, they could blame it entirely on him. If they made the Bush tax cuts one year later, it might have worked. But they got too greedy.

But that doesn't stop them from still trying to blame their disastrous policies on Obama. The only ones that believe them are the Republican base. This board proves that. The Republican leadership has always counted on their base of sheeple to believe whatever they are told to believe. Iraq and Freddie/Fannie prove that.

Fiscally Herman Cain is the best candidate but he is a liar. The first few women that he worked with that claimed he "harrassed" them? No, that had little or no credibility with me. The woman he did have an affair with as it has been common knowledge here forever Cain is a whorre hound. And he lied.
Gingrich is all over the place as usual with his kooky moon colony BS. And his baggage runs deep in west Georgia and his #s with women are pitiful.
Santorum uses the Bible to promote government.
So Romney is the man. We could do a hell of a lot worse.

You can pretty much make the same arguments about Gingrich. :eusa_angel: Who claims he is not an 'insider'... and yet, he's the one who came from the US congress - and, during his time there, did jack shit to stop insider trading. Gingrich can go screw whatever female he deems appropriate.... but I don't see him screwing the American people as President.... cuz he's never gonna be the President.

Carrollton is in West Georgia and that is where Newt taught at West Georgia College. Surprisingly, they recruited me back then and a good friend of mine went there and now works for Southwire there and his wife works at the University as it is now.
They do not like Newt Gingrich out there now, still to this day. The church they went to had a food drive when the first divorce went down for Jackie. Now Newt was young and dumb and word was he was very upset and unsure as what to do. He did come around a few weeks later with all of the $$ he could muster up and did what was right but the political stink never goes away. West Georgia politics is entrenched with the legacy of Tom Murphy, speaker of the Ga. House for ever who died a few years ago. A Democrat. He hated Gingrich and he was a DixieCrat. His influence stretched statewide but had power across state lines also into Alabama from the $$ in Boaz and Albertville all the way down to Dothan in east Alabama in national polling. Gingrich will have a hard, a very hard time in west Georgia from Summerville to Columbus and eastern Alabama. Lot of $$$ in those areas, old time $$$.
Newt would torch Obama in any debate big time and would be a fine President. However, the Democrat American public are about as dumbed down as it gets. I have been a Romney supporter from the word go and he will get the moderate female vote. My sister backed Obama, borderline as she almost voted McCain, and now she will vote for Romney.
Female moderates will win this election and the Republican insiders know it.

The Romney plan is to cut his taxes in half and raise hers. How does she feel about that?

And you guys talk about higher education. What about the fact that Georgia cut education by nearly a half billion, not including higher education cuts. You can't possibly believe that Republicans are going to invest in education?

An Update on State Budget Cuts — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Georgia cut state funding for public higher education for FY2011 by $151 million, or 7 percent. (does not include grades K--->12)

Georgia has reduced such programs for the elderly as services for people with Alzheimer’s Disease, elder service centers, prescription drug assistance, and elder support, including a recent cut of 5 percent in the FY 2011 budget.

Conservatives, and Republicans, would do well to remember that they are not just looking for a candidate that can beat Obama, but one that can actually govern the country. That's basically why I support Romney... I think he can govern this nation.

Conservatives, and Republicans, would do well to remember that they are not just looking for a candidate that can beat Obama, but one that can actually govern the country. That's basically why I support Romney... I think he can govern this nation.

He's the only one who fits both criteria...

They have their differences but they all for agree on at least one approach to governance.

Decreasing taxes on the wealthy and paying for that by imposing austerity in social services.

And that is basically all the GOP stands for now, far as I can tell.

When they tell us they will make a smaller government, I just don't believe them.

The Republicans have never decreased the size of government, neither have they ever gotten government out of the hair of the PEOPLE.

Corporations and very wealthy people, yes, there will be more FREEDOM for those types, but for the average American, they will continue to tighten the noose around our necks. If you doubt that just look at how the all but 43 Republicans GOP Reps voted on NDAA

But when they tell us (not in so many words but by their policy proposals) let market forces kill Americans, there I actually think they're more or less telling us the truth of their policies.

The only GOPer who is saying anything that is somewhat different is Ron Paul, but he too is on board with the policies that will kill Americans via market forces.

Really from my POV there isn't one of them that is -- policitically speaking -- worth a festering pimple on my ass.

Social Austerity? Really?

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

How far will the next loan take us?

ALL THE WAY TO THE CRASH.

Yea, he is. Just because he's not a ranting twit like Gingrich, people think he's not tough enough to take on Obama in the debates. What people tend to forget is that one of Obama's key strengths is his calm, rational debating style. He looks like a leader and whoever debates him MUST be able to counter that with an equally calm, rational debating style. That's Romney. It is not Gingrich.

You can pretty much make the same arguments about Gingrich. :eusa_angel: Who claims he is not an 'insider'... and yet, he's the one who came from the US congress - and, during his time there, did jack shit to stop insider trading. Gingrich can go screw whatever female he deems appropriate.... but I don't see him screwing the American people as President.... cuz he's never gonna be the President.

Carrollton is in West Georgia and that is where Newt taught at West Georgia College. Surprisingly, they recruited me back then and a good friend of mine went there and now works for Southwire there and his wife works at the University as it is now.
They do not like Newt Gingrich out there now, still to this day. The church they went to had a food drive when the first divorce went down for Jackie. Now Newt was young and dumb and word was he was very upset and unsure as what to do. He did come around a few weeks later with all of the $$ he could muster up and did what was right but the political stink never goes away. West Georgia politics is entrenched with the legacy of Tom Murphy, speaker of the Ga. House for ever who died a few years ago. A Democrat. He hated Gingrich and he was a DixieCrat. His influence stretched statewide but had power across state lines also into Alabama from the $$ in Boaz and Albertville all the way down to Dothan in east Alabama in national polling. Gingrich will have a hard, a very hard time in west Georgia from Summerville to Columbus and eastern Alabama. Lot of $$$ in those areas, old time $$$.
Newt would torch Obama in any debate big time and would be a fine President. However, the Democrat American public are about as dumbed down as it gets. I have been a Romney supporter from the word go and he will get the moderate female vote. My sister backed Obama, borderline as she almost voted McCain, and now she will vote for Romney.

The Romney plan is to cut his taxes in half and raise hers. How does she feel about that?

And you guys talk about higher education. What about the fact that Georgia cut education by nearly a half billion, not including higher education cuts. You can't possibly believe that Republicans are going to invest in education?

Georgia cut state funding for public higher education for FY2011 by $151 million, or 7 percent. (does not include grades K--->12)

Georgia has reduced such programs for the elderly as services for people with Alzheimer’s Disease, elder service centers, prescription drug assistance, and elder support, including a recent cut of 5 percent in the FY 2011 budget.

Well Dean please tell us how states can fund things when they have NO $$?
News flash for the uninformed: States CAN NOT PRINT $$$.

Well Dean please tell us how states can fund things when they have NO $$?
News flash for the uninformed: States CAN NOT PRINT $$$.

When Republicans cut programs that help a states general population, the savings goes somewhere. "States CAN NOT PRINT $$$" is the simplistic answer for the brain dead who have been spoon fed right wing talking points. The funny part about it is you sit in front of the Internet. Find out what Georgia plans to do with the "savings" yourself. Don't believe me. And while you're at it, check into Georgia's new draconian immigration law that cost the state possibly a billion dollars. Revenue they desperately need. Instead they shill for the rich and the base is lapping it up. I don't get it.

hb385.html

House Majority Leader Larry O’Neal (R), meanwhile, has introduced a bill that would implement a flat income tax rate and cut corporate taxes by 33 percent.

Those making less than $20,000 pay lower taxes — they don’t tend to itemize, so eliminating deductions doesn’t affect them. Those making between $20,000 and $180,000, who do tend to itemize, would see significant tax increases.

Guess who the losers in ‘tax reform’ will be? | Jay Bookman

For example, it lowers the state personal income tax rate from 6 to 4.5 percent. Yet at the same time, the bill is being touted as being revenue neutral — meaning that revenue has to come from somewhere. Georgia Republicans, under the leadership of Deal, have decided to make up the difference by eliminating a whole host of tax exemptions and increases in sales taxes. The end result? Georgians making over $180,000 would see steep tax cuts while middle class Georgians making between $20,000 and $180,000 would see tax hikes. This chart compiled by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Jay Bookman using data from Georgia State University’s Fiscal Research Center illustrates this:

taxreform.jpg

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal Proposes Massive Tax Cuts For The Rich, Big Tax Hikes for Middle Class

"Weird, slimy and creepy" are what grade school kids call their opponents in a race for 5th grade class President.

You're right. The grown ups use words like "Strange", "Unethical" and "Odd", but it means the same thing, doesn't it?

Bob Dole is a war hero wounded in action, hit by Kraut machine gun fire and barely lived. He supported the civil rights bill and he voted AGAINST Johnson's War on Poverty.
Dole did brag about the government programs he put into place. He backed numerous handicapped workers bills, building requirements and different eligibility requirements for food stamps.

In short, he brought us more government. You think this is a good thing? Or are you only against government when it makes it harder for you to make a buck?

Romney will beat Newt because THE VOTERS will vote for him in the primaries.
How else does one get beat other than AT THE POLLS?

He'll beat him at the polls because conservatives will eventually just give up. Not because he won them over.

Frankly, here's what concerns me. Except for SC, there's been no real uptick in GOP primary participation. Iowa and NH were flat. No Democratic contest and an incumbant people supposedly can't wait to get rid of, and you really don't have any more people showing up to weigh in on who challenges him.

Actually, he doesn't fit either.

His performance against Obama has actually gone DOWN since this process started. And that's before Obama unleashes his 1 billion dollar buzzsaw of AmPad and GS STeel workers letting us know how Romney screwed them.

Capping of with the classic "I like to be able to fire people".

I mean, Jesus, talk about giving Obama a gift.

But if by some chance he becomes president, you think he'd be effective? Really?

By the time he got to the end of his ONLY term in elected office, he was massively unpopular, rated 48th out of 50 governors, and he was trailing his opponents by double digits. He wisely chose not to run.

Yea, he is. Just because he's not a ranting twit like Gingrich, people think he's not tough enough to take on Obama in the debates. What people tend to forget is that one of Obama's key strengths is his calm, rational debating style. He looks like a leader and whoever debates him MUST be able to counter that with an equally calm, rational debating style. That's Romney. It is not Gingrich.

I don't understand it when people say that "Gingrich is a much better debater than Romney". Didn't Romney just kick the shit out of him in the last Florida debate?

Forum List

Back