Conservative 'Media' Disgraces 'Journalism' With McCarthy Gossip

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"To say that we have an obligation to publish them because they are “out there,” because people are “buzzing about them,” is an abdication of responsibility. It reduces us to gossip-mongers at best, smear merchants at worse."

Turns out the rumor began on GotNews.com, whose owner had been booted off Twitter for making false accusations against people based on rumors. From there it was picked up by other 'Conservative' 'media'... The UN-substantiated RUMOR regarding an affair involving McCarthy was next picked up by the 'major' media, despite the fact hat there was no evidence to support it.

Being ignored, shrouded in diversion and silence, is this disgusting example of what today's media has become - sensational gossip-mongers who report salacious 'news' without verification of truth, no matter how much it might destroy someone's life, in an attempt to be the 1st one to report it.

There are claims on both 'sides' of 'partisan' journalism, but - removing the politics and partisanship from this story - this was a perfect example of IRRESPONSIBLE journalism.

"To say that we have an obligation to publish them because they are “out there,” because people are “buzzing about them,” is an abdication of responsibility. It reduces us to gossip-mongers at best, smear merchants at worse."

Turns out the rumor began on GotNews.com, whose owner had been booted off Twitter for making false accusations against people based on rumors. From there it was picked up by other 'Conservative' 'media'... The UN-substantiated RUMOR regarding an affair involving McCarthy was next picked up by the 'major' media, despite the fact hat there was no evidence to support it.

Being ignored, shrouded in diversion and silence, is this disgusting example of what today's media has become - sensational gossip-mongers who report salacious 'news' without verification of truth, no matter how much it might destroy someone's life, in an attempt to be the 1st one to report it.

There are claims on both 'sides' of 'partisan' journalism, but - removing the politics and partisanship from this story - this was a perfect example of IRRESPONSIBLE journalism.

Your Hollywood driven news media can & will find a new low on an as needed basis. You know, like routine maintenance. It's always there, even when ignored for a time. Sooner or later, you gots to go through the motions.

The GOP had no 'say'. As soon as this came up McCarthy backed down....unlike Mr. ' I did not have sex with this woman' (...or any of those kids on 'Pedophile Island... :p)

The GOP had no 'say'. As soon as this came up McCarthy backed down....unlike Mr. ' I did not have sex with this woman' (...or any of those kids on 'Pedophile Island... :p)

Sounds like another conservative rumor (LIE) under development.

Jim, are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim that Clinton never said, "I did not have sex with that woman" after he was busted in his Lewinski affair?!?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dude, you just took liberal delusion and denial to a WHOLE new level!

:lol:

Jim, are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim that Clinton never said, "I did not have sex with that woman" after he was busted in his Lewinski affair?!?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dude, you just took liberal delusion and denial to a WHOLE new level!

:lol:

I am saying that Newt has had multiple girlfriends and wives and was lauded by the "pure" GOP.

Oh, and Bill could be elected again if he chose. Still married to one woman.....something many Repubs (trump) cannot say.

Jim, only libs could call a situation where a man and a woman share a last name who don't live together while the career rapist/adulterer/sexual harasser male has sex with other women and small children and the woman has sex with other women a 'Marriage'.

:lmao:

It was a lie concocted by one of your Far Right Loony Tunes!

Facts and the Truth have never stood in the way of the GOP before. Why change?

Sorta reminds me of the lefty media going bonkers after Handjob Harry Reid broke the news on the Senate floor that 'word had it' Mitt hadn't paid taxes in 10 years. An outright lie but they swallowed it and then spread it around as fertilizer.

"The ACA will NOT cost a dime."
"The ACA will pay for itself"
"No one will lose their job / insurance"
"If you like your plan you can keep it."

"I did not use personal e-mail"

"I only used one personal device..."

"Ok, I only used 2 devices..."

"Ok, I used 3...but only 1 server..."

"Ok I used 2 servers, but they were encrypted"

"Ok, they were encrypted incorrectly, but they were kept SAFE"

"OK, one was found in the BATHROOM of a small IT company that had no security clearnce, but the data was wiped clean..."

"Ok, so the FBI is recovering the e-mails, but the other data was secure...I hung it in the CLOUD"

"I never sent / received classified e-mails..."

"I never sent / received e-mails marked classified AT THAT MOMENT..."

"Ok, I sent / received classified e-mails - I will be more careful....next....PLEASE?!"

(I wonder why ONLY 60% of people think she is un-trustworthy?! Somwhere out there, there are a LOT of stupid people... 40%)

Copy those quotes so you can repost them when the GOP loses the WH again next year.......:banana:

It is pointed out that the lunatic right are concocting stories about its own and you do exactly what all Repubs do. You deflect, deflect, deflect.

"BUT LOOK OVER THERE!...."
"DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN!"
"MAYBE SO, BUT READ WHAT HE/SHE SAID THEN!"

Anything to keep from addressing the topic of the thread.

Forum List

Back