Conservatives,Got To Admit,DNC Convention Will Be A Laughable&Emabarrassing Event.

Name one issue framed by democrats honestly.

For repubs it is SS.

Now pipe up. I want to trash you out of the gate.

To be honest, the SS issue is framed in terms of fear. Whether it's fear of SS going bankrupt, or fear of turning into commy queors, they present the issue as one to be afraid of not dealing with, and specifically not dealing with it the Republican way. To continue being honest, the Democrats are just as guilty. It's really not about partisanship, so much as it is about politics generally. Present your agenda to the public, then insist that your agenda is not only desirable, but necessary in order to avoid undesirable consequences.

We HAVE to raise taxes, because if we don't SS will go bankrupt, and seniors will starve.

We HAVE to reduce benefits, because if we don't SS will go bankrupt, and seniors will starve.

It works the exact same way from both sides. This tactic is very similar to the sales tactic of creating a sense of urgency. If you want to close the deal on selling the car, you "warn" the potential buyer of the risks involved in delaying purchase. "It's a good thing you came in today, because the sale ends tomorrow. You've saved yourself alot of money coming in today." Or, "It's a great model. I guess that's why they've been selling so fast. We only have two of these left. Not sure when we're getting more."

I have a solution to the problem - why not have individualized SS accounts??

Oh yeah because government wants to use SS as a slush fund..

Then again the DNC could be like the bar scene from Star Wars..

cantina2.jpg

The only reason to watch a convention is to see who is going to be nominated. This year as is in most years, that's all been determined in the primaries. Hopefully, the networks will give minimum coverage.

Mr nick you hit the nail on the fucking head.
thats one of my proposals.

I think it's the most logical solution...

Hell if that was the case one could theoretically borrow against their own account if they needed money...

Hell our government could borrow against it if they paid it back with interest...

Imagine if SS was treated like a bank account?

They all should be imprisoned.
again,hating to admit it,clinton was a way better POTUS.
at least he didnt have an indonesian muslim name.
at least there wasnt a question of his eligibility.
at least he wasnt a communist.

Hmmm, an Indonesian Muslim Communist. I never knew such a thing existed. I guess I can now count myself as being informed. :cuckoo:

Mr nick you hit the nail on the fucking head.
thats one of my proposals.

I think it's the most logical solution...

Hell if that was the case one could theoretically borrow against their own account if they needed money...

Hell our government could borrow against it if they paid it back with interest...

Imagine if SS was treated like a bank account?

Imagine if Wall Street stole it all and left the government on the hook to cover the losses like they did with so many pension plans? It's exactly what would happen.

Name one issue framed by democrats honestly.

For repubs it is SS.

Now pipe up. I want to trash you out of the gate.

To be honest, the SS issue is framed in terms of fear. Whether it's fear of SS going bankrupt, or fear of turning into commy queors, they present the issue as one to be afraid of not dealing with, and specifically not dealing with it the Republican way. To continue being honest, the Democrats are just as guilty. It's really not about partisanship, so much as it is about politics generally. Present your agenda to the public, then insist that your agenda is not only desirable, but necessary in order to avoid undesirable consequences.

We HAVE to raise taxes, because if we don't SS will go bankrupt, and seniors will starve.

We HAVE to reduce benefits, because if we don't SS will go bankrupt, and seniors will starve.

It works the exact same way from both sides. This tactic is very similar to the sales tactic of creating a sense of urgency. If you want to close the deal on selling the car, you "warn" the potential buyer of the risks involved in delaying purchase. "It's a good thing you came in today, because the sale ends tomorrow. You've saved yourself alot of money coming in today." Or, "It's a great model. I guess that's why they've been selling so fast. We only have two of these left. Not sure when we're getting more."
Saving S.S. is and has always been a no brainer. Just raise the retirement age gradually until it matches life expectancy. If Congress does nothing, S.S. benefits will be reduced by about 20% in 20 to 30 years. Congress simply does not want to cut a program that has wide public support. Medicare is a much more serious problem.

The laugh riot will be the republican scarefest convention where all optimism will be required to be left at the door. Maybe they will put depends undergarments in the gift bags so they can piss their pants in terror with discretion.

They will have a hard time beating the purple heart band-aids they handed out in 2004, or the t-shirts that said "Intolerance is a Beautiful Thing" they handed out in 1996.

I know...how about more flip-flops...this time to wave at their own nominee.

OWS are a bunch of traitorous subversive anti american human garbage.

I know this is difficult to fathom but vampiric68 appears to be even dumber than Willow Tree. I know, Willow Tree always seemed to be 'absolute zero' but damn, v68 is off the charts.

How does it make him dumb just because he has a different opinion of them than you do? Maybe because the left would just like to shut all us righties up? You don't think we should have an opinion different than yours?

What has the OWS done besides make a mess out of the cities they're protesting in. In fact....are they even still around? What did they accomplish?? All the accomplished is making fools of themselves.... Lol!

You know....vampiric68 is not a Leftie....you know, the one who wants Democrats all arrested.

Debbie Wasserman's speech just may upstage Miss South Carolinas funniest video on You-Tube, she will probably say something like: Wasserman: I Personally beleive that summa people in our nation dont have depends or adult diapers because ah,,,suma people in our nation can't afford diapers because Obama spent all our money on somma things our nation doesnt need. Like all the billions wasted on Solynrda and very very expensive vacations Obama and his husband michelle spent on your tax dollars,therefore we will not be able to give out free depends for all of you dumbass U.S. Americans.

I doubt it will be funny at all. More than likely extremely boring or extremely violent, assuming the media covers it. Which im sure they will.

now tell us once again who it was who threatened to with hold military pay and social security checks? Which party made a video of paul Ryan throwing a wheel chair bound granma off the cliff? I bet you don't have the balls to tell us who did that. but' as ever we'll wait patiently.

Who is constantly trying to scare the wits out of children with pictures of drowning polar bears?

Forum List

Back