Conservatives And The Religious Right Cannot Be Allowed To Take Away Our Civil Rights

edb40befa1336e182e3b56390c38ff0d.jpg

In order to fully understand the push by Trump and Conservative politicians at the state and federal level to gut women’s rights, it is important to understand the role of religion in American politics. The ‘Christianizing of America’ began with The Moral Majority in the late 1970’s under Republican Strategist Paul Weyrich who also founded (ALEC), The American Legislative Exchange Council that the KOCH brothers are involved in, and the Heritage Foundation, a think tank whose job it was to come up with ideas on how to politicize religion.

Conservatives and the Religious Right Can't be Allowed to Take Our Civil Rights
Little bit (by little bit, I mean a whole shit ton), of revisionist history. The “christianization” of America started with the whole natural law philosophy that the constitution was based off of. You know, the whole “endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights” type of thing. God gave us X natural ability, therefore government, or any other person, has no right to take that away. Like it or not, we are what western philosophy based on “everyone has a spark of divinity” and the “power of reason” begought. They reasoned that because everyone was created in God’s image, and God gave us certain abilities and free will, therefore everyone has a right to these “rights”.

Wait....wut?

You mean our rights don't come from Obama?

The hell you say.
/——/ Obama declared our freedom of speech: “You’re free to agree with me.”
It just goes to show that is why Obama is for freedom and Trump is Hitler.

After all, Trump took that freedom away
/——/ Trump took nothing away from you. You’re just lashing out.

I guess the OP is upset he can't wear his favorite skirt to the little girls bathroom or something.

Forum List

Back