Conservatives don't have a foot left to shoot

Childress says she was told by Mark Hine, the vice president of student affairs, that "'You can't be a Democrat and be a Christian and be a university representative.'"

Because that's too much to handle all at once?

I wonder if any other private colleges have a mandate against Republican groups?

Private Institute, can do as it pleases.

However, if it is receiving any Government money that won't stand.

None of you minds one bit when Liberal Professors brow beat and censor non liberal students. IN Government funded Colleges to boot.

It is real simple actually, the professor and his hired students make it clear you will tow the Professors belief line or you will fail.

Now go ahead and claim it doesn't happen.

None of you minds one bit when Liberal Professors brow beat and censor non liberal students. IN Government funded Colleges to boot.

It is real simple actually, the professor and his hired students make it clear you will tow the Professors belief line or you will fail.

Brow beat and censor? In my experience they try to have an honest debate but can't get the conservatives past the few talking points that have been memorized. That's why as a person gains more education they're more likely to shift to the left.

Meh, extremists on both sides whine about censorship but also use it all the time. All the leaders and "higher education" morons are all extremists.

Brow beat and censor? In my experience they try to have an honest debate but can't get the conservatives past the few talking points that have been memorized. That's why as a person gains more education they're more likely to shift to the left.

Wrong as usual, the ones that shift left as they get older are those that do not have to operate in the real world, the rich and spoiled and academics that live in their own fantasy world.

There is an old saying about Liberals and Conservatives. I suggest you look it up.

• Banned

I figure this will end up in court somewhere. There is some government money somewhere in there.

Don't get any matches near that professor comment. You like to get your strawmen set up early in the debate, don't you?

Wrong as usual, the ones that shift left as they get older are those that do not have to operate in the real world, the rich and spoiled and academics that live in their own fantasy world.

There is an old saying about Liberals and Conservatives. I suggest you look it up.

Really? Censoring a kid in a public school just because he was doing a report on a "gay" rights activist? Censoring the word "fuck" on public TV just because kids might hear it? This is all somehow any better or different? Seriously, you can claim your "party" is better than the other and blindly follow it, that doesn't mean you are right.

You are becoming a first rate douche.

It's Jerry Falwell's uni, it's not a matter of 'conservatives' it's those dopey evangelicals.

I figure this will end up in court somewhere. There is some government money somewhere in there.

Don't get any matches near that professor comment. You like to get your strawmen set up early in the debate, don't you?

I concur, the chances that they are not receiving funds is HIGHLY unlikely.

Further, when Institutions do stuff like this, it does not take a court to shut them down, THEY depend on paying students. ( BY the way, there would be the most likely avenue to pursue on Federal Funds) Further they depend on good will and being seen as sort of Impartial.

As to what happens in Colleges, either you were blind while there or have never been. Happens even in little Community Colleges.

Really? Censoring a kid in a public school just because he was doing a report on a "gay" rights activist? Censoring the word "fuck" on public TV just because kids might hear it? This is all somehow any better or different? Seriously, you can claim your "party" is better than the other and blindly follow it, that doesn't mean you are right.

Last I checked CONSERVATIVES where not really a party. But you go ahead and play your ignorant little games.

By the way, provide evidence a "kid" was censored in a public school for doing a report on a "gay" activist. Last I checked the "kid" got to give the report AFTER the parents of the other students were given the opportunity to prevent their children from participating.

Last I checked CONSERVATIVES where not really a party. But you go ahead and play your ignorant little games.

By the way, provide evidence a "kid" was censored in a public school for doing a report on a "gay" activist. Last I checked the "kid" got to give the report AFTER the parents of the other students were given the opportunity to prevent their children from participating.

Yeah, they had to "call someone" because some morons wanted to push it. You are so full of shit because of blindly following your "party" (note the fucking quotes) that you can't see the truth much. Both sides are censoring, period, and yes, it's censoring and nothing else. Just because it's censoring what you don't want to see or hear doesn't make it better or different. So when the libs complain about it I actually take their side just as much as yours. Now here's something you will want to censor: Fags gave you better fashion, without their influence none of us females would be interested in your fugly asses. There ... it's fact, and should be taught in school, since you don't think the word "gay" should be heard by kids :cuckoo:

I checked their website and they had a link to sign up for finacial aid which means they are getting money from the government so I don't see this standing up.
I am surprised they have any democrats that chose to go to this school though.:lol:

I checked their website and they had a link to sign up for finacial aid which means they are getting money from the government so I don't see this standing up.
I am surprised they have any democrats that chose to go to this school though.:lol:

That's why it seems like another shot in the foot.(must look like swiss cheese by now) The number of liberal students would surely be a minority, hold little sway and pose little to no danger to anything at the University. It looks like a political stunt. Everyone and his cousin is shooting for the republican reigns and the evangelicals are again using the wedge issues and isolating the party further.

I think it's a good move, for Democrats. Many otherwise democratic voters have crossed lines on the evangelical issues. Rove mined that pit for all it was worth, capturing liberal, religious voters for Bush. Now if the evangelicals do just the opposite, clsoing the ranks even tighter and openly ostracizing these people, that tactic is shot.

It fits with the entire direction of the Republican party for sometime now, narrowing the platform to a couple of issues, thus narrowing their appeal to many intelligent Americans who understand that the fate of the country does not rest on abortion and gays alone.

Liberty is a private religious school originally created by Jerry Falwell ally Bob Jones if memory serves. What the hell do you expect?

Liberty is a private religious school originally created by Jerry Falwell ally Bob Jones if memory serves. What the hell do you expect?
actually, by Fallwell himself

notice how all the liberal posters in this thread have totally ignored that

actually, by Fallwell himself

notice how all the liberal posters in this thread have totally ignored that

Meh, they do get some government funding, if they dropped that then there is no legal way to stop them. Regardless, they are "higher education" anyhoo, and honestly if all of those schools blew up I wouldn't care.

Forum List

Back