Conservatives are Blinded to the Obvious by Party Devotion

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
For years, wages in the USA (and other Western countries) have been systematically frozen or even lowered by shipping domestic work to poverty states and driving up unemployment domestically. The major Multi-National corporations have driven wages down and if left to their own devices, will continue to do so until our average lifestyle becomes comparable to that found in China (where over 200,000,000 people live on less than a dollar a day).
Here in America, our government passed laws that actually offer financial advantages and tax breaks for opening plants overseas and outsourcing even white collar work. Yet Conservatives actually DEFEND these policies and say they are necessary for American companies to remain competitive. This is complete bull but they are so brain-washed by the Right Wing media machine, they can't see the obvious. In the 70's and even into the 80's, you rarely saw homeless people except in the poorest of neighborhoods. Now they're everywhere. While major corporations, billionaires and the Military Industrial Complex have benefitted in every possible way, the lifestyle of virtually everyone else has declined. Now, we are so accustomed to seeing poor homeless people in EVERY city, we're desensitised to it.
While the multi-national companies that control the world's wealth have have been handed more and more of our wealth with the help of government redistribution, they have managed to convince Conservatives that the reason so many people have less than ever, is the fault of the citizens. Or the government who these companies have bought and paid for. Machiavelli would be proud. This lie is obvious to anyone who has their eyes open and can see beyond the propaganda.
Let's look at the claim that it would hurt both companies AND people at home, if the financial incentives were removed for shipping jobs to poverty states.
So let's say we bring the labor back. What would happen to the price of cars? They would probably go up by 3 - 8%. But the number of people able to buy them would increase dramatically. The price of food? It would not increase at all. We don't outsource that. The price of laptop computers? Less than one or two percent, if that.
But the Multi-National Companies want Americans to believe that bringing jobs back to America would be a bad thing - or that America's problems would be solved if we would just kept lowering wages until New York looked like Calcutta. They want us to remain a FIRE economy and make sure all decent paying jobs in manufacturing etc... are performed only in poverty states.
What would be the actual effect? Americans would enjoy a better lifestyle but the Multi-Nationals would make slightly less money. Keep in mind, for them, slightly less money is billions. But for us, it means a job, food, health care and a future for our children.
This propaganda has been going on for quite some time. If you look on political chat boards etc... you will see that for over a year - just as they had been told to think - Conservatives maintained that the economy would be great and unemployment would end, once those evil Liberal influences were eradicated and Major Corporations were once again profitible. Then the reports came out showing that those Saviours of the Working Man - Major Corporations, had been enjoying record breaking profits all that time. Oops. Time for a little more brain-washing. So then they were told that the problem was that those billionaire CEO's were so afraid and intimidated by Obama, the mere thought that he existed and might raise taxes some day, stopped them from hiring Americans. Of course, this won a huge victory for the Conservatives in the 2010 election and so as of then, Obama and the Liberal Democrats couldn't pass a law if they wanted to. So NOW what is the reason things are so bad? The tax rate on corporations is too high. If only they had more money! Oops. The report just came out that, by using all those perfectly legal loopholes, given to them by the government officials they bought and paid for, the average Fortune 500 pays an effective rate of 18.5%. Oops.
It boggles the mind that reasonably intelligent people can't see the obvious. But that's what devotion to a political party or ideology does to a person. Which is why I'm an Independent.

We have exported jobs, while importing workers. The math never adds up.

The greatest and most destructive brainwash seems to be that 'one must choose a side'.

The greatest and most destructive brainwash seems to be that 'one must choose a side'.
Agreed!
For years, wages in the USA have been systematically frozen or even lowered by shipping domestic work to poverty states and driving up unemployment domestically. The major Multi-National corporations have driven wages down and if left to their own devices, will continue to do so until our average lifestyle becomes comparable to that found in China .
Here in America, our government passed laws that actually offer financial advantages and tax breaks for opening plants overseas and outsourcing even white collar work. Yet Conservatives actually DEFEND these policies and say they are necessary for American companies to remain competitive.
<snip>
Where did you copy your statement from?

Conservatives?
President Obama Signs Trade Agreements and Trade Adjustment Assistance Into Law
President Obama Signs Trade Agreements and Trade Adjustment Assistance Into Law | Office of the United States Trade Representative

And just think, it all started with NAFTA.
NAFTA signed into law &mdash; History.com This Day in History &mdash; 12/8/1993
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is signed into law by President Bill Clinton. Clinton said he hoped the agreement would encourage other nations to work toward a broader world-trade pact.

North American Free Trade Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It boggles the mind that reasonably intelligent people can't see the obvious

You've been reading their childish posts for a while here, haven't you?

Does anything they've written to date lead you to believe these are reasonably intelligent people?

Agreed!
For years, wages in the USA have been systematically frozen or even lowered by shipping domestic work to poverty states and driving up unemployment domestically. The major Multi-National corporations have driven wages down and if left to their own devices, will continue to do so until our average lifestyle becomes comparable to that found in China .
Here in America, our government passed laws that actually offer financial advantages and tax breaks for opening plants overseas and outsourcing even white collar work. Yet Conservatives actually DEFEND these policies and say they are necessary for American companies to remain competitive.
<snip>

Conservatives?
President Obama Signs Trade Agreements and Trade Adjustment Assistance Into Law | Office of the United States Trade Representative

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) is signed into law by President Bill Clinton. Clinton said he hoped the agreement would encourage other nations to work toward a broader world-trade pact.

First, let me acknowledge your point abot Clinton and NAFTA. What a piece of crap. But it was the legislation that changed tax codes, that really screwed us. First in the deducting the costs of opening manufacturing plants overseas in the 70's, then of labor in the early 90's and finally the floodgate was opened in 2001 (remember about ten years ago, when you started hearing Raja on the other end of the phone at Tech-Support?)

So the thing is, there are people out there still DEFENDING these policies! They overwhelmingly belong to one group: Conservatives.

And please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this is ALL the fault of Conservatives. Liberals and Unions have certainly played a large part, as has the advent of technology that reversed the effects of the Industrial Revolution on labor proximity.
But the only people trying to protect those poor, poor, Multi-National Companies and their right to make that last, extra 100 billion dollars, at the expense of the American worker, are Conservatives.

See,you're not an Independent. I told you i would give you a chance and judge by your posts. And my judgement is that you have been disingenuous with the board in claiming you're an Independent. You have now proven you're just another partisan zealot. It's ironic considering this post of yours is accusing the other side of doing that. You're not an Independent. I think you owe the board an apology for misrepresenting yourself.

See,you're not an Independent. I told you i would give you a chance and judge by your posts. And my judgement is that you have been disingenuous with the board in claiming you're an Independent. You have now proven you're just another partisan zealot. It's ironic considering this post of yours is accusing the other side of doing that. You're not an Independent. I think you owe the board an apology for misrepresenting yourself.

So you can only be an independent if you have conservative leanings and find no fault with conservatives. Okay, I got that.

For years, wages in the USA (and other Western countries) have been systematically frozen or even lowered by shipping domestic work to poverty states and driving up unemployment domestically. The major Multi-National corporations have driven wages down and if left to their own devices, will continue to do so until our average lifestyle becomes comparable to that found in China (where over 200,000,000 people live on less than a dollar a day).
Here in America, our government passed laws that actually offer financial advantages and tax breaks for opening plants overseas and outsourcing even white collar work. Yet Conservatives actually DEFEND these policies and say they are necessary for American companies to remain competitive. This is complete bull but they are so brain-washed by the Right Wing media machine, they can't see the obvious. In the 70's and even into the 80's, you rarely saw homeless people except in the poorest of neighborhoods. Now they're everywhere. While major corporations, billionaires and the Military Industrial Complex have benefitted in every possible way, the lifestyle of virtually everyone else has declined. Now, we are so accustomed to seeing poor homeless people in EVERY city, we're desensitised to it.
While the multi-national companies that control the world's wealth have have been handed more and more of our wealth with the help of government redistribution, they have managed to convince Conservatives that the reason so many people have less than ever, is the fault of the citizens. Or the government who these companies have bought and paid for. Machiavelli would be proud. This lie is obvious to anyone who has their eyes open and can see beyond the propaganda.
Let's look at the claim that it would hurt both companies AND people at home, if the financial incentives were removed for shipping jobs to poverty states.
So let's say we bring the labor back. What would happen to the price of cars? They would probably go up by 3 - 8%. But the number of people able to buy them would increase dramatically. The price of food? It would not increase at all. We don't outsource that. The price of laptop computers? Less than one or two percent, if that.
But the Multi-National Companies want Americans to believe that bringing jobs back to America would be a bad thing - or that America's problems would be solved if we would just kept lowering wages until New York looked like Calcutta. They want us to remain a FIRE economy and make sure all decent paying jobs in manufacturing etc... are performed only in poverty states.
What would be the actual effect? Americans would enjoy a better lifestyle but the Multi-Nationals would make slightly less money. Keep in mind, for them, slightly less money is billions. But for us, it means a job, food, health care and a future for our children.
This propaganda has been going on for quite some time. If you look on political chat boards etc... you will see that for over a year - just as they had been told to think - Conservatives maintained that the economy would be great and unemployment would end, once those evil Liberal influences were eradicated and Major Corporations were once again profitible. Then the reports came out showing that those Saviours of the Working Man - Major Corporations, had been enjoying record breaking profits all that time. Oops. Time for a little more brain-washing. So then they were told that the problem was that those billionaire CEO's were so afraid and intimidated by Obama, the mere thought that he existed and might raise taxes some day, stopped them from hiring Americans. Of course, this won a huge victory for the Conservatives in the 2010 election and so as of then, Obama and the Liberal Democrats couldn't pass a law if they wanted to. So NOW what is the reason things are so bad? The tax rate on corporations is too high. If only they had more money! Oops. The report just came out that, by using all those perfectly legal loopholes, given to them by the government officials they bought and paid for, the average Fortune 500 pays an effective rate of 18.5%. Oops.
It boggles the mind that reasonably intelligent people can't see the obvious. But that's what devotion to a political party or ideology does to a person. Which is why I'm an Independent.

Your title alone Betrays your ignorance about Conservatives. True Conservatives are Loyal to Conservatism not the Republican Party in General.

If that does not show us your Ignorance, perhaps your Eye sore of a run on Post does?

lol

So you can only be an independent if you have conservative leanings and find no fault with conservatives. Okay, I got that.

Wrong, I am an Independent who is Conservative and Finds all sorts of Faults with Conservatives, all the time. For Example I am not a fan at all of the Religious right and hard core social Conservatism. I find even more Faults with the Republican Party. To me they are basically worthless and not really much better than the Liberal Democrats who are now in control of the Democrat Party.

I would LOVE to see Moderates regain control of Both Parties. You guys might be shocked to watch me support a Democrat, But I would if the right Fiscally conservative Blue dog Democrat presented themselves.

I have judged his or her claim of being an Idependent based on an accumulation of his or her posts. He or she is no Independent.

Agreed!
<snip>

Conservatives?

First, let me acknowledge your point abot Clinton and NAFTA. What a piece of crap. But it was the legislation that changed tax codes, that really screwed us. First in the deducting the costs of opening manufacturing plants overseas in the 70's, then of labor in the early 90's and finally the floodgate was opened in 2001 (remember about ten years ago, when you started hearing Raja on the other end of the phone at Tech-Support?)

So the thing is, there are people out there still DEFENDING these policies! They overwhelmingly belong to one group: Conservatives.

And please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this is ALL the fault of Conservatives. Liberals and Unions have certainly played a large part, as has the advent of technology that reversed the effects of the Industrial Revolution on labor proximity.
But the only people trying to protect those poor, poor, Multi-National Companies and their right to make that last, extra 100 billion dollars, at the expense of the American worker, are Conservatives.

Well, now you are changing your original post!
You are blaming conservatives (overwhelmingly), when really all parties have had a hand in this, one way or another.
Why aren't 'liberals' defending the policies 'their' people put in place? Or why aren't 'they' screaming for reform?
See what I mean?

You cannot blme the GOP solely for FREE TRADE.

That is one policy where both leaderships agree.

Both parties have screwed the American workers and by doing so have set up this nation for terrible economic times.

Millionaires-in-Chief - Clinton's money (1) - Money Magazine

Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy (February 22, 1932 &#8211; August 25, 2009) was a United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Democratic Party. Serving almost 47 years, he was the second most senior member of the Senate when he died and is the fourth-longest-serving senator in United States history.

Theodore Fulton "Ted" Stevens, Sr. (November 18, 1923 &#8211; August 9, 2010)[1][2][3] was a United States Senator from Alaska, serving from December 24, 1968, until January 3, 2009, and thus the longest-serving Republican senator in history.

JUst more proof that murkinz are idiots.
Mah daddy dun voted fur him an me granpappy too.
U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Statistics & Lists > Longest Serving Senators

For someone who claims to be 'independent', the OP does not seem terribly independent. What a mockery of a username.

I have judged his or her claim of being an Idependent based on an accumulation of his or her posts. He or she is no Independent.

So... because YOU have judged... it's written in stone? You idiots have no idea how fucking absolutist you sound. More of the same " if your not with us, you're our enemy" bullshit.

You are my fellow countryman. We may not agree politically... but you are not my enemy.

wrong again asswarp. one would expect an independent to pick out the best of both worlds and be a little bit of a centrist, you cannot be an independent and spew one party line talking points..

wrong again asswarp. one would expect an independent to pick out the best of both worlds and be a little bit of a centrist, you cannot be an independent and spew one party line talking points..

Maybe he/she has and has found there's more to pick from on the liberal side.

Look at me for instance... I am an admitted liberal. but I believe our welfare system needs overhauled and people who receive benefits must do work to get them(according to their ability to work). I also believe in the right to bear arms. I am anti abortion, but pro choice... I believe it's a personal decision that is between the person having the abortion and God. I am very much a Christian and believe that Christ's teaching is the antithesis of Capitalism(at least it's current form).

I am a liberal on some issues...worker's rights, Corporate greed, the corrupt banking industry and getting the money out of politics. But Conservative on others.

But that don't matter to you... all that you care about is slamming obie-doodle.

Forum List

Back