Conservative Groups Declare Obama's Stimulus Bill a War on Prayer

So Obama's determination to PENALIZE those schools which allow prayer is an OBVIOUS violation of "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE". Because he is very deliberately penalizing people for their religious beliefs.

While much of what you say is actually accurate (I think you've got it) this part isn't.

Penalizing would be taking away something that is already given, in this case it is simply putting limitations on spending, pretty much what even private companies do with loans. Even for personal loans you still have stipulations like this, though they aren't written they are implied and enforcable by law, that you cannot spend the money loaned to you on illegal activities for if you do it's a breech of contract. This is just one stipulation, it would be the same as if say the loan was to the medical organizations and he said "you cannot use this money to fund controversial abortion research."

That may not be the dumbest staement you've ever made Bob but it has to be near the top of the list.

To pray is to talk to your God. I love and respect My wife but I'd best be talking to her time to time or she will get damn unhappy with me. Ditto God.

BULL FUCKING SHIT. I am willing to bet that more then 75% of the people who pray and consider themselves "religious" merely pray when they want to ask God for something or ask him to change something.

You can talk to God without getting on your hands and knees. Or without "Praying"

It's selfish to pray to God like people do because:

God has a divine plan. In that divine plan, everything that is suppose to happen according to the plan.

When people pray they are asking God to change his plan because they think they know better then God.

And what makes you think that you, I, or anyone else knows better then God when it comes to any situation?

Furthermore, he most likely gets billions if not trillions of prayers a day, all asking him to change his plan.

And say that your family member does live, or you do get that job; what do you say?

It was God's will.

And if you don't?

It was God's will.

That's why prayer is pointless and disrespectful to God in my opinion.
showing yet again, how LITTLE you really know

would you be happier if they just called it an attack on freedom of religion?

Case in point. So far ... the only time the word war was accurate was with Iraq ... lately at least.
it basically means the same damn thing
but you got your panties in a bunch

Are you this slow ... there was not an attack on Christmas ... there was no attack on Freedom of Speech ... and there is NO ATTACK ON FREEDOM OF RELIGION. You sound like environuts when you say this ... oh the sky is falling!

Case in point. So far ... the only time the word war was accurate was with Iraq ... lately at least.
it basically means the same damn thing
but you got your panties in a bunch

Are you this slow ... there was not an attack on Christmas ... there was no attack on Freedom of Speech ... and there is NO ATTACK ON FREEDOM OF RELIGION. You sound like environuts when you say this ... oh the sky is falling!
no, it is YOU that is slow
that is YOUR OPINION, i disagree as do many others

Just for kicks ... show how, just how is saying that they cannot spend the money on religious stuff forcing people to follow any one religious idea or much better forcing people to give up their religions?

Keep in mind before you really stick your foot in your mouth, Obama is not only devout christian but also a huge supporter of christian ideals (the reason I didn't like him actually).

Just for kicks ... show how, just how is saying that they cannot spend the money on religious stuff forcing people to follow any one religious idea or much better forcing people to give up their religions?

Keep in mind before you really stick your foot in your mouth, Obama is not only devout christian but also a huge supporter of christian ideals (the reason I didn't like him actually).
because it restricts the free exercize

How ... how does not giving a hand out to be used for religious purposes restricting something? There is no effort to make a law even saying they can't do it, they just can't waste the money he is giving them on it, they could get it from somewhere else, they could *gasp* use all that money that people pay to the churches already ... still ... no restrictions on what they do, just they can't waste the money that he wants put to better use is all.

How ... how does not giving a hand out to be used for religious purposes restricting something? There is no effort to make a law even saying they can't do it, they just can't waste the money he is giving them on it, they could get it from somewhere else, they could *gasp* use all that money that people pay to the churches already ... still ... no restrictions on what they do, just they can't waste the money that he wants put to better use is all.
its not a fucking handout, stop being such a fucking asshole for a change
it tells schools they CANT do anything with religious groups or risk losing funding
THAT is restricting the free exercize
i know YOU love that because you hate religious people

it tells schools they CANT do anything with religious groups or risk losing funding

So ... if I give a kid a ten dollar a week on allowance and say don't spend it on crack I am attacking his right to choose to use crack?

So ... if I give a kid a ten dollar a week on allowance and say don't spend it on crack I am attacking his right to choose to use crack?
you are restricting his OPTIONS
too bad you cant see it

btw, YOU, as a private citizen, would be free to make any restriction you wanted, the government is bound by the constitution and is limited in what they CAN restrict
that same constitution gives you the freedom to not be forced into a church you dont wish to be in

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back