Conservatives have destroyed American Family Life

For working class families with 3 kids, the American dream has become the American nightmare. It takes two jobs and sometimes three just to keep your head above water. Savings are a joke. Vacations are either spent at home or with relatives. When it comes to college, the kids are on their own. A part time job doesn't even put a dent in college costs. As union jobs have dried up so has retirement plans. For most working class people, the golden years are working in a low paying jobs until you die.

The Republican solution to our financial problems is to cut taxes on the wealthy so they will have incentives to invest more in America to produce more jobs. However, more and more of those investment dollars are building plants and creating jobs overseas. Republicans would solve that problem by reducing or abolishing the minimum wage and union influence in order to drive low earners wages down to provide a source of cheap American labor.

We tried that and ended up shifting wealth from the middle class to the wealthiest Americans.

The working class wants some basic things out of life

- To raise a family in relative comfort
- A modest Home
- A chance for their children to be educated
- Quality time to spend with their family

In the last 30 years, the Middle class is more educated and has worked harder yet has less to show for their efforts. The American Dream is deteriorating

So, you're one of those idiots who lacks basic comprehension skills, huh? Am I right?

Well, if you take the government out of the equation, the corporations get to run roughshod over all of us, am I right? Do you know what reading comprehenison is?

Moronic accusations, from either side, with a bunch of droolers whining about 'government' or 'corporation's doesn't require 'comprehension skills'. It requires a lobotomy - and I haven't had one.

Moronic accusations, from either side, with a bunch of droolers whining about 'government' or 'corporation's doesn't require 'comprehension skills'. It requires a lobotomy - and I haven't had one.

In other words "They're right... I've got nothing I can refute, so I have to fire back with insults instead". Classy. Nice debating skills...

In other words "They're right... I've got nothing I can refute, so I have to fire back with insults instead". Classy. Nice debating skills...

California Girl replying with nothing but insults??

That sounds out of character

CG is parking cars in Europe, so she is really qualified to defend corporations. We love her presence her: she is an entertainer.

Last edited:

1. It's a fucking message board. There is no 'debating skill' required.

2. It's beneath my intellectual pay grade to participate in moronic threads that are designed to whine about either 'side' on something as ridiculous as the topic.

3. When I need someone to interpret my posts, I'll get someone with a brain. That removes you from my list of potential interpreters.

Moron.

It's a moronic topic. I don't waste any intellect on moronic topics.... I do, however, drop by to piss of the participants who actually might think that the topic has merit. It's not my fault you're stupid.

2. It's beneath my intellectual pay grade to participate in moronic threads that are designed to whine about either 'side' on something as ridiculous as the topic.

3. When I need someone to interpret my posts, I'll get someone with a brain. That removes you from my list of potential interpreters.

Moron.

Whispers to Mr Peepers..

She has nothing....never has

Moron.

Whispers to Mr Peepers..

She has nothing....never has

Is Mr Peepers not smart enough to work shit out for himself?

My mom always told me it's mean to laugh at stupid people..... You make it really hard to stick by her words of wisdom.

It's a moronic topic. I don't waste any intellect on moronic topics.... I do, however, drop by to piss of the participants who actually might think that the topic has merit. It's not my fault you're stupid.

The fact that the degradation of Middle class spending power has had a greater impact on diminished family life than anything the Republicans whine about is "moronic"

As usual, CG, you are clueless

I think freedom has had a greater impact, actually. (insert personal insult of anyone who disagree with me: your moms are all butt-ninjas).

Think of television and movies, and the dumbing down of pop culture. Think how being a "gangsta" now earns you emmy's and shit. Something to really strive for. A badge of honor is pimps and hoes. Ask any radio station, save Country......and 88% of television.

This is by no means a complaint. I can be degenerate as fuck, because I thought the idea of what's "proper" in the use of "language" was stupid all throughout history.......as a non-conformist.

Is Mr Peepers not smart enough to work shit out for himself?

Actually, the topic of this thread is vital to the survival of this country - a strong, stable, prosperous and productive populace. Apparently, I am not the one having trouble "working shit out"...

Mr. Peepers, I believe the thread title is a bit of a turn-off to discuss an issue. It's clearly a wide variety of reasons, and it appears disengenuous to say "Conservatives have destroyed," when looking to REALLY get to the bottom of the issue.

The government is too big, out of control, and lazy Americans seem to like that. Most liberals and conservatives want a better American life, they just have too much pride to get together, without politics and government, to work out solutions. Well, lets get to it people.

It has nothing to do with pride. You are talking about two groups of people with vastly different ideas of how to accomplish the same thing. That's the problem with getting any bipartisan action on most issues.

The government is too big, out of control, and lazy Americans seem to like that. Most liberals and conservatives want a better American life, they just have too much pride to get together, without politics and government, to work out solutions. Well, lets get to it people.

It has nothing to do with pride. You are talking about two groups of people with vastly different ideas of how to accomplish the same thing. That's the problem with getting any bipartisan action on most issues.

My pride is causing these words.

Your screen name reminds me of
tasmanian-devil-big.jpg

When I'm pretty sure it's supposed to remind me of:

tazer.jpg

Can't help but think you should have added an E. And, spelled it with an S. *shrug*

Last edited:

It is about pride. Look at the works of large "small" business. In business there are always differences of opinion on how to solve problems, swallowing one's pride, and being willing to sit down together and work out, with compromises (the enemy of pride ) the harder issues, and the small ones will seemingly smooth out. That can be done in government, or large movements on opposite sides of an issue in America.

Last edited:

Americans represent the world living together. We are a nation of nations. Right now we are a nation divided by government and politics, not by liberalism or conservatism. I believe when big government is moved out of the picture the people will handle business quite well.

So, you're one of those who just want to hand it all off to corporations, huh. Then we can become the proper idiocracy that you guys are bent on creating, I guess. Am I right?

No. We control large corporations by our use of their product. If we want something different, we just go somewhere else, or create a new source for the product. We don't have to turn anything over to them.

Smart33, this works if there is competition and a middle class to buy the products. Empower the buyer and the worker, and the corporation benefits the country and the people and makes a profit. Fail to regulate big business and it will control the people and the government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back