Conservatives, clean out your house

"I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism- Ronald Reagan

It's what I firmly believe. I will take it a step further than the Gipper and say, the soul of America is libertarianism.

I am probably halfway between libertarian and conservative if there is such a thing. In truth I cannot go "full libertarian" because I do believe the Free Markets, for example, do need a LIGHT (keyword: light) hand in gov't oversight. But I completely understand the philosophy behind this post.

Like most ideology, 100% loyalty to a theory is not common, or even practical. There are a few issues I do not just accept common libertarian ideals, such as non-interventionalism. I believe there is a time and place for external activities, few of them involve war though.

Also, legalizing everything and/or open borders. Neither of these ideas sit well with me, however, I believe in common sense justice and punishment. Meaning, certain methods by police should be banned and punishable if used, and, sentences for certain crimes and misdemeanours must not be extremely harsh. A focus on
rehabilitation/correction also more sensible.

Regardless, the basic concept is, small government. Let citizens be free and to their own devices. Broad civil liberties. Free maket capitalism, which mean little to no subsidies for businesses, instead tax incentives, especially for smaller businesses, etc. Yes, I also believe tariffs are warranted and should be demanded by the public, when other nations exploit you.

Conservatism has become a joke. The term has been hijacked. In this forum there are perhaps a few real, legitimate conservatives. The rest are right wing or alt right racists. Conservatism is not about using the force of government to deny rights. Nor is conservatism about using the force of government to deny, expression, peaceful protest, religious liberty, free speech, freedom of the press, equal protection of all Americans, voter suppression or almost everything most conservatives here endorse.

Maybe it's time for conservatives to return to an emphasis on controlling excess government spending. Perhaps it's time to purge the conservative population of CINOS who want ethnic cleansing and a whites only nation.

Agree IM2 where this applies to ALL PARTIES
going through similar upheavals in house.

Same is going on with Liberals and Democrats.
ALL PARTIES I know are going through the SAME
DIVISIONS and HOUSECLEANING FIGHTS.

Democrats
Republicans
the Greens and Constitution Party members
I know are dealing with massive divisions on
how to address conflicts within their parties.

Isn't it clear why?

These Parties have been acting as Political Religions.
People aren't going to agree on beliefs, but divide into
DENOMINATIONS. So they all have problems with
how are they going to get and keep GROUP NUMBERS
as large as possible, while dealing with DIFFERENCES
that are dividing them into smaller factions.

These parties want it both ways.

They want to keep their members voting in cahoots
as a group so they can win elections.

But that means they have to either settle differences
or compromise, and people generally aren't willing to
compromise their BELIEFS. So all parties are going
through this.

Not just Conservatives IM2
You are right on point if you take what you
posted above and apply that to ALL PARTIES.

Conservatism has become a joke. The term has been hijacked. In this forum there are perhaps a few real, legitimate conservatives. The rest are right wing or alt right racists. Conservatism is not about using the force of government to deny rights. Nor is conservatism about using the force of government to deny, expression, peaceful protest, religious liberty, free speech, freedom of the press, equal protection of all Americans, voter suppression or almost everything most conservatives here endorse.

Maybe it's time for conservatives to return to an emphasis on controlling excess government spending. Perhaps it's time to purge the conservative population of CINOS who want ethnic cleansing and a whites only nation.
Project much? Democrats took innocent concervative elected men, tried to build a criminal House of Cards around numerous prominent Republicans, not a blemish in sight, and turned your own Congress into a minefield of calumny. You tapped a helpless old man, who happened to be the richest man in the world, to fund the largest criminal hoax in American history against the BEST men in the world, and here you are again, slinging feces at the best President in America's fiscal history because your politicians are so vacuous and corrupt all that they have left is you to continue on, paid well and steeped in your atheists' religion of casting spells on people you cannot beat down with the old one-two anymore.

Go fling your damn feces someplace else. Your ugly, nasty, lying Clintonistas have been examined and found to be dealing from the bottom of the deck, perverting tax money into pocket-liners to augment your Soros gleanings.

What sick, pathetic, nasty rotton people would go after more innocent men who've done nothing except try to fight you with volunteer armies of conservatives barely able to pay their bills after you send your minions out to kicks us in our homes, through high taxes on property, expropriation of our resources, destruction of people with your army of not-a-soul-among-them lawyering who bring up the same hoaxes six deep now, monitoring bank accounts to make certain they're empty and no longer able to pay fees without selling the American dream it took them a lifetime of honest hard work to earn.

What a bunch of god damn Communists you are, forcing people who defended this nation to go broke after living a sterling life of hard work and devotion to God and country. You make me sick, IM2. You're going on ignore.

Who spreads the most fake news on Facebook? These two groups of people

Princeton study: Republicans baby boomers are more likely to share #fakenews on Facebook

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Well I will agree with you about this: there are a lot of white supremacist racists on this forum, a surprising amount. If you just go by this forum you would think that all conservatives are hiding racist tendencies. But then, if I went by this site I might think a lot of black people really hate and resent whites too, and I know that's not true.

It's the Internet.

So that's for starters.

As for enders: I don't think it's conservatism that has so worry about becoming "a joke". We currently have the presidency, the Senate, and the Supreme Court. Democrats have the House but by a tenuous thread--there's a vicious fight as you must know. Not only that, but you have a weak group of contenders for president here in 2020. So I really don't think conservatism is the "joke" here.

I will address only a small part of your post. You said conservatives have the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court was never intended to be a political part of the government any more than the police were intended to be political. The law is the law, and should apply to all equally, and any court rulings should be based on that law, and not which political candidate the justices might support. I fear Trump's appointees will not base their decisions to the law.

• Thanks
...these right wing extremists are the problem no matter what you think.
Close.

Extremism is the problem.

No, I said it correctly. Right wing extremism is the problem. This is not the 60's when left wing groups was blowing shit up and kidnapping people. I know what I'm saying. ANTIFA is not the problem, the right wing violence that causes the need for Antifa is. ANTIFA had nothing to do with the guy who decided to run people over. Over 70 percent of the domestic acts of terror that have been committed since 9-11 have been by right wing groups. This number alone shows that the problem does not come from both sides.

Close.

No, I said it correctly. Right wing extremism is the problem. This is not the 60's when left wing groups was blowing shit up and kidnapping people. I know what I'm saying. ANTIFA is not the problem, the right wing violence that causes the need for Antifa is. ANTIFA had nothing to do with the guy who decided to run people over. Over 70 percent of the domestic acts of terror that have been committed since 9-11 have been by right wing groups. This number alone shows that the problem does not come from both sides.
So make up your mind, please.

Does the Left have any housecleaning to do, or does it not?

And if so, please tell us where you would start.

Thanks in advance.

Well I will agree with you about this: there are a lot of white supremacist racists on this forum, a surprising amount. If you just go by this forum you would think that all conservatives are hiding racist tendencies. But then, if I went by this site I might think a lot of black people really hate and resent whites too, and I know that's not true.

It's the Internet.

So that's for starters.

As for enders: I don't think it's conservatism that has so worry about becoming "a joke". We currently have the presidency, the Senate, and the Supreme Court. Democrats have the House but by a tenuous thread--there's a vicious fight as you must know. Not only that, but you have a weak group of contenders for president here in 2020. So I really don't think conservatism is the "joke" here.

I will address only a small part of your post. You said conservatives have the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court was never intended to be a political part of the government any more than the police were intended to be political. The law is the law, and should apply to all equally, and any court rulings should be based on that law, and not which political candidate the justices might support. I fear Trump's appointees will not base their decisions to the law.

Okie dokey so we're supposed to pretend that justices are straight down the middle all the time. That's why the Ruth Bader Ginsburg don't die jokes are all the rage among the Left, right? Cause she's just a middle type o'lady. And Kagan...and Sotomayor.....

giphy.gif

You extremists can howl all you want but I live in a republican state. I have seen the division between honest republican conservatives and the extremists that hijacked the term.

How many more handouts will it take for you to stop feeling like a victim?

Pelosi isn't a conservative and the only ethnic cleansing in America happens in Planned Parenthood.

How many more handouts will it take for you to stop feeling like a victim?

Pelosi isn't a conservative and the only ethnic cleansing in America happens in Planned Parenthood.

As many handouts as whites have been given since 1776. You are not a conservative. You exemplify everything talked about in the OP.

It's the Internet.

So that's for starters.

Okie dokey so we're supposed to pretend that justices are straight down the middle all the time. That's why the Ruth Bader Ginsburg don't die jokes are all the rage among the Left, right? Cause she's just a middle type o'lady. And Kagan...and Sotomayor.....

giphy.gif

Compared to Kavanaugh, yes.

• Thanks
Close.

So make up your mind, please.

Does the Left have any housecleaning to do, or does it not?

And if so, please tell us where you would start.

Thanks in advance.
Looking forward to your response!

You extremists can howl all you want but I live in a republican state. I have seen the division between honest republican conservatives and the extremists that hijacked the term.

Are you trying for straight projection?

Are we supposed to pretend that the Open Borders party is not the extremist party now or what???

As IM2:
Conservatism is not about using the force of government to deny rights. Nor is conservatism about using the force of government to deny, expression, peaceful protest, religious liberty, free speech, freedom of the press, equal protection of all Americans, voter suppression or almost everything most conservatives here endorse.​

The above merits repeating it.

There does not seem to be any workable definition of the term "conservative" anymore. Now the people who self-identify as "conservative" are refusing to follow the time-tested procedures of government and diplomacy and follow those rules, and seek to abuse the authority of government to deprive other people of the right to make decisions regarding their personal lives, destroy the civil rights we have worked so hard to establish and maintain, alienate all of our allies and potential allies, destroy the systems that we have set up to alleviate our social problems, and bankrupt the nation, among other things. They have acted in the exact opposite manner from that which the term used to mean.

It is no accident that we now use the term "conservative" to describe societies in which some groups of citizens are deprived of the rights enjoyed by others.

Can you give an example? Name some names of people you are beotching about. This sounds like another beotch session.

Not possible, the "deplorables" own the republican party now. They have it pretty good too. Run-of-the-mill voters fear their wrath nearly as much as they fear the various boogymen used to keep them obedient. It must really suck to be so afraid.
Deplorables is just another fear based boogyman term.
It did so well last time, you should triple down on it.
:113:
Sorry guy, good people actually do deplore hateful racist shitheads.

Forum List

Back