Conservatives, Lobbyists and big corp. special interests win out on healthcare

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
Looks like the only thing that people counted on the dems and Obama to get right is FUCKED.
If you ever wanted to know the exact hold corporate lobbyists and special interest groups have on Washington this is it. DESPITE opinion poll after opinion poll that stated the majority of Americans want a public option in healthcare reform it like a big fuck you to Americans is being dropped from the compromised plan! oh well I say vote these fuck ups out of washington in the mid terms and as far as health care goes I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BULLSHIT OUT OF WASHINGTON! I have been without healthcare since 2003 so doesnt make a lick of difference to me anymore.

Conservatives, Lobbyists and big corp. special interests win out on healthcare
NONE of which have any power whatsoever to stop the legislation. Only the Democrats can stop it.

All that was needed was a bill that was palatable to ALL Democrats in Congress. They don't need a single GOP vote or any GOP support to get this thing passed.

Put the blame where it actually belongs.

the ap reported the public option being dropped today and its on cbsnews.com..

After weeks of secretive talks, a bipartisan group in the Senate edged closer Monday to a health care compromise that omits two key Democratic priorities but incorporates provisions to slow the explosive rise in medical costs, officials said.

These officials said participants were on track to exclude a requirement many congressional Democrats seek for businesses to offer coverage to their workers. Nor would there be a provision for a government insurance option, despite President Barack Obama's support for such a plan.
AP: Public Option Nixed from Health Bill - CBS News

Looks like the only thing that people counted on the dems and Obama to get right is FUCKED.
If you ever wanted to know the exact hold corporate lobbyists and special interest groups have on Washington this is it. DESPITE opinion poll after opinion poll that stated the majority of Americans want a public option in healthcare reform it like a big fuck you to Americans is being dropped from the compromised plan! oh well I say vote these fuck ups out of washington in the mid terms and as far as health care goes I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS BULLSHIT OUT OF WASHINGTON! I have been without healthcare since 2003 so doesnt make a lick of difference to me anymore.

My heart goes out to you. I know that it has been tough for you. Hang in there.

Do you have any evidence for this, or are you just venting?

It sounds to me like a vent. If I'd been that long without healthcare, I would be pissed too.
P!iss and now hosed with a watered down bill that the GOP, lobbiest, and special interest groups are going to try to push through the system. If REAL health care reform does not occur now, it will never occur.

Its all about slamming Obama.

PolitiFact | Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN - Obama promise No. 517:

Promise No. 517 — To achieve health care reform, "I'm going to have all the negotiations around a big table. We'll have doctors and nurses and hospital administrators. Insurance companies, drug companies -- they'll get a seat at the table, they just won't be able to buy every chair. (meaning?) But what we will do is, we'll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN, so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents, (and this would be WHEN?) and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies. And so, that approach, I think is what is going to allow people to stay involved in this process." (the only involvement I can see we all have is we ALL are going to PAY and PAY and PAY and PAY and PAY and....)

Do you have any evidence for this, or are you just venting?

It sounds to me like a vent. If I'd been that long without healthcare, I would be pissed too.
P!iss and now hosed with a watered down bill that the GOP, lobbiest, and special interest groups are going to try to push through the system. If REAL health care reform does not occur now, it will never occur.

What part of the fact the DEMOCRATS have total control of the Government don't you RETARDS understand? How in hell do Republicans stop the majorities that the Democrats have again?

60 VOTES in the Senate, the Republicans can not even filibuster, much less demand anything without Democratic support. A large majority in the House as well.

And you fucking dim wits are STILL claiming the Republicans are to blame.

Without health care, or without insurance?
Have doctors been refusing to treat you for some sort of illness since 2003?
Tell the truth please.

What part of the fact the DEMOCRATS have total control of the Government don't you RETARDS understand? How in hell do Republicans stop the majorities that the Democrats have again?

60 VOTES in the Senate, the Republicans can not even filibuster, much less demand anything without Democratic support. A large majority in the House as well.

I'm not sure that anyone is blaming the Republicans for the delay.

In the post started by Jim H52, he posted the Yahoo news/AP article:

"Analysis: Tough decision time for Obama on health"

An exerpt: "He's going to have to choose pretty soon," Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, said Tuesday.

If Obama decides to run roughshod over the Republicans, Graham said, "he'll ruin his administration" by destroying his image as a political healer under a big tent.

Some Republicans are turning up the heat on him. Part of politics.

An exerpt: "He's going to have to choose pretty soon," Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, said Tuesday.

If Obama decides to run roughshod over the Republicans, Graham said, "he'll ruin his administration" by destroying his image as a political healer under a big tent.

Read his response he specifically blames the GOP. Last I checked that is Republicans. The Republicans have no power in this congress. They can accomplish NOTHING without Democratic support. One can not blame Republicans for any thing in this Congress since the Democrats have the votes in both houses to simply ignore the republicans. And they can prevent any filibusters as well.

Blaming the Republicans is akin to claiming your 5 year old son is responsible for the failure of the household paying the bills.

Read his response he specifically blames the GOP. Last I checked that is Republicans. The Republicans have no power in this congress. They can accomplish NOTHING without Democratic support. One can not blame Republicans for any thing in this Congress since the Democrats have the votes in both houses to simply ignore the republicans. And they can prevent any filibusters as well.

Blaming the Republicans is akin to claiming your 5 year old son is responsible for the failure of the household paying the bills.
Facts be damned, the little dimwit Obamaphiles don't mind he and Congressional Dems flat out LYING to them about who to blame.

This is true. Technically, Republicans have little to no control over what happens. But they can make the president and the democrats miserable and trash their names to people who believe everything that they hear. Example-some of the junk that is being circulated about the healthcare proposal. Some people are just too lazy to find out the facts before believing everything they read.

Forum List

Back