Conservatives cheering for Russia's naked aggresion

Don't know if this is getting any coverage in the U.S but a taped conversation between Estonia's Foreign Minister and the head of EU Foreign Affairs supports Putin's allegations that a Far Right coup has taken place in Ukraine. It suggests current government officials organized the sniper attacks in Kiev where both police and protesters were shot dead.

British EU chief hears Ukraine shooting claim in bugged call

So a phone call between two people who had nothing to do with the event proves that Ukraine officials ordered their soldiers to shoot protestors? Well a friend of my father's brother's uncle says your full of shit. Her personally witnessed the event and says there were no snipers present.

Propaganda that originates in Russia. Dupes over here will probably help the Russians and Putin spread the story.

Don't know if this is getting any coverage in the U.S but a taped conversation between Estonia's Foreign Minister and the head of EU Foreign Affairs supports Putin's allegations that a Far Right coup has taken place in Ukraine. It suggests current government officials organized the sniper attacks in Kiev where both police and protesters were shot dead.

So a phone call between two people who had nothing to do with the event proves that Ukraine officials ordered their soldiers to shoot protestors? Well a friend of my father's brother's uncle says your full of shit. Her personally witnessed the event and says there were no snipers present.

Listen to the phone call for yourself.

From the International Business Times (YouTube video of leaked phone call included):

A phone conversation suggesting snipers who shot protesters in Kiev might have acted on the orders delivered by the opposition coalition - not former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovich - has been leaked online.

The phone conversation features Estonian foreign minister Urmas Paet telling EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton his suspicions regarding sniper attacks on protestors that took place in Kiev in February.

According to the description of the related video uploaded on YouTube, the call was taped by officers of the Ukrainian security services (SBU), loyal to Yanukovich.

Paet is heard telling Ashton that there was evidence both protesters and security forces came under sniper fire during the deadly protests in the Ukrainian capital last month.

During the conversation Paet airs the possibility that members of the opposition coalition might have had something to do with the shootings.

"What was quite disturbing, this same Olga told that, well, all the evidence shows that people who were killed by snipers from both sides, among policemen and people from the streets, that they were the same snipers killing people from both sides," Paet is heard as saying.

"She also showed me some photos, she said that she is medical doctor, she can say it is the same handwriting, the same type of bullets, and it's really disturbing that the new coalition, that they don't want to investigate what exactly happened."

The woman named "Olga", cited by Paet, is believed to be head of the Maidan medical service, Olga Bogomolets.

"So there is a stronger and stronger understanding that behind snipers it was not Yanukovych, it was somebody from the new coalition," Paet says.

"I think we do want to investigate. I didn't pick that up, that's interesting. Gosh," Ashton replies.

The Estonian foreign ministry confirmed the recording was genuine and the 11-minute conversation took place on 26 February.

"The recording of a telephone conversation between Foreign Minister Urmas Paet and High Representative Catherine Ashton that has been leaked online is authentic," the ministry said.

"We reject the claim that Paet was giving an assessment of the opposition's involvement in the violence. "

"It is extremely regrettable that phone calls are being intercepted," Paet added. "The fact that this phone call has been leaked is not a coincidence."

A spokesperson for Ashton refused to comment.

Ukraine Protests: Leaked EU Phone Call Suggests Kiev Snipers Were Hired by Opposition Coalition

Last edited:

From the International Business Times (YouTube video of leaked phone call included):

A phone conversation suggesting snipers who shot protesters in Kiev might have acted on the orders delivered by the opposition coalition - not former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovich - has been leaked online.

The phone conversation features Estonian foreign minister Urmas Paet telling EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton his suspicions regarding sniper attacks on protestors that took place in Kiev in February.

According to the description of the related video uploaded on YouTube, the call was taped by officers of the Ukrainian security services (SBU), loyal to Yanukovich.

Paet is heard telling Ashton that there was evidence both protesters and security forces came under sniper fire during the deadly protests in the Ukrainian capital last month.

During the conversation Paet airs the possibility that members of the opposition coalition might have had something to do with the shootings.

"What was quite disturbing, this same Olga told that, well, all the evidence shows that people who were killed by snipers from both sides, among policemen and people from the streets, that they were the same snipers killing people from both sides," Paet is heard as saying.

"She also showed me some photos, she said that she is medical doctor, she can say it is the same handwriting, the same type of bullets, and it's really disturbing that the new coalition, that they don't want to investigate what exactly happened."

The woman named "Olga", cited by Paet, is believed to be head of the Maidan medical service, Olga Bogomolets.

"So there is a stronger and stronger understanding that behind snipers it was not Yanukovych, it was somebody from the new coalition," Paet says.

"I think we do want to investigate. I didn't pick that up, that's interesting. Gosh," Ashton replies.

The Estonian foreign ministry confirmed the recording was genuine and the 11-minute conversation took place on 26 February.

"The recording of a telephone conversation between Foreign Minister Urmas Paet and High Representative Catherine Ashton that has been leaked online is authentic," the ministry said.

"We reject the claim that Paet was giving an assessment of the opposition's involvement in the violence. "

"It is extremely regrettable that phone calls are being intercepted," Paet added. "The fact that this phone call has been leaked is not a coincidence."

Ukraine Protests: Leaked EU Phone Call Suggests Kiev Snipers Were Hired by Opposition Coalition

That proves exactly zip.

watch

That proves exactly zip.

Well....yeah, but it's an authentic phone leak.

Back to the US/EU supporting fascists in a "color revolution" part deux. The new deptuty PM, Oleksandr Sych, is a member of the Svoboda party. The World Jewish Congress wants these people banned from all aspects of the EU political process. We're dealing with far right nuts and anti-semites. Anti-semitism is a European religion of sorts, so this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Also, the US hypocrisy in this fiasco is mind boggling.The precedent for the Crimea's return to Russia can be found in the US-backed secession of Kosovo from Serbia. A fair resolution for all parties would be the Finlandization of the Ukraine. These NATO-backed coups are getting old and predictable.

Pravy Sektor: far-right in new Ukraine government - video

Europe Editor Matt Frei went to meet the leader of Ukraine's Pravy Sektor, one of the far-right groups who have taken power in Ukraine's interim government.

Last edited:
Wait, are we cheering it or do we want to go to war with Russia over it? I can't keep track of all the Democrat talking points here.

repubs have done no such thing

but left-wing fruitcakes have their talking points

What Giuliani describes here is a dictator. I guess he has a mancrush on Putin, too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzrBNUzCmD4]Rachel Maddow:Giuliani fawns over Putin's 'leadership' 03.03.2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back