Conservative hero Ben Carson: 'I am proud of the president'

Republicans tend to be more respectful of the OFFICE of the presidency, certainly more so than the democrats when a Republican is president.

That's a funny statement. I've seen both sides. Conservatives are much worse overall.
I doubt that.

Whoever controls the office is rather well behaved. The party out of office on the other hand...

I remember Bush was a Nazi, planned 9/11 himself and much more really disgusting vitriol. Now we have Obama and he is a foreign born Muslim that supports terrorists.
To me its all the same vitriol. I don't count any 'side' as particularly respectful more than the other.

While I agree that it comes from both sides, the difference I see is that when Bush was in office, those on the far left were the ones being disrespectful. I did not see it so much from moderate Democrats, however, now I see it from almost all Republicans supporting the idea that Obama is a "Communist" and a "Marxist". Only the real nutjobs think he is a Muslim terrorist, but almost all Republicans think he is a Communist, which is not based on anything other than their screwed up vision of what America should be in their minds.

Republicans tend to be more respectful of the OFFICE of the presidency, certainly more so than the democrats when a Republican is president.

That's a funny statement. I've seen both sides. Conservatives are much worse overall.
I doubt that.

Whoever controls the office is rather well behaved. The party out of office on the other hand...

I remember Bush was a Nazi, planned 9/11 himself and much more really disgusting vitriol. Now we have Obama and he is a foreign born Muslim that supports terrorists.
To me its all the same vitriol. I don't count any 'side' as particularly respectful more than the other.

While I agree that it comes from both sides, the difference I see is that when Bush was in office, those on the far left were the ones being disrespectful. I did not see it so much from moderate Democrats, however, now I see it from almost all Republicans supporting the idea that Obama is a "Communist" and a "Marxist". Only the real nutjobs think he is a Muslim terrorist, but almost all Republicans think he is a Communist, which is not based on anything other than their screwed up vision of what America should be in their minds.
That is because the other side needs a demon and communism is it for the right.

I would say that just as many moderate dems thought Bush was a totalitarian. That is the demon for the left. Don't you remember all the rallying cries about GITMO and the PA? It conceals the fact from the masses that they pass almost all the same legislation.

Source Wiki:

In 1999 Carson wrote:

A lot of people, including myself, have benefitted from affirmative action...and have, in fact, taken advantage of the opportunity it afforded them. And I think that is the best possible reason for advocating the continuation of some program that allows minorities to have opportunities and improved access to mainstream America.

I would love to hear people engage in a very different conversation—on how we might maintain the benefits of affirmative action but change it and even call it something else. We have to be smart, you see. What I would like to call it is compassionate action.

No, I don't see how Ben is going to win teabaggers over.

Ben Carson....ouch.

Well that means Ben is now toast with the teabaggers

"I am proud of the president of the United States for taking a tough stand on this issue," Carson, a frequent and no-holds-barred critic of Obama, wrote in a Washington Times opinion piece published late Tuesday. "It was extremely encouraging to see the United States and Sony eventually stand up to the cyberbullying of the North Koreans by allowing the movie 'The Interview' to be released in theaters around the country despite threats of retaliation."

Conservative hero Ben Carson on Sony I am proud of the president - CNN.com
Well that means Ben is now toast with the teabaggers
Not at all,we unlike people like yourself we,are not narrow minded,and give praise where and when it is warranted.
Its a hoot these blow hard self absorbed ass wipes think they know everything when they know so little.

Source Wiki:

In 1999 Carson wrote:

A lot of people, including myself, have benefitted from affirmative action...and have, in fact, taken advantage of the opportunity it afforded them. And I think that is the best possible reason for advocating the continuation of some program that allows minorities to have opportunities and improved access to mainstream America.

I would love to hear people engage in a very different conversation—on how we might maintain the benefits of affirmative action but change it and even call it something else. We have to be smart, you see. What I would like to call it is compassionate action.

Ben Carson....ouch.
So far he has my vote.

Source Wiki:

In 1999 Carson wrote:

Ben Carson....ouch.
So far he has my vote.

And if you pass special laws for asians they will benefit as well.

Of course, Japanese Americans don't seem to need special rights, I guess they are just glad to be out of FDR internment camps.

Forum List

Back