Conservative Feudalism

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Conservatives believe in a social hierarchy of "haves" and "have nots". They disguise it in sound bites as "less government" and "personal responsibility" with lots of flag waving.

Right wing ideology is "dime-store economics" , cheap labor is their catch phrase. They are "cheap labor" conservatives. They don't like social spending. They want you over a barrel to work cheap or starve. They don't like a minimum wage. Why? So you can work cheap because you're over a barrel.

Unemployment was 23 percent when FDR took office in 1933. It dropped to 2.5 percent by time the next Republican was in the White House in 1953. It climbed back to 6.5 percent by the end of the Eisenhower administration. It dropped to 3.5 percent by the time LBJ left office. It climbed over 5 percent shortly after Nixon took office, and stayed there for 27 years, until Clinton brought it down to 4.5 percent early in his second term.

That same period - especially from the late forties into the early seventies - was the "golden age" of the United States. We sent men to the moon. We built our Interstate Highway system. We ended segregation in the South and established Medicare. In those days, a single wage earner could support an entire family on his wages.

Cheap-labor Republicans have no problem at all opening the public purse for corporate interests, it's "social spending" on people who actually need assistance that they just "can't tolerate".

Why? Destitute people work cheaper.

Last edited:
Conservatives believe in a social hierarchy of "haves" and "have nots".
I'm a conservative and I don't. I know few who do.

So, you're first claim is flat wrong.

.... They disguise it in sound bites as "less government" and "personal responsibility" with lots of flag waving.
One has nothing to do with the other, so that is nothing but nonsense.

Two sentences, both full of nonsense. Commenting on any further claims in your post would be a waste of time.

They are incurious so they don't investigate what Murdoch or CNBC tell them and they base their lives on works of fiction (Rand)

Conservatives believe in a social hierarchy of "haves" and "have nots". They disguise it in sound bites as "less government" and "personal responsibility" with lots of flag waving.

Right wing ideology is "dime-store economics" , cheap labor is their catch phrase. They are "cheap labor" conservatives. They don't like social spending. They want you over a barrel to work cheap or starve. They don't like a minimum wage. Why? So you can work cheap because you're over a barrel.

Unemployment was 23 percent when FDR took office in 1933. It dropped to 2.5 percent by time the next Republican was in the White House in 1953. It climbed back to 6.5 percent by the end of the Eisenhower administration. It dropped to 3.5 percent by the time LBJ left office. It climbed over 5 percent shortly after Nixon took office, and stayed there for 27 years, until Clinton brought it down to 4.5 percent early in his second term.

That same period - especially from the late forties into the early seventies - was the "golden age" of the United States. We sent men to the moon. We built our Interstate Highway system. We ended segregation in the South and established Medicare. In those days, a single wage earner could support an entire family on his wages.

Cheap-labor Republicans have no problem at all opening the public purse for corporate interests, it's "social spending" on people who actually need assistance that they just "can't tolerate".

FDR? He was elected on a promise to end the recession and under his leadership it turned into a soup line depression and lasted until the doddering old fool finally died in his 4th term during WW2. The interstate highway system was developed during Eisenhower's administration.. Barry actually had the nerve to joke about shovel ready jobs (or the lack of them) while he was financing Solyndra with taxpayer dollars.

• Banned
They are incurious so they don't investigate what Murdoch or CNBC tell them and they base their lives on works of fiction (Rand)

They are sheep.

Conservative oppose the following:

Social spending" otherwise known as "redistribution". While they don't mind tax dollars being used for killing people, using their taxes to feed people is "stealing".

Minimum wage laws.

Every piece of legislation ever proposed to improve working conditions, including the eight hour day, OSHA regulations, and even Child Labor laws.

Labor unions, who "extort" employers by collectively bargaining.

Environmental regulations and the EPA.

Federal support and federal standards for public education.

Civil rights legislation. There are still cheap-labor conservatives today, who were staunch defenders of "Jim Crow". Apparently, federal laws ending segregation were "tyranny", but segregation itself was not.

Public broadcasting - which is virtually the only source for classical music, opera, traditional theatre, traditional American music. This from the people constantly braying about the decay of "the culture". The average cost of Public Television for each American is a whopping one dollar a year. "It's tyranny I tell you. Enough's enough!"

See the pattern? Cheap-labor conservatives support every coercive and oppressive function of government, but call it "tyranny" if government does something for you - using their money, for Chrissake.

Last edited:

They are sheep.

Conservative oppose the following:

Social spending" otherwise known as "redistribution". While they don't mind tax dollars being used for killing people, using their taxes to feed people is "stealing".

Minimum wage laws.

Every piece of legislation ever proposed to improve working conditions, including the eight hour day, OSHA regulations, and even Child Labor laws.

Labor unions, who "extort" employers by collectively bargaining.

Environmental regulations and the EPA.

Federal support and federal standards for public education.

Civil rights legislation. There are still cheap-labor conservatives today, who were staunch defenders of "Jim Crow" - including conspicuously Buckley's National Review. Apparently, federal laws ending segregation were "tyranny", but segregation itself was not.

Public broadcasting - which is virtually the only source for classical music, opera, traditional theatre, traditional American music. This from the people constantly braying about the decay of "the culture". The average cost of Public Television for each American is a whopping one dollar a year. "It's tyranny I tell you. Enough's enough!"

See the pattern? Cheap-labor conservatives support every coercive and oppressive function of government, but call it "tyranny" if government does something for you - using their money, for Chrissake.

You seem to be the sheep here.
Is Sergey Brin a have or have not? He is one of the richest men in AMerica. Of course 30 years ago he was a struggling kid. Most of the wealthy in America got that way by working hard. They certainly stay that way by working hard. WHen was the last time you saw an Astor or Vanderbilt in the top 30 richest people?

• Banned
Hey, I know I'm whopping the cons when they neg rep me out of the woodwork!

Whooohoo!:lol:

Sidney Blumenthal stated, in his book, The Rise of the Counter-Establishment: From Conservative Ideology to Political Power, that "conservatism requires liberalism for its meaning." For "without the enemy of liberalism to serve as nemesis and model, conservative politics would lack its organizing principle."

Last edited:
  • Banned
Conservatives lie about what they are doing. They are trying to destroy Social Security while claiming they mean to save it. They have to lie, because no one with any sense, or any concern for our nation, would want them to succeed at destroying it.

They make up reasons why any proposed national health insurance plan will fail, because they do not want one to succeed.

They claim they want to stop abortion "to save lives" while instituting programs that are known to increase the likelihood of unwanted pregnancy and abortion.

They empty our treasury and cut taxes to the rich while claiming to "improve" our economy.

They construct a program of theocracy while claiming it's in aid of "freedom of religion".

They claim to be "Constitutional constructionists" while stripping the Constitution of any meaning.

They restrict our travel and threaten to remove our citizenship for political reasons while claiming to "protect our freedoms".

And they say liberals hate America.:cuckoo:

Where do you get this crap?
There is a social hierarchy, but we would all rather everyone was in the upper reaches. Well off people buy more product.
The very idea that Conservatives want to keep poor people poor is absurd. We want everyone to have the same opportunity to realize success. Successful, gainfully employed people require less from entitlement programs, pay more taxes, commit fewer crimes and actually lower the overall tax burden. Poor people cost money, Sky. They are a drain on resources and they contribute very little in return.
True, we need laborers and burger flippers, but Conservatives have no desire to trap people in dead end jobs. We would prefer that burger flippers advance socially and economically and end up hiring the next crop of burger flippers.
Liberal seem content to keep poor people poor by paying them not to seek to better themselves, thereby assuring that the terminally poor remain beholding to the Democrat Party.

FDR did not bring about the end of the Great Depression. Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito did that, thank you. Korea held unemployment down until we got out of there during Ike's administration. It fell again as Johnson escalated the Viet Nam war.

OK you say Conservatives have no problem opening the purse for corporate interests, but you fail to understand the lowering corporate taxes lowers the cost of doing business allowing business to hire workers if demand allows and lower prices for their goods and services.

We have no problem giving assistance to people who actually need it. As a matter of fact, Conservatives donate significantly more to charity than progressives do. The difference is that you think the government should foot the bill and we don't. The Democrat party depends on a permanent welfare class, but Conservatives believe in temporary assistance for people until they get back on their feet.

This is essentially correct.

The conservative motive is more blind dogma, ignorance, and naïveté rather than malice, however.

But conservatives do have a fundamental contempt for the ‘working class,’ those who are ‘dependent’ on property owners for a livelihood should expect no security or consideration, the ‘working class’ have only themselves to blame for unemployment and low wages.

Sidney Blumenthal stated, in his book, The Rise of the Counter-Establishment: From Conservative Ideology to Political Power, that "conservatism requires liberalism for its meaning." For "without the enemy of liberalism to serve as nemesis and model, conservative politics would lack its organizing principle."
Very true.

Proud of negs now, Sky? Here's a hint. People don't neg you because of your intelligence, but for your lack of it.

You're neg repped because you're a moron.
Blumenthal is also a moron. Conservatism requires the Founding Fathers for meaning. Nothing else.

Wow more Conservatism as Explained by a Flaming Liberal Asswipe. Wooo hooo.

Conservatives lie about what they are doing. They are trying to destroy Social Security while claiming they mean to save it. They have to lie, because no one with any sense, or any concern for our nation, would want them to succeed at destroying it.

They make up reasons why any proposed national health insurance plan will fail, because they do not want one to succeed.

They claim they want to stop abortion "to save lives" while instituting programs that are known to increase the likelihood of unwanted pregnancy and abortion.

They empty our treasury and cut taxes to the rich while claiming to "improve" our economy.

They construct a program of theocracy while claiming it's in aid of "freedom of religion".

They claim to be "Constitutional constructionists" while stripping the Constitution of any meaning.

They restrict our travel and threaten to remove our citizenship for political reasons while claiming to "protect our freedoms".

Please support your (bolded by me) claims with facts.

I believe in work or starve. Firmly believe it.

The alternative is sit on your ass and get spoon fed.

Then complain because it's not good enough.

Work or starve.

I believe in work or starve. Firmly believe it.

The alternative is sit on your ass and get spoon fed.

Then complain because it's not good enough.

Work or starve.

I agree in the same. I've worked all my life, I believe in work ethic. I am from working class stock.

Unlike some of the rich Republicans, I will be working until the day I die.

Please support your (bolded by me) claims with facts.

No. I'm not going to do your work for you.

Forum List

Back