Conservatives Maintain Edge as Top Ideological Group

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Xenophon, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    If this poll is accurate, its a major shift in attitude from last year, and very bad news for barry & friends.

Conservatives Maintain Edge as Top Ideological Group

[​IMG]

2. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    This happened before during the Clinton era in 1994 after the voters saw where Clinton was taking the country. Many voters appreciate "traditional values" only after they see the left's decadence, double-standards and double-talk. Nearly every campaign promise Barry made about "transparency", "change" and "competence" was broken.
    I don't see any new laws that would create jobs, or more importantly, stop jobs from going overseas. All I see are czars that do nothing. With an unemployment rate above 10% in many areas it shouldn't be a surprise when the dems lose in the coming elections.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    After 8 years of Bush people were ready for change, they need to do that once in awhile, to remind themselves that, 'yes,' things can get worse...

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680
    This couldn't possibly be true.

Americans overwhelmingly voted for "Change" last November. Don't you see how the world loves us now? How the economy has turned around? How Government spending is down? Taxes are reduced for those under 250K? Social Security is saved? Unemployment is way down? Free health care for all? Government spreads the message of freedom of speech and press the world over?

No, I don't see it either.

Democrats: Americans wanted a Black Ronald Reagan, not a Black Chairman Mao.

Sticky that and put in on your refrigerator so you'll remember next election cycle.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,651
    I would agree that they are the TOP Idealogical group.

I would also wager that many, many people are sick of Idealogy right now.

6. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    20% consider them self a Republican, so unless there is a seperate Conservative party, I don't believe the data, there will be four more years of Dem rule.:clap2:

7. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Q: Are there conservative democrats, y/n?

Q: Are there conservative independents, y/n?

QED.

8. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Many of the assclowns on this board are waaaaay to fuckin' simple to understand that republicans and conservatives are not one in the same anymore. This republican party is far from conservative.

9. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Not only did they wildly misunderstand their supposed "mandate".... they've actually gone the other way with it. :eek:
    Not "post-partisan", but MOST-partisan. Not "post-racial", but MOST-racial. Not more "transparent", but rather... more cloistered and corrupt.

2010 will leave Obama to sit and spin for his final two years in office. And he'll have nothing to blame for it but his own poor judgment in his choice to mislead the American people.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,342
    Interesting chart..

The problem is that Conservatives run as republicans. The current death grip the conservatives have on the party alienates all of those moderates on your chart. When you combine moderates with liberals you get a landslide for the Democrats.

Your biggest problem is that you have Conservatives acting like wing-nuts screeching about "Obama is a Commie" , the birthers, the teabaggers....

Moderates look at them and ask "Do I want to associate with those people???"