Conservative or liberal? Who cares?

It makes a great deal of difference to me, although one must define what the words mean. Liberal used to stand for Liberty until the modern-day progressives hijacked that word. (Of course, now they're just called progressives because liberal has become a dirty word.)

Nice spin. Conservative used to mean greed, a deadly sin. Today it means avarice, a tradiitonal value.

Spin? :lol: You're not kidding. :cuckoo:

Spin? :lol? Not really, an idiotgram - a strategy I learned from the echo chamber.

The Age of Enlightenment (or simply the Enlightenment) is the era in Western philosophy and intellectual, scientific and cultural life (centered upon the eighteenth century) in which reason was advocated as the primary source and legitimacy for authority. Today's callous and social conservatives base their beliefs on emotion framed by avarice, hate and fear.

The Age of Enlightenment (or simply the Enlightenment) is the era in Western philosophy and intellectual, scientific and cultural life (centered upon the eighteenth century) in which reason was advocated as the primary source and legitimacy for authority. Today's callous and social conservatives base their beliefs on emotion framed by avarice, hate and fear.

The idea that you are somehow detached from your emotions is laughable.

The age of enlightenment ended because a bunch of idiots who thought they were smarter than everyone else who has ever lived decided to tear society apart and rebuild it. Their experiment was short lived, but full of terror and death. It got so bad towards the end that the people turned to a tyrant who ended up waging war on all of Europe and declaring himself Emperor.

I'd rather live by the Spirit than to live on hubris.

The idea that you are somehow detached from your emotions is laughable.

The age of enlightenment ended because a bunch of idiots who thought they were smarter than everyone else who has ever lived decided to tear society apart and rebuild it. Their experiment was short lived, but full of terror and death. It got so bad towards the end that the people turned to a tyrant who ended up waging war on all of Europe and declaring himself Emperor.

I'd rather live by the Spirit than to live on hubris.

Never did I post I am detached from my emotions. Only the seriously disturbed are, they are the yang to the callous/social conservative ying.

Forum List

Back