Conservative of the Year Named

Sarah Palin.

Pretty obvious.. she was/is in the spotlight. Don't see any conservative like Thompson getting it when he did not do well in the primaries. Huckabee is getting more attention from radio play than anything in his politics.

But I do think, in some of the upcoming months and years, we will see some new conservative faces becoming prominent. She won't be 'on top' with this 'title' for long....

Pretty obvious.. she was/is in the spotlight. Don't see any conservative like Thompson getting it when he did not do well in the primaries. Huckabee is getting more attention from radio play than anything in his politics.

But I do think, in some of the upcoming months and years, we will see some new conservative faces becoming prominent. She won't be 'on top' with this 'title' for long....
IMO she isn't a conservative, hence my hilarity. I'm perfectly content to see the Republicans define conservative as Sarah Palin.

IMO she isn't a conservative, hence my hilarity. I'm perfectly content to see the Republicans define conservative as Sarah Palin.

Don't think she is the definition of conservatism... but in a year where there was a push towards the center in an attempt to distance from Bush (though Bush was more progressive/moderate/centrist and not really conservative.. but that's a whole other story), she was more in the conservative 'spotlight' than any of the other conservatives that were somewhat in the news...

I don't think there's anything funny about it. I liked her, she inspired me. I think that's why she was honored, she energized the party and shook things up. Who would you name?

I don't think there's anything funny about it. I liked her, she inspired me. I think that's why she was honored, she energized the party and shook things up. Who would you name?
Seriously? I've no idea. I can't think of a single prominent Republican that is an actual conservative.

She came off as a robot reciting cutesy canned phrases. I was not impressed. If that is what energizes Republicans then that doesn't say much for Republicans.

?
How can she not be a conservative? You are aware of what she did with the finances of Alaska, right?

Ravi, you don't even know what a conservative is. Everytime someone comes along who has sensible views who calls themselves a conservative, you proclaim that that person isn't a conservative at all.

It's ludicrous.

?
How can she not be a conservative? You are aware of what she did with the finances of Alaska, right?

Ravi, you don't even know what a conservative is. Everytime someone comes along who has sensible views who calls themselves a conservative, you proclaim that that person isn't a conservative at all.

It's ludicrous.

perhaps you can explain to us exactly what a conservative is Allie? Cuz I certainly have no clue it would seem.

?

It's ludicrous.

No, she insists Bush is a conservative as well. Idiots.

You sure don't since you think Bush was one.

he presented himself as one... sorry, I don't know the difference between someone who claims to be a con and one who actually IS a con....

again, perhaps you can explain it to us...

As it's used by conservatives in the US, it's social conservatism, i.e., philosophy that supports preservation of the heritage of a nation or culture. A US conservative also believes in economic conservatism: a fiscal policy that advocates a reduction in overall government spending. Fiscal conservatives often consider deficit and national debt reduction as well as balancing the federal budget of paramount importance. Free trade, deregulation of the economy, lower taxes, and other neoliberal policies are also often affiliated with fiscal conservatism.

Now zealots on the left claim that conservatism means a desire to maintain the status quo...but that is only true if the status quo is economically and culturally CONSERVATIVE at the time being referred to. It's idiotic to say in the 1970s, conservatives were for preserving free love and a welfare state.

he presented himself as one... sorry, I don't know the difference between someone who claims to be a con and one who actually IS a con....

Clinton presented himself as a Democrat, then broke his back to put Republican policies in place.

Go figure.

Sarah Palin.

Thank you Jesus!

I was hoping to see a list of choices. I have been asking my republican friends which senators/congressmen/representatives were good conservatives and no one seems to be able to name any.

Say Bobbi Jindai from New Orleans and I'll smack you. :eusa_hand:

He wasn't running things the last 8 years.

All these Republicans are distancing themselves from Bush, but they can't tell me who did a good job if Bush is the only bad guy?

It has been explained in several threads already and you dumb fucks just ignore it.

Some characteristics of a Conservative politically would be a

1) a belief that Government can not answer ever question nor provide for every need and should be only as big as absolutely needed.

2) People are responsible for their actions and their welfare. The Government is not responsible to provide a safety net,that is the job of the Citizenry through charity.

3) The Government should not tax and spend unless it has a defined and legal purpose for doing so. Taxes belong to the people not the Government. Collecting them and using them is a duty that must be shown to be required.

4) Less regulation and less laws, only creating laws and regulations when needed and proven to be required.

5) Obeying and following the Documents and laws that grant power to the Government, not inventing new powers without going to the people for authority through the Amendment process.

Those just off the top of my head.

I was hoping to see a list of choices. I have been asking my republican friends which senators/congressmen/representatives were good conservatives and no one seems to be able to name any.

Say Bobbi Jindai from New Orleans and I'll smack you. :eusa_hand:

He wasn't running things the last 8 years.

All these Republicans are distancing themselves from Bush, but they can't tell me who did a good job if Bush is the only bad guy?
They pretend to distance themselves from Bush...but look who has been chosen Conservative of the Year...the one person out there who is exactly like Bush in every department except physical equipment.

:lol:

It has been explained in several threads already and you dumb fucks just ignore it.

I've never seen those threads so I wasn't ignoring anything....

Some characteristics of a Conservative politically would be a

1) a belief that Government can not answer ever question nor provide for every need and should be only as big as absolutely needed. except when it comes to personal choices, such as abortion and gay marriage, right?

2) People are responsible for their actions and their welfare. The Government is not responsible to provide a safety net,that is the job of the Citizenry through charity. except when it comes to corporations such as Wall Street and enron, right?

3) The Government should not tax and spend unless it has a defined and legal purpose for doing so. Taxes belong to the people not the Government. Collecting them and using them is a duty that must be shown to be required. except when it comes to wars without merit, right?

4) Less regulation and less laws, only creating laws and regulations when needed and proven to be required. yes, let's fuck the environment...why regulate water for the people to drink? fuck em.... yeah, why regulate medicine? let the people take any experimental drug they want, except RU486...that one kills babies...let's regulate that one... forget regulating banks too... oh wait... that got us into this current mess....let's regulate them again.....

5) Obeying and following the Documents and laws that grant power to the Government, not inventing new powers without going to the people for authority through the Amendment process. except when it's in the name of national security, right?

funny thing though... most people view conservatives as people who want no government except in the name of the unborn and the anti-gay supporters....

does it bother you that the face of conservatives is like that?

Forum List

Back