Conservatives don't have a foot left to shoot

The "common sense" of you don't spend more than what you bring in is way too much for our "college educated fool professors" to handle.

And the "Educated fools" they preach too are here on this board posting this crap--LOL

There has never been a poor person--that was employed by another poor person--EVER"

So much for your tickle up economics B.S.

Last edited:
The Bush White House was full of graduates of Liberty ... all dumb as hell.
i do believe you are incorrect
do you have any proof to back up your claim?

also, i wonder how many law degrees you have and from where
whats the matter?

you cant answer the fucking question?

No Divecon they cannot answer the question. It's typically "grab" the Bush conspiracy theory handbook--you know that by now! He/She is askiing how many "degrees you have"--LOL.

That's a liberal for you--Common Sense totally evades them- They're nothing but a bunch "book"-taught--educated FOOLS---LOL!

So Hey LIB--GIVE ME THE name of your BEST BUSINESS college professor with degrees coming out of his ass. I want to call him to see if he has got any "freaking" advice for me with a 30+ years I have been as a successful electircal contractor & having more than 20 full time employees--with my High School diploma. After 30+ years, I believe I have earned a PHD in business. But I sure don't have any "worthless degrees to show for it." In my business a college degree and a dime will buy you a cup of coffee. It's all about EXPERIENCE.

Last edited:
Again the economic numbers in 1982 could not have been impacted by the Bush reagan tax cuts which don't take effect until the begnning of October 1982, when Reagan's first budget came online. The fiscal year 1981 budget October 1981 to September of 1982 was already a done deal When Bush took office. So bad shit that happens in a president's 1st year is always the responsibility of the previous administration.

No truly major tax increases come into play during Reagans 1st four years.

Again the economic numbers in 1982 could not have been impacted by the Bush reagan tax cuts which don't take effect until the begnning of October 1982, when Reagan's first budget came online. The fiscal year 1981 budget October 1981 to September of 1982 was already a done deal When Bush took office. So bad shit that happens in a president's 1st year is always the responsibility of the previous administration. [Unless the previous administration is GOP followed by a Dem, then the Dem is responsible from the day elected, of course.]

Typical revisionist BALONEY!

Fiscal year 1981 began Oct 1 1980 and ended Sept 30 1981. Reagan's first budget started Oct 1 1981 and ended in failure Sept 30 1982.

In 1982 alone, Reagan The Taxer signed into law not one but two major tax increases. The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) raised taxes by $37.5 billion per year and the Highway Revenue Act raised the gasoline tax by another $3.3 billion.

According to a 2003 Treasury Department study, TEFRA alone raised taxes by almost 1 percent of the gross domestic product, making it the largest peacetime tax increase in American history.

In 1983, Reagan signed legislation raising the Social Security tax rate. This is a tax increase that lives with us still, since it initiated automatic increases in the taxable wage base. As a consequence, those with moderately high earnings see their payroll taxes rise every single year.

In 1984, Reagan signed another big tax increase in the Deficit Reduction Act. This raised taxes by $18 billion per year or 0.4 percent of GDP.

The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 raised taxes yet again. Even the Tax Reform Act of 1986, which was designed to be revenue-neutral, contained a net tax increase in its first 2 years. And the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987 raised taxes still more.

Here is a list of Reagan's tax increases by term after his ONLY tax cut in 1981.

First term

1. Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982

2. Highway Revenue Act of 1982

3. Social Security Amendments of 1983

4. Interest and Dividend Tax Compliance Act of 1983

5. Deficit Reduction Act of 1984

Second term

6. Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985

7. Tax Reform Act of 1986

8. Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987

The "common sense" of you don't spend more than what you bring in is way too much for our "college educated fool professors" to handle.

And the "Educated fools" they preach too are here on this board posting this crap--LOL

There has never been a poor person--that was employed by another poor person--EVER" [/quote]

Sheer nonsense.

I've employed people even when I could bearly pay my own bills.

I still employ doctors, lawyers, all sort of people.

Lots of money catering to the poor.

Yours is the revisionist Bullshit. the Budget year beginning October 1981 was largely in the books by the time Reagan was sworn in Jan 81. Even if it had not been the entire impact of the tax cuts would not possibly have been felt since it was a rate cut rather than a rebate until taxes were filed for 1982 somewhere between January 31, 1983 and April 15, 1983.

Yours is the revisionist Bullshit. the Budget year beginning October 1981 was largely in the books by the time Reagan was sworn in Jan 81. Even if it had not been the entire impact of the tax cuts would not possibly have been felt since it was a rate cut rather than a rebate until taxes were filed for 1982 somewhere between January 31, 1983 and April 15, 1983.

Well garyd, there you go again!
It was the budget year beginning Oct 1, 1980 that was 1 quarter in the books when Reagan was sworn in Jan 1981. He got his tax cuts in less than 200 days.
His 1981 tax cuts led to the Reagan Recession, the worst since the depression, peaking in 1982. Only AFTER Reagan raised taxes did the economy turn around.
And taxes are deducted from paychecks BEFORE April 15, so the effect of a tax cut is not delayed until April 15.
Try again.

There is going to be politics played at any public gathering whether it be at a university or at a church. You as an individual need to make hard decisions about what you believe and stick to those beliefs. I have a master's degree so I attended a lot of university classes taught by whom you all seem to believe are ultra liberal political thinkers, and yet here I am, an ultra-conservative political thinker. Hmmmm. How did that happen? Because I am not a sheeple.

Again the economic numbers in 1982 could not have been impacted by the Bush reagan tax cuts which don't take effect until the begnning of October 1982, when Reagan's first budget came online. The fiscal year 1981 budget October 1981 to September of 1982 was already a done deal When Bush took office. So bad shit that happens in a president's 1st year is always the responsibility of the previous administration. [Unless the previous administration is GOP followed by a Dem, then the Dem is responsible from the day elected, of course.]

Fiscal year 1981 began Oct 1 1980 and ended Sept 30 1981. Reagan's first budget started Oct 1 1981 and ended in failure Sept 30 1982.

In 1982 alone, Reagan The Taxer signed into law not one but two major tax increases. The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) raised taxes by $37.5 billion per year and the Highway Revenue Act raised the gasoline tax by another $3.3 billion.

According to a 2003 Treasury Department study, TEFRA alone raised taxes by almost 1 percent of the gross domestic product, making it the largest peacetime tax increase in American history.

In 1983, Reagan signed legislation raising the Social Security tax rate. This is a tax increase that lives with us still, since it initiated automatic increases in the taxable wage base. As a consequence, those with moderately high earnings see their payroll taxes rise every single year.

In 1984, Reagan signed another big tax increase in the Deficit Reduction Act. This raised taxes by $18 billion per year or 0.4 percent of GDP.

The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 raised taxes yet again. Even the Tax Reform Act of 1986, which was designed to be revenue-neutral, contained a net tax increase in its first 2 years. And the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987 raised taxes still more.

Here is a list of Reagan's tax increases by term after his ONLY tax cut in 1981.

First term

Second term

Astonishingly, someone spent all of this money, too.

Well garyd, there you go again!
It was the budget year beginning Oct 1, 1980 that was 1 quarter in the books when Reagan was sworn in Jan 1981. He got his tax cuts in less than 200 days.
His 1981 tax cuts led to the Reagan Recession, the worst since the depression, peaking in 1982. Only AFTER Reagan raised taxes did the economy turn around.
And taxes are deducted from paychecks BEFORE April 15, so the effect of a tax cut is not delayed until April 15.
Try again.

So why did the trajectory of the country turn from almost a vertical downward plunge in the areas of economics, confidence and international prestige to one of ascendancy in all of these areas? If Reagan did everything wrong, what else happened that impacted these things?

Are you kidding? You lefties can't get past the Bush Administration. Or won't. That would require addressing the actions of Herr Obama.

Talking points indeed.:cuckoo:

Are you kidding? You righties can't get past the Carter Administration. Or won't. That would require addressing the actions of Herr Bush.

Reagan got his tax cut stimulus package passed early in 1981, but after unemployment rose from Carter's 7.5% to Reagan's 10.8% by Dec 1982 and the GDP for 1982 was -6.8%, no problem.

ROFLMNAO... Only a Leftist could assert that August 13th is representative of 'EARLY in 1981... which is when Reagan's first economic policy was signed into law...

Whatta lying sack of leftist... And the balance of this argument is filled with similar distortions...

The fact is that Reagan inherited the worst economic recession since WW2, when he took office; where he faced a strong majority of his political opposition in the congress... who did not get his FIRST economic policy SIGNED INTO LAW, thus was prevented from becoming US GOVERNEMNT POLICY UNTIL MID AUGUST OF 1981... That policy realized what is TO THIS DAY, the most dramatic improvement in economic conditions since US Economic stastistics have been collected, by the last quarter of 1983, Unemployment had fallen nearly three full percentage points...

First term

Second term

Astonishingly, someone spent all of this money, too.
yeah, a DEM controled congress
who happen to be the ones that pushed in those taxes as well

There is going to be politics played at any public gathering whether it be at a university or at a church. You as an individual need to make hard decisions about what you believe and stick to those beliefs. I have a master's degree so I attended a lot of university classes taught by whom you all seem to believe are ultra liberal political thinkers, and yet here I am, an ultra-conservative political thinker. Hmmmm. How did that happen? Because I am not a sheeple.

an ultra-conservative political thinker. Hmmmm. How did that happen?

Your imaginary all powerful invisible entity works in mysterious ways?

Are you kidding? You lefties can't get past the Bush Administration. Or won't. That would require addressing the actions of Herr Obama.

Are you kidding? You righties can't get past the Carter Administration. Or won't. That would require addressing the actions of Herr Bush.

Reagan got his tax cut stimulus package passed early in 1981, but after unemployment rose from Carter's 7.5% to Reagan's 10.8% by Dec 1982 and the GDP for 1982 was -6.8%, no problem.

ROFLMNAO... Only a Leftist could assert that August 13th is representative of 'EARLY in 1981... which is when Reagan's first economic policy was signed into law...

Whatta lying sack of leftist... And the balance of this argument is filled with similar distortions...

The fact is that Reagan inherited the worst economic recession since WW2, when he took office; where he faced a strong majority of his political opposition in the congress... who did not get his FIRST economic policy SIGNED INTO LAW, thus was prevented from becoming US GOVERNEMNT POLICY UNTIL MID AUGUST OF 1981... That policy realized what is TO THIS DAY, the most dramatic improvement in economic conditions since US Economic stastistics have been collected, by the last quarter of 1983, Unemployment had fallen nearly three full percentage points...

OK, using August 1981 as Reagan's economic starting point, unemployment in July 1981 was 7.2%, down from the 7.5% when Reagan took office without his Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 enacted yet, and then soared one year and four months AFTER enactment to 10.8% by November 1982 in what you call "the most dramatic improvement in economic conditions since US Economic statistics have been collected." :cuckoo:
When Reagan got the 1982 economic projections that showed his tax policy failure, St Ronnie then RAISED taxes 8 times in 6 years which is what brought about what you call "the most dramatic improvement in economic conditions since US Economic statistics have been collected."

Last edited:
Sop you think two taxes that Bush had crammed down his throat by a democratic congress that together equaled barely 1% of the GDP one of which was little more than glorified user fee had a major impact? Are you delusional or what?

Taxes are controlled by congress, not the president and the Democrats have controlled one or both houses of congress for nearly seventy of the last eighty years and you want to blame Republicans for what a largely Demcratically controlled congress has wrought? Do you know why most president almost always look for somethig to do over seas? Because constitutionally their impact domestically -especially if the congress is controlled by opposition parties - is at best miniscule.

Private Institute, can do as it pleases.

However, if it is receiving any Government money that won't stand.

None of you minds one bit when Liberal Professors brow beat and censor non liberal students. IN Government funded Colleges to boot.

It is real simple actually, the professor and his hired students make it clear you will tow the Professors belief line or you will fail.

Now go ahead and claim it doesn't happen.

I figure this will end up in court somewhere. There is some government money somewhere in there.

Don't get any matches near that professor comment. You like to get your strawmen set up early in the debate, don't you?

Ol' RGS is all strawmen. Little knowledge, and less ambition to do any real research on any subject. His mind is already made up, and no amount of stinkin' facts is going to change it.

And I listen to how all "Lib-ber-uls" are lazy bastards on welfare all the time. Yet here I am, only working 40 hrs a week for the first time in several decades. Most of the time, my work week has been six days, often seven, and more ten and twelve hour days than eight. And I am a liberal.

How did this happen? None of us are stereotypes, and all of us have our individual dreams, opinions, and ambitions. And only about 30% are sheeple, otherwise known as 'dittoheads':lol:

Forum List

Back