Conservative Republican judge on hi capacity guns:

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
... and magazines. The guy makes a very good point :) Last month he sentenced Jared Lee Loughner

Larry Alan Burns: A conservative case for an assault weapons ban » The Commercial Appeal
So what's the alternative? Bring back the assault weapons ban, and bring it back with some teeth this time. Ban the manufacture, importation, sale, transfer and possession of both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Don't let people who already have them keep them. Don't let ones that have already been manufactured stay on the market. I don't care whether it's called gun control or a gun ban. I'm for it.

I say all of this as a gun owner. I say it as a conservative who was appointed to the federal bench by a Republican president. I say it as someone who prefers Fox News to MSNBC, and National Review Online to the Daily Kos. I say it as someone who thinks the Supreme Court got it right in District of Columbia v. Heller, when it held that the Second Amendment gives us the right to possess guns for self-defense. (That's why I have mine.) I say it as someone who is not a big fan of the regulatory state.

Last edited:
We're not giving up our guns, you're not taking away our Constitutional rights

End of story

Here's a real Conservative Judge

"The purpose of the second amendment isn’t to guarantee the right to shoot deer, It’s to guarantee the right to shoot at government if its taken over by Tyrants." -- Andrew Napolitani

Just because he is a judge doesn't mean he isn't otherwise stupid. A high capacity magazine is a box with a spring in it. They can be made at home on the kitchen table.

We're not giving up our guns, you're not taking away our Constitutional rights

End of story

he's one of your people Frank :eusa_eh:

From the article:

But if we can't find a way to draw sensible lines with guns that balance individual rights and the public interest, we may as well call the American experiment in democracy a failure.

There is just no reason civilians need to own assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Gun enthusiasts can still have their venison chili, shoot for sport and competition, and make a home invader flee for his life without pretending they are a part of the SEAL team that took out Osama bin Laden.

Last edited:
I say it as someone who thinks the Supreme Court got it right in District of Columbia v. Heller…

Which means Judge Burns would have to make the argument that an AR 15 is not in ‘common use,’ and that it constitutes a ‘dangerous and unusual weapon.’

The AR 15 is clearly a gun in common use, and the Heller Court clearly stated that guns in common use cannot be banned.

There's lots of Rinos out there. And Loughner has nothing to do with the assault rifle topic.

Forum List

Back